Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,125 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader (216 Views)

Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader / Imhandegbelo Louis Joins PDP, Resigns As Obaseki's Special Assistant / Udom Lambasts Senator Akpabio, As PDP Mourns Exit Of Senate Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by dynicks(m): 12:10pm On May 27, 2022
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, has dumped the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Abaribe equally resigned from his position in the national assembly as the Senate Minority Leader.

Recall that he withdrew from the PDP governorship primaries scheduled on Wednesday, citing imaginary delegates list, lack of transparency as reasons for his withdrawal.

However, in a separate letters to the ward chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in the Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia State and the President of the Senate in the National Assembly Abaribe cited reasons of illegality, impunity and hesitations in decision-making for his decision to dump the party.

In a letter titled “Resignation of my membership from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP,” addressed to the party ward Chairman, Abaribe said: , “I write to inform you of my decision to resign as a member of (the) Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“This development is consequent upon the shameful display of illegality, impunity and undemocratic decision of the party and after due consultations with my constituents.”

Resigning as a member of the party in the upper chamber of the national assembly and the minority leader in the senate addressed to the President of the Senate, Senator Lawan Ahmed, Abaribe in a letter titled, “Notification of Resignation from the Membership of the Peoples Democratic Party in the Senate,” said: “This is to notify you and my dear colleagues in the Senate that I have formally resigned my membership of the Peoples Democratic Party through my ward. This also means my resignation as (the) Minority Leader of the Senate.”

“I wish to thank you and my dear colleagues in the Leadership of the Senate for the warm camaraderie we enjoyed while I was Minority Leader.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/05/breaking-abaribe-dumps-pdp-resigns-as-senate-minority-leader/

Re: Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by dynicks(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2022
Omo ....like whataguan!!....

political packages wey this week carry come get as e be ooo!!....

Men(Especially of the igbo tribe)just dey resign on their own accord!.....like what's happening?.....what's it they are seeing or they've seen that the rest of the people haven't seen?

Re: Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Painintheass221: 12:11pm On May 27, 2022
PDP dey collect wotowoto

The guy above me is a spider. How dare you deny me ftc
Re: Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by colorsofrainbow: 12:11pm On May 27, 2022
Where are they all heading?
Re: Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by dedonfranco(m): 12:12pm On May 27, 2022
No presidential Aspirants can successfully conduct a millionmatch across the nation without spending a fortune.

We did it for Free......For Peter Obi

PDP na Fool.
Re: Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by OBALOLA55(m): 12:14pm On May 27, 2022
colorsofrainbow:
Where are they all heading?
NNPP cool
Re: Breaking: Abaribe Dumps PDP, Resigns As Senate Minority Leader by Mynd44: 12:21pm On May 27, 2022

(1)

The Leadership Of All Progressives Congress (apex Leaders ) In Amuwo Odofin LGA / Atiku Clinch PDP Presidential Ticket / NRM Presidential Aspirant Release Official Campaign Photos Ahead Of 2023 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.