Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,998 members, 7,810,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President (46705 Views)

Former NBA Chairman, Olumide Akpata Joins Labour Party (Pix) / Babachir Lawal Joins Labour Party Campaign Train For Plateau State Rally / John Okafor: Mr. Ibu Joins Labour Party, Supports Peter Obi (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by kafeii123: 9:59pm On May 27, 2022
Labor party give him easier ride in yes of.internal politricks...so I don't blame him...this because the truth is that he cannot play the type of politics that the bigwigs are used to.... Should he decide to wait till say 2027
...there's no assurance they'll still not want to play the same tricks...if he lows Atiku ride in upon his popularity...Tinubu and Osibanjo's current quagmires are enough lesson for any southerner who thinks they can trust a northerner's agreement

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Arysexy(m): 10:21pm On May 27, 2022
[s]
Sweetplum:

Level pass level.
SDP is AD. AD is AC. ACN is APC. You see it's a pity a young girl like me is lecturing you.
But that's your destiny.
It's a different ball game for somebody that jumped into APGA & said he ll never be a PDP but ran to PDP. And deserted PDP cos hlofbhis miscalculations and was heading to NNPP but those ones ll only give him vice. Only to turn back and enter LP cos he sha wan contest as presidential flag bearer. He sha wan mark register say me too contest as if it's school SUG President. Anyways, Tinubu is your next president. Be ready to sweep Bourdillon.
[/s]

You don't deserve my attention
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Ajalekoko76(m): 10:21pm On May 27, 2022
APGA should give him platform to contest. APGA is far better than LP, Obi could use his influence to detribalised APGA and woo other regions. He has short-changed South - East in the quest for presidency.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by jagtinic: 10:27pm On May 27, 2022
There is no comparison here. Apart from social media, Peter Obi is not so well known in the real world. If Peter Obi gets 1m votes it will be a big one.

alsudan:
Brave move to test his popularity. Thats how Nigerians knew Buhari had 12 million votes in every election, because he followed same root. Today he’s President.

The Biggest losers here will be PDP, as any vote for PO is a minus for them and a plus for APC.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by saintadeola: 10:27pm On May 27, 2022
Foolishness, if he emerge under pdp, he still have chance
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 10:30pm On May 27, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
I can't vote for him because I don't want Nigeria to be better

You are really a very wicked man grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by cardoctor(m): 11:25pm On May 27, 2022
savcy:
He knows he can't win the election on the platform of LP. If I were him, I'd retreat, reflect and think about ways I'd take advantage of the exposure and support I've garnered and mount a credible 'assault' come 2027. Like it or not, the man Peter Obi is already a household name, and it'll only get better from here. But, as far 2023 goes, he's done.

Who told you that
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by casualobserver: 11:35pm On May 27, 2022
erwinschro:

You are setting the HIGHEST benchmark for this man when we are governed by literal, actual, criminals?

From my knowledge of politics, full manifesto's come AFTER candidates have secured the tickets which Peter Obi only did a matter of HOURS ago. Please do not try to use these epistle's to bully people. You are well informed but you clearly don't know all and you have not watched all of Peter Obi's speeches. He has said over and over again how we can take the Bangladeshi and vietnamese models of exporting clothes! We have the skillset and women are always the biggest beneficiaries! Both of those countries earn more exporting clothes than we do oil!

BTW please watch peter Obi on Channels tv today with an open mind despite the fact that you are avid fans. peter Obi said he "wants to move Nigeria from consumption to production and exports". Seun finally asked him how? as if Seun read my posts.....please watch... the man just waffled and waffled but he never answered the question just like the guy earlier I was in discussion with , he just kept reeling more diversionary stats but failed to answer the question and you know Seun Okunbaloye is an intellectual lightweight so he got away with it. Please watch the interview and you will see what i have been saying. Obi bamboozles the uninformed with stats the real question is how?...the man evaded and failed to answer and instead quoted more stats but failed to answer the question....how?

I am convinced Obi is a trader who made money as a trader largely because he had exclusive license for certain key products and later went to a few business schools got bamboozled by the exposure and stats that any international 1st degree economics student knows and is using that to bamboozle ignorant Nigerians sounding like some saviour but he has no solution. He is not a man who will steal public funds but other than that e he has nothing to offer.

watch the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BkPlFndswM

Seun asked him how around the 20min watch and see what i am saying about Obi. after trying to sound intelligent by saying we only export $30b, Seun asks him how will he improve exports, the man says he will invest in health and education to improve exports?? Yepa!! I hope you are all seeing, no mention of power, infrastructure, roads, bureaucracy bottle necks ans efficiencies etc etc etc and then he stats to reel more irrelevant stats nobosy asked him that have nothing to do with the question he was asked.

you also hear him say earlier he left $500m. you state lacks infrastructure and you are leaving $500m for who? you didnt see infrastructure projects to invest in? dont confuse an stingy man with a prudent man. Obi is stingy not prudent. There is laos a part where he pretends he didnt know what Wike said about his integrity and then later he is the one even telling Seun about Wike's interview!!

I have told you people this man is a charlatan!!
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 27, 2022
Arysexy:
[s][/s]

You don't deserve my attention
Neither so you deserve mine.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by amuwo1980: 1:10am On May 28, 2022
savcy:
He knows he can't win the election on the platform of LP. If I were him, I'd retreat, reflect and think about ways I'd take advantage of the exposure and support I've garnered and mount a credible 'assault' come 2027. Like it or not, the man Peter Obi is already a household name, and it'll only get better from here. But, as far 2023 goes, he's done.
That’s what I tot he was going to do but he ran to labor party , Nigerian politician are from same tree
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by amuwo1980: 1:12am On May 28, 2022
casualobserver:

BTW please watch peter Obi on Channels tv today with an open mind despite the fact that you are avid fans. peter Obi said he "wants to move Nigeria from consumption to production and exports". Seun finally asked him how? as if Seun read my posts.....please watch... the man just waffled and waffled but he never answered the question just like the guy earlier I was in discussion with , he just kept reeling more diversionary stats but failed to answer the question and you know Seun Okunbaloye is an intellectual lightweight so he got away with it. Please watch the interview and you will see what i have been saying. Obi bamboozles the uninformed with stats the real question is how?...the man evaded and failed to answer and instead quoted more stats but failed to answer the question....how?

I am convinced Obi is a trader who made money as a trader largely because he had exclusive license for certain key products and later went to a few business schools got bamboozled by the exposure and stats that any international 1st degree economics student knows and is using that to bamboozle ignorant Nigerians sounding like some saviour but he has no solution. He is not a man who will steal public funds but other than that e he has nothing to offer.

watch the video:

Seun asked him how around the 20min watch and see what i am saying about Obi. after trying to sound intelligent by saying we only export $30b, Seun asks him how will he improve exports, the man says he will invest in health and education to improve exports?? Yepa!! I hope you are all seeing, no mention of power, infrastructure, roads, bureaucracy bottle necks ans efficiencies etc etc etc and then he stats to reel more irrelevant stats nobosy asked him that have nothing to do with the question he was asked.

you also hear him say earlier he left $500m. you state lacks infrastructure and you are leaving $500m for who? you didnt see infrastructure projects to invest in? dont confuse an stingy man with a prudent man. Obi is stingy not prudent. There is laos a part where he pretends he didnt know what Wike said about his integrity and then later he is the one even telling Seun about Wike's interview!!

Truly a mere casual observer if that’s all u saw

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Bayyajidda(m): 3:02am On May 28, 2022
Eastlink:
Obi has no business in politics. Labour party of all party! Like is this real or a dream. What stops this man from returning to APGA like Abaribe and Ekweremadu?

Rather than join APGA where he has the network and grow the party to win the South-East and grow nationally na Labour party him land. Thank God for PDP shenanigans that exposed his political nativity.

Ndigbo beware. Don't waste your votes on this man. For the next 20 years those following Obi will continue dancing in the wilderness.
The joke is on you.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by erwinschro: 4:03am On May 28, 2022
casualobserver:

watch the video:

People like you don't vote lmao. You are still waiting for Tafawa Balewa or Awo or Sardauna to save you. I am going to build a monstrosity of a structure for LP in my wards. Take this as my final response, congratulations on wasting few minutes of my life smiley
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Foreigna2: 7:31am On May 28, 2022
gsmphoneseller:
Yoruba's were actually expecting Perter obi to move to apga but were disappointed.

All Igbo's in any part of the world should align and build peter obis platform.

Leave Yoruba's to keep hating , they're sons of anarchy the one rejected and thrown out of heaven.

Instead of Yoruba rolling Nigeria again, we shall turn it to Afghanistan.

Turn your East to Afghanistan, we will supply you with petrol and matches to burn it down.

Try nonsense in the West, we will locate your investments and turn them to Afghanistan.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by casualobserver: 7:58am On May 28, 2022
erwinschro:

People like you don't vote lmao. You are still waiting for Tafawa Balewa or Awo or Sardauna to save you. I am going to build a monstrosity of a structure for LP in my wards. Take this as my final response, congratulations on wasting few minutes of my life smiley

There is effort for sake of being busy and the is effort for sake of having a desired effect. Voting for a mediocre candidate simply because the others are equally mediocre is merely effort for effort sake, it does not produce the desired result. It is like people constantly changing lanes in a traffic jam, you can think you are doing something but ultimately you are stuck in traffic and you will not go anywhere until the traffic eases. Have you changed lanes only to find the car behind you in lane you left is now ahead of you? Or how many times has the traffic been made worse by accidents caused by impatient people trying to change lanes? That is exactly the product and result of your mindset. This is how we ended up with Buhari.

Let me remind Nigerians that everything Awo did in the western region was achieved in 5 years! That’s vision, that’s leadership, that’s having a plan. You can argue that Obi is in your opinion the best of a bad bunch, I won’t agree or disagree with you, there isn’t much of a standard or metric but do t come here telling enlightened people Obi is brilliant, is a visionary, has a Brilliant master plan or is the savior ….he doesn’t and he is not!!!! Only unenlightened unexposed impoverished ignoramuses buy into his Rhetoric!!!!

That fact that there is no savior or visionary on the scene does not mean you should insult your education and call a charlatan a visionary and a savior. The fact that Jesus has not come does not mean you should replace Jesus and call your pastor Christ the son of God.

Whether you vote for a mediocre candidate and I stay at home we will both enjoy poor leadership until a true visionary leader arrives so for a man talking about wasting minutes of his life you will be wasting more voting for Peter Obi. Firstly because he won’t win and secondly because even if he did, his govt will be more of the same mediocrity and I who stayed at home will be no worse off for refusing to vote for mediocre candidates.

Tell me you are voting for Obi because it is time the SE produced the president, for equity, for peace and national cohesion and he is the best Ibo candidate of the Ibo politicians on the scene and I will not disagree with you, I will respect your reason, your thought process and you as a person for being able to give a valid reason for your actions. But don’t come here telling me he is the savior of the economy, has some grand vision or plan or can deliver Nigeria to the promised land because all that does is portray you are an intellectual lightweight and a man who cannot reason properly !!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Mrexcell(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2022
What about kwankwanso who defected to the nnpp and muhammad hayaden who just withdrawn from the presidential race will u also call them cowards? Calling a man who fought gallantly for yrs with an unknown apga to reclaim his stolen mandate from ngige pdp something that has never been done by any nigerian politician at that time is very idiotic.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Offpoint1: 9:23am On May 28, 2022
successmatters:
How can I join Labour Party immediately?

Someone should please design me some Peter Obi logos, I will print and floor 3 local government areas near to me.
Hi, please if you're serious about this... I can design and print them at an affordable price.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by orion7: 9:43am On May 28, 2022
IPIGSONMETH:
Pandora coward Obi don run go Labor party. grin grin grin
thifnubu will soon decamp too.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by RealEzee(m): 9:56am On May 28, 2022
PDP I've seen for 16 years

APC I've seen for 8 yiias

LP I wanna see for the next 4 years

I wanna try something new jor

Peter Obi I dey feel u sir

PDP don jonz,now votes Don split ticket Don cut

Omo am reppin LP!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by AlphaTaikun: 11:41am On May 28, 2022
raumdeuter:
APGA to PDP to Labor soon to ADC

When a beautiful bride jumps from one husband house to another to another she will soon be a prostitute - Shehu Shagari to Nnamdi Azikiwe 1979

https://www.nairaland.com/5864748/what-shagari-said-zik-agree
grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by zoedew: 11:58am On May 28, 2022
oshozondii:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1530217754166722565?t=Ntm4ijopz_BVH_WGuhXS7Q&s=19
Futile effort! There is fire in your house and you are bragging about your ability to fix the broken gate of the neighbour three blocks away!! All politics is local. The South East has not positioned itself well for the Presidency.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by zoedew: 12:05pm On May 28, 2022
ifytrik:
I see president goodluck ebele Jonathan of APC coming first in the upcoming presidential election
Bola Ahmed tinubu of SDC came second
Atiku abubakar of PDP came third
Peter Obi of labour party fourth
This I have seen grin
Nigeria will then risk having Atiku as President! Atiku gave Baba Nwabueze a shoulder to cry on while Igbo elders smiled broadly unknown to them how pitiable a sight they were! It was a terrible political miscalculation to play the victim card. Nnamdi Azikiwe took the Igbo that same route close to a century now yet the door to political power in Nigeria remains shut against them! The Fulani are not known to take decision based on sentimental reasons. They are nomadic and itinerant folks whose loyalty is largely to their cattle and themselves and not a location or another people group.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by 1880da: 3:06pm On May 28, 2022
[s]
TheNiceGuy:
Obi supporters are now confused
[/s]
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Emmmy360(m): 9:57pm On May 29, 2022
obilokechukwu:
definite tinubu will win 2023 general election even the pry election becos the man is wise man that already cooked his food down. Most of the igbos political leaders are not wiser like tinubu. My advice to igbos political leaders is to chenel they mind to get biafran not to go round poltic without any profit. Nigeria is tribalism nation. Igbos nigeria president will not favour u till jesus christ come. Reason like nanndi kanu.
Nice but I no be Igbo my business be say I just want Nigeria to be better I no dey tribalistic sha I be very neutral person anybody wey go better the country I go vote but as for me na this man be the best I don see so far
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by obilokechukwu(m): 12:03am On May 31, 2022
Emmmy360:

Nice but I no be Igbo my business be say I just want Nigeria to be better I no dey tribalistic sha I be very neutral person anybody wey go better the country I go vote but as for me na this man be the best I don see so far
tinubu has all it take to better nigeria. This man has make lagos to be in good shape and still improving lagosian with his boys. Abeg the man go win this coming general election and pry election. Igbos no wise terms uniting and brothly love. Make GOD ALMIGHT help them to get sense of belongs, uniting and brothly love.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by obilokechukwu(m): 12:13am On May 31, 2022
Tinubu go win pry election and 2023 general election for the betterment nigerians as it is in lagos. Peter obi will not get one vote becos the igbo man do not have the knowledge like tinubu and not only that the igbos are not united and brothly love.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Emmmy360(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2022
obilokechukwu:
tinubu has all it take to better nigeria. This man has make lagos to be in good shape and still improving lagosian with his boys. Abeg the man go win this coming general election and pry election. Igbos no wise terms uniting and brothly love. Make GOD ALMIGHT help them to get sense of belongs, uniting and brothly love.

What has he done for Lagos exactly
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by obilokechukwu(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
Emmmy360:

What has he done for Lagos exactly
to u how is lagos now? when it was before.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Emmmy360(m): 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
obilokechukwu:
to u how is lagos now? when it was before.
This is not an answer so u are supporting somebody u know nothing about just because he is from Lagos the man has done absolutely nothing in Lagos than embezzlement open ur eyes to the reality
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by obilokechukwu(m): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
Emmmy360:

This is not an answer so u are supporting somebody u know nothing about just because he is from Lagos the man has done absolutely nothing in Lagos than embezzlement open ur eyes to the reality
is like u are not in lagos when tinibu is the lagos state govt. Firstly this man make use of our money to provided free education to people, job, housing,construction road and others.
Re: Peter Obi Joins Labour Party, To Contest For President by Emmmy360(m): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2022
obilokechukwu:
is like u are not in lagos when tinibu is the lagos state govt. Firstly this man make use of our money to provided free education to people, job, housing,construction road and others.
how far the Tinubu and Lagos now, Bro Lagos is one of the worse place to live in Nigeria, Lagos was better before he came into power, Tinubu did not make Lagos from my own point of view he has done nothing in the state rather he is stealing all the money and make himself powerful and some lagosian are so blind that they can’t see it. He is better as a kingmaker in Lagos and some Yoruba state not as a president, and I live in Lagos so I know what I am saying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

MNJTF Members Pose With Body Of Boko Haram Commander After Being Killed. Graphic / FCT, Lagos, Ogun Communities Ignore Lockdown Order / Peter Obi Visits CEO of Innoson Motors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.