Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) (1001 Views)

Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV / Watch Live Tv On Mobile Android Phone And Smart TV / My Experience Buying A Used TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by contour0510(m): 12:02pm On May 27, 2022
So I was in need of a 4k android TV and after searching here in Kaduna and didn't like the prices and make, I thought I could save 15-30k buying online and Acunon seem to have some of the cheapest. I thought I should share my experience as a guide to others to make informed decision.

So I saw diff 43inch 4k and I settled for a Toshiba. We agreed on 130k and I immediately sent the money. He went and sent the TV. Took like 3days then I was called. Was excited to go pick up, paid the company ford tp and took the Tv. The TV was well wrapped but as I got home and finished the unwrapping, all my joy turned to sadness. I saw a dent and as I checked further, it was a massive crack across the screen. Still hoping, I plugged it and my fears were 100% confirmed. I immediately called Acunon and he said I should take it back to the transport company and complain and tell them to bear the cost.

The next day, I returned it and na there argument start. The company person called Abt 3 people who were TV dealers that were there to pick their TVs, they all were saying that there is no how that kind of crack could have happened on transit without the carton/wrapping showing any significant sign of damage. I tried to argue too but one of them tv dealers told me I was jobbed. Said he has been shipping TV and he believes this particular one was shipped like that. I called Acunon and he said I should send it back. The company then shipped it back free.

Days after shipping, I was calling him to go and take the tv. Took like 3days b4 he picked it and told me I had to take another one cos the TV was beyond repair. After going back and forth, I decided I won't go for Toshiba since I was scared that the screen may be replaced with chinko. I was surprised he listed Toshiba same day he picked it and when I asked, he said he had changed the screen and besides, it's not just 1 Toshiba he had. So I went for Hitachi instead. He said I would have to add money. After a little back and forth, I sent him extra 30k. He then shipped the TV and I was able to pick it up in good shape.

My take...
1. I've enjoyed the TV so far (Abt 3months) now. Tv is great and speakers are superb. TV was 7/10 neat.

2. I found out that the model number behind the TV was scratch off so there was no how I could verify whether it was the 2021 TV Acunon claimed.

3. Acunon communicated well. I give him 9.5/10 on communication. I don't know Sha if it's cos I didn't drag much.

4. Can't say if Acunon jobbed me or not. He sent me a video of tv on the wall before he wrapped it but that is nothing cos that can be swapped at anytime b4 shipping.

5. I ended up spending Abt 170k (including TP) for a TV of Abt 150k here in Kaduna. Maybe you should weigh the odds b4 doing this kinda deal. Maybe some insurance I think.

Overall, the online TVs provide some value for money but one must be over careful to really get value.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by Onyeka90210(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2022
Hmmm
It could be the transport company that jobbed you undecided
Just saying.
But Not Gonna lie, it's kinda sus how he took the TV back without holding the transport company.
Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by muyico(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2022
So wot is ur stake?
Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by GogetterMD(m): 2:43pm On May 27, 2022
Those Alaba boys wey be say dem fit job you in your very presence, talk less about a virtual transaction.
Dishonesty is their primary watch word

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by Toma2: 4:47pm On May 27, 2022
@acunon
You attention is needed here
Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 27, 2022
For it to be a massive screen crack and not just a line, I am sure to a great % that it got damaged in transit. One careless fall into a pothole can guarantee that. There was no way in heaven’s name the transport coy would ever agree to liability. It doesn’t make common sense to ship a completely damaged TV to a customer no matter how greedy. He accepted it without much ado goes to show he has started to repent. His asking you to add some cash to get a new one can only be adduced as most reasonable. He took a loss as well for a process(transit) that was somewhat out of his control. Is online purchase for such wares advisable? Cost, pros, cons, the choices are still buyer’s to make.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by acunon: 6:40pm On May 27, 2022
You all don't know what I go through via waybill, just this week a 55" was poked heavily and it affected the packs and foam used to protect it. Most couriers company don't mind what you are carrying, even when they are told it is fragile. They handle it as if is a bag of cement. They don't take responsibility about cracked screens and would show you on there receipt that they don't cover the cost. I and the client takes full cost and they won't accept. That is why I mostly take videos of Screen before it is been packed to show you all what is been sent and is been received. I won't want to swap content for no reason. Most times I do inform clients about the needs of safety packing of Tvs. But it seems wooden crates does the work.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by smith4real1980: 8:30pm On May 27, 2022
Acunon is the one that jobbed him,else he wont take back the tv from him,had a bitter experience with him last year after buying a tv, decided to let sleeping dogs lie cos i didnt want trouble,tank ur stars he atlist changed the tv for you,in my case,he bluntly refused.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by kayperry: 9:00pm On May 27, 2022
@contour0501 you get mind o naa alaba boyz you dey carry do virtual, even in your presence dem fit jobb you, na there way
i had terrible experience with those alaba boyz in my teenage days, na there i learn before you sign reciept shine your eye well n read like 10times, even there task force and police unit no fit make heaven.
Last year i took my parent Tv go repair for alaba, the idiot billed me 20k to replace some component buh na repair e do, return the tv to my parent same fault occured not up to 24hrs .... after one week of going font n back wey i no even see tv again my OG arrrange military connect for me ... naa dat day the tv come out of alaba settled.
i have come to realize peace comes with an higher price, i no dey bother do aroro again

1 Like

Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by Toma2: 9:03pm On May 27, 2022
smith4real1980:
Acunon is the one that jobbed him,else he wont take back the tv from him,had a bitter experience with him last year after buying a tv, decided to let sleeping dogs lie cos i didnt want trouble,tank ur stars he atlist changed the tv for you,in my case,he bluntly refused.
E no go good.. let's your your own side.
Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by Toma2: 9:04pm On May 27, 2022
@acunon, u supposed do video to show the sticker at the back of the tv with details na.
Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by Highorbit7O16: 9:46pm On May 27, 2022
I bought a 50" smart tv from him n it's been great. It came with the remote control and wall mount
Re: My Experience Buying TV On Nairaland (from Acunon) by Nobody: 12:45am On May 28, 2022
smith4real1980:
Bros, ink stains, a dividing line, broken or lost base, bad cosmetic appearance, bad or missing remotes, if these were the issues, then I can comfortably fault him, but a complete broken TV? Haba, cut d guy some slacks na. E sure me pass, it got broken in transit. In my earlier comment, I mentioned that for him to even collect it means he has started to repent because there are also a lot of bad customer reviews about his after service where an issue occurs. Most transit coys don’t treat fragile as fragile.

@acunon, @Toma2 have a perfect solution to these issues, when doing your videos, always include a video/shot of the info sticker at the back clearly showing its model/batch number. So with this, no one can claim you switch TV after doing videos!

(1) (Reply)

Sold!!!U.s Used Hp Elitebook 8460p i5 500gb 10gb Ram #120k / Iphone 12 Mini For Sale / HP Omen Gaming Intel Core i7 8th Gen 8GB Nvidia GTX 1070 Dedicated Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.