Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria (44171 Views)

Nigeria Is The First African Country To Use Elon Musk's Starlink / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by subcbouy: 8:58am On May 28, 2022
mmsen:

Why do you use airtel anyway?
Which one of them is good?
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by awulio(f): 8:58am On May 28, 2022
You do realize that prices change based on country. Heck even mtn doesn't use the same price in nigeria smand south africa. 2 years ago elon musk said he would probably charge $20 in africa.... the prices outside africa will not be used inside africa

Froshloaded:

It will be too expensive for average Nigerians..

Monthly sub of $100 that's about 61k, and one time payment of $500..

My Naija peeps will pass

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by castrokins(m): 9:00am On May 28, 2022
Now, There's A Companion For My Samsung Smart TV

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 9:00am On May 28, 2022
Deicide:
Glo 1TB is 100k

Even airtell 1TB is 100k.

It lasts for a year for me even with my wife watching Netflix everyday
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by okonja(m): 9:03am On May 28, 2022
falcon01:
if I'll get unlimited data, no wahala

Unlimited with speed up to STM1 (155Mbps) grin
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03am On May 28, 2022
Froshloaded:

My Naija peeps will pass
Yeah, the equipment cost 500, and monthly subs is about $100, but it's unlimited data usage, but I bet it won't be thet expensive for nigerians

It'll be useful for anyone who spends alot on data monthly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Remman(m): 9:04am On May 28, 2022
Memberclub:
Starlink is a satellite internet constellation operated by SpaceX, providing satellite Internet access coverage to 32 countries where its use has been licensed. It aims for global coverage. Starlink started launching satellites

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1530234643219243009?s=21&t=irCxt24jCzj0hLNxsNHU5g
trouble for mtn, glo, airtel and 9mobile... With their phones you can use starlink for free browsing including video calls! Ormo, Naija wey love free things go rush am.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by okonja(m): 9:05am On May 28, 2022
ZUBY77:

Even airtell 1TB is 100k.

It lasts for a year for me even with my wife watching Netflix everyday

Roughly 83GB per month. E be like say e make sense as we won’t finish up to 50GB in some months.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by redcliff: 9:07am On May 28, 2022
Froshloaded:

My Naija peeps will pass

i thought this does not need the approval of any telecoms org? one time payment of $500 for life you mean? i will jump on such lifetime offer

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Excallibur(m): 9:08am On May 28, 2022
Froshloaded:

My Naija peeps will pass
I think they will have a different plan for Nigerians and Africans in general probably the way Spotify did

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by LegacyB: 9:08am On May 28, 2022
The price and subscription will be in naira . Hence no need for rate conversions. I believe it will come in cheaper , especially when their said target is the rural area which the telcos on ground seek the penetrate too.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by ayukdaboss(m): 9:10am On May 28, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Have you ever heard of variety? Is there any internet service provider that has only one plan?

Na wa for una o, allow them to come in and fix their prices, allow Nigerians to decide whether they can pay or not. Are you aware that people currently pay 50-100k monthly on data?

Na wa o, you think say Nigerians broke? Don’t believe the wailing you see on the internet
Don’t mind them, they feel a lot of Nigerians are just broke and low life’s. There are a lot of people who spend at least 30k per month on data

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Dawn91(m): 9:11am On May 28, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

After downloading some heavy games, data don finish... Besides, you never get the full value of your monies worth with these Nigerian ISP. i

All Nigerian ISPs are criminals forget them this starling is a huge relief

5 Likes

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Dawn91(m): 9:13am On May 28, 2022
PraiseGodNoTime:
And you think you can get your hands on the starlink, think again! You will miss airtel and mtn the day they will quit doing business in your SHITHOLE country!
Are you sure you know what you are saying?

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On May 28, 2022
obyrich:
Can you exhaust 60k data on any of the existing telcos-MTN, Glo, Airtel or 9mobile?
If it’s very fast and reliable I don’t mind. It’s not about the data it’s about the speed! Downloading a 180gb PS5 game on a 2mb/s internet is shiit even if you have 1TB subscription.

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by ZUBY77(m): 9:17am On May 28, 2022
okonja:

Roughly 83GB per month. E be like say e make sense as we won’t finish up to 50GB in some months.

Trust me, it's the best deal and I have been using it since last year.

See below data balance.

One for my house and one for my office.

And both have like 5 devices connected to it but it hardly go down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On May 28, 2022
Froshloaded:

My Naija peeps will pass
Businesses don't use same model everywhere! The market they find themselves determines the price. Demand and supply control price!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by hobyner(m): 9:19am On May 28, 2022
falcon01:
I swr, with 5G. No wahala

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 9:22am On May 28, 2022
Memberclub:
Starlink is a satellite internet constellation operated by SpaceX, providing satellite Internet access coverage to 32 countries where its use has been licensed. It aims for global coverage. Starlink started launching satellites

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1530234643219243009?s=21&t=irCxt24jCzj0hLNxsNHU5g
This one people are saying it's 100$ monthly I hope it's not true because I can't subscribe 2 bags of foreign rice grin on just a data subscription, Elon musk better make it affordable for us at least 5dollars to 10 dollar's plan should be on ground or let's say 1000 naira for 10gb monthly then we will know Elon musk has come to save us from MTN Airtel, glo data milking industry

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On May 28, 2022
Dawn91:

Are you sure you are okay?
No, you're okie!
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Mcslize: 9:24am On May 28, 2022
Froshloaded:

My Naija peeps will pass

Haba na! How on earth do you even think that they will use same payment capacity they use abroad for Africa even though we know the man is from the US.

You should know the buying power of countries differ. They won't use the same payment price abroad for Africa.

Price will be set according to the nominal buying power of the citizens of the country it is launched.

It's a normal common sense something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 9:25am On May 28, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Have you ever heard of variety? Is there any internet service provider that has only one plan?

Na wa for una o, allow them to come in and fix their prices, allow Nigerians to decide whether they can pay or not. Are you aware that people currently pay 50-100k monthly on data?

Na wa o, you think say Nigerians broke? Don’t believe the wailing you see on the internet
Speak for yourself which people pay 50k to 100k on data , am sure those people are not majority of Nigerians okay, just a few business people can spend that much on data coz am aware yearly data subscription and Airtel too is 100k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 9:27am On May 28, 2022
That's good and nice
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2022
Memberclub:
ain’t no one paying that on Glo slow network
Glo Airtel MTN 1TB for a year is 100k

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Mcslize: 9:28am On May 28, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
Is it for free...?

Yes o Omo! Free things no dey purge belle o. Not be only free.
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:28am On May 28, 2022
MartinsD12:

Speak for yourself which people pay 50k to 100k on data , am sure those people are not majority of Nigerians okay, just a few business people can spend that much on data coz am aware yearly data subscription and Airtel too is 100k

Oga depending on the bandwidth you want to pay for. I believe there’s 3mbps, 5, 21mbps etc
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 9:28am On May 28, 2022
Connected1:

Next Time go for 1TB @100k per annum on Airtel.

Well unless you don't like it.
MTN has same data on same price , even glo
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Bigchristo: 9:28am On May 28, 2022
Froshloaded:

My Naija peeps will pass
Thats exaggerations, you can’t compare their mode of operation and prices in Nigeria to the US and other countries

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by saintnegroid(m): 9:29am On May 28, 2022
obyrich:
Can you exhaust 60k data on any of the existing telcos-MTN, Glo, Airtel or 9mobile?
e go shock you say you go finish am within a week... The more data you buy, the more heavy MTN thief will drain it
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Lightorder: 9:30am On May 28, 2022
obyrich:
don’t mind him. As if he can pay. E no get work o. He thinks cheats go work for this one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by Newboss(m): 9:30am On May 28, 2022
falcon01:

We have wey cheaper unlimited data plans in Nigeria.

Don't waste your money.
Re: Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria by MartinsD12(m): 9:31am On May 28, 2022
iLoveYouToo:

Oga depending on the bandwidth you want to pay for. I believe there’s 3mbps, 5, 21mbps etc
Nigerians can't pay 50k to 100k monthly on data except Its for rich people who use it for business, even some hotels don't have free wifi self, 100k data on all network can get you 1TB in a year presently

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cheapest Data Plans For Android, IOS And PC Users In April 2016 / How Much Of A Yearly Salary One Needs To Spend To Afford An iPhone-14-Pro 128GB / The Best Android Devices In Nigeria According To Price Category

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.