Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners (1394 Views)

Does Coding Really Increase The Iq Of Kids / Does Coding Really Increase The Iq Of Kids / Does Learning Programming And Coding Really Worth learning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by olusegunadex: 12:32am On May 27, 2022
If you are here, you are interested in making a career change to become a programmer, so let’s get started.

Software developers work on fascinating projects and command really impressive salaries, considering the huge demand for the skill, it’s no wonder you are interested in the skill.

Learning to code could be a very fulfilling and rewarding career choice, but oftentimes, new entrants ask, “is coding really hard”.

Simple answer: NO

Coding is really not hard. If you take your time, have a little patience, and be consistent, you can really do learning – and coding is not an exception.

How is Coding not really hard to learn?

Firstly, starting out can be very tricky. It is best not to “bite more than you can chew”, especially when you are new. Learning complex languages in the beginning before mastering the simple stuff can get really confusing, and it is one of the best ingredients to giving up quickly on the journey. It is best to start from the fundamentals before mastering complex methodologies.

The easy-to-learn languages

HTML and CSS

If you are a beginner, HTML and CSS is the best place to start from. It is easy to learn, and it makes you appreciate the really easy concepts of programming.

HTML is very valuable in every field of web development, the support is great, and you can pretty much find tutorials everywhere on the web.

Ruby on Rails

Ruby on Rails is also an interesting language to consider after mastering HTML and CSS. Ruby on Rails is beginner-friendly, with lots of easy-to-master syntaxes. You can start with simple projects, and start laying your hands on complex methods as you progress in your journey.

JavaScript

JavaScript is another easy language to go with. HTML and JavaScript go hand-to-hand for web development, the support is magnificent, not so hard to learn, and be proficient in JavaScript will enable you to build projects from the scratch.

JavaScript jobs are not so hard to come by in today’s job market.

Check out this blog post on our advice for newbie web developers and why they should learn JavaScript.

Python

Python is another interesting language to pick up as well. Python gives you the ability to automate trivial stuff and lets you focus on more exciting and useful things. Python experience allows you to do a lot more than R e.g. you can create scripts to go into web development and so much more than go into Deep Learning, Deep Machine Learning with Python. One of the most interesting things to note about Python is that the language is robust enough to keep running even if there are errors in your code.

Source: https://devsntechies.com/is-coding-really-hard-to-learn-advice-for-beginners/?amp=1
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by olusegunadex: 12:33am On May 27, 2022
Senior developers in the house, kindly share thoughts also ��
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Nobody: 8:36am On May 27, 2022
It's hard
Don't let anyone tell u otherwise
Truth is bitter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Esama: 8:52am On May 27, 2022
There's nothing hard to learn in this world what you need is focus and be patient be consistent
GREATIGBOMAN:
It's hard
Don't let anyone tell u otherwise
Truth is bitter
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Nobody: 9:13am On May 27, 2022
Esama:
There's nothing hard to learn in this world what you need is focus and be patient be consistent

They're a lot of things hard to learn

Stop deceiving yourself

If development was easy people will spend 1 hour learning it

It takes months and years because it's hard period.

The fact that your brain takes its time to fully understand what's going on means it's hard on its own

Even for geniuses

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Esama: 9:47am On May 27, 2022
Guy stop misleading people because of your own selfish interest. I have no knowledge about programming when I started it in 2014. But today I thank God for where I am.
GREATIGBOMAN:

They're a lot of things hard to learn

Stop deceiving yourself

If development was easy people will spend 1 hour learning it

It takes months and years because it's hard period.

The fact that your brain takes its time to fully understand what's going on means it's hard on its own

Even for geniuses
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Nobody: 10:07am On May 27, 2022
Esama:
Guy stop misleading people because of your own selfish interest. I have no knowledge about programming when I started it in 2014. But today I thank God for where I am.

Stop being silly
What selfish reason are u capping about?

The fact something is hard doesn't mean it can't be learnt

It is hard doesn't mean it can't be learnt

I'm not misleading anyone... just stating the obvious

You started since 2014 and it took you 8 years to get a hold of it hahahaha and u say it's easy

You're an Okpo and you're the one misleading people.

To learn coding and earn say 300k per month upwards

You'll gnash your teeth day and night

You'll spend countless hours in one spot doing same thing that wouldn't make any sense for days

You'll watch a 30 minutes video for sometimes 5 hours

You'll write a code, delete it, write it again , delete it and again and again.

You won't get a penny while doing all this brothers and sisters

It's for those with passion mostly and who love the bigger picture

HTML is easy

That's where it ends

CSS is tricky lol

Easy and first confusing later even for pros

JavaScript is where your problems starts

If you understand JavaScript to the point you can confidently build your own say, Array methods... then you may start perceiving other things as easy

This guy saying it's easy may not even know how to build a simple Caesar Sipher grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Playermayweda(m): 11:04am On May 27, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Stop being silly

You started since 2014 and it took you 8 years to get a hold of it hahahaha and u say it's easy

You'll spend countless hours in one spot doing same thing that wouldn't make any sense for days

HTML is easy

That's where it ends

CSS is tricky lol

If you understand JavaScript to the point you can confidently build your own say, Array methods... then you may start perceiving other things as easy

This guy saying it's easy may not even know how to build a simple Caesar Sipher grin

Underrated comment. You deserve 10 beers for this, Programming is challenging, it's hard, because you're capable of doing something doesn't make it easy, it like a footballer coming to tell you football is easy, he himself will know himself is lying.

Anything worth it in life is hard. Except grace dey your head

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by ichidodo: 11:18am On May 27, 2022
Programming is hard..Simple and Short.The only Thing that can pull you through is just God, forget talent,skill or passion.

2 Likes

Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by jesmond3945: 12:35pm On May 27, 2022
frontpage seun lalasticlala
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Ay92(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2022
I've been learning Python for months now
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by spartan117(m): 2:47pm On May 27, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Stop being silly

HTML is easy

That's where it ends

CSS is tricky lol

Aptly said!
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Sheriman(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2022
Programming is really hard to say the truth. I am already in to it so there is no going back. In this life nothing good really comes easy. If it is easy to do why are companies paying thousands of dollars as salary to programmers to develop software for them? Why are they scarce and well demanded.
Programming is a very serious brain labour task that requires dedication, time and seriousness.

5 Likes

Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by jbreezy: 7:53pm On May 28, 2022
Coding no easy ooh...But it becomes more difficult when you take the wrong approach to learn it.
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by jansonn(m): 3:19am On May 29, 2022
I think it depends on the individual. I study medicine so I decided to venture into new challenging grounds, and I've been studying JavaScript for some weeks now, and seriously its not difficult. My idea of having gone through medical school makes me feel nothing can more difficult and truthfully it's been really smooth for me sha. So it depends on the individual, your ability to learn fast and discipline too. And please, it's tasky but not impossible!! Don't lose the battle before you even start it. Good luck
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by mrfizy(m): 7:30am On May 29, 2022
Coding is hard but that's precisely one of the whys you have to learn it.
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by emmzo(m): 7:32am On May 29, 2022
Lean Web design and programming for free now

Message Code A-Z on WhatsApp. https:///message/M6DXVIH2UASSI1
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by excanny: 7:58am On May 29, 2022
jansonn:
I think it depends on the individual. I study medicine so I decided to venture into new challenging grounds, and I've been studying JavaScript for some weeks now, and seriously its not difficult. My idea of having gone through medical school makes me feel nothing can more difficult and truthfully it's been really smooth for me sha. So it depends on the individual, your ability to learn fast and discipline too. And please, it's tasky but not impossible!! Don't lose the battle before you even start it. Good luck

Coding is more difficult than studying medicine by far by far, especially if you decide to leave the junior developer ranks into senior.

This is my 14th year and there’s still a large field of knowledge for me to yet acquire.
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by realunclej(m): 10:51am On May 29, 2022
Coding is not as difficult as people make it looks. You can follow my argument in this thread for fullstack development at https://www.nairaland.com/7150801/discussion-thread-best-learning-path
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by jikins(m): 10:58am On May 29, 2022
excanny:

Coding is more difficult than studying medicine by far by far, especially if you decide to leave the junior developer ranks into senior.

This is my 14th year and there’s still a large field of knowledge for me to yet acquire.

Oga have you studied medicine once in your life? If you havnt keep quiet. I am into both and both are equally difficult nor be everything them dey compare. Especially if you havnt walked a day in the other.
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by Laverneitchel: 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2023
Coding is no longer just for adults. With the rise of coding tools, tutorials, and resources available for children, it's now possible for 5-year-olds to learn the basics of coding and begin to unlock their creativity. From technology toys to online coding classes, there are more opportunities than ever before for young kids to explore the world of coding. In this blog post, we'll explore some of the best options for introducing https://unicminds.com/.
Re: Is Coding Really Hard To Learn? Advice For Beginners by williamthomas96: 10:17am On Feb 28, 2023
Learning to code can seem intimidating, but it doesn't have to be hard. With the right mindset and approach, anyone can learn to code. Here are some tips for beginners:

Start with the basics: Before jumping into complex programming concepts, it's important to understand the basics of programming. This includes learning the syntax of the programming language you want to learn, understanding data types, and learning how to write basic programs.

Practice, practice, practice: The best way to learn to code is by doing it. Set aside time each day to work on coding projects and practice writing code. This will help you build your skills and reinforce what you've learned.

Take advantage of resources: There are many resources available to help you learn to code, including online courses, tutorials, and forums. Take advantage of these resources to supplement your learning.

Don't be afraid to ask for help: Learning to code can be challenging, and it's important to ask for help when you need it. Reach out to other coders in online forums or seek guidance from a mentor.

Find a software training institute: If you want to accelerate your learning, consider enrolling in a software training institute. They offer structured courses with experienced instructors that can help you build a solid foundation in coding.

In conclusion, while learning to code can be challenging, it's not impossible. With dedication, practice, and the right resources, anyone can learn to code. If you're serious about becoming a proficient coder, consider enrolling in a chennai software training institute
to give yourself the best chance for success.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Quit This Job? / More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities / Çan You Write Programs For Games With Java.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.