Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

What Is SERP And Why Is It Crucial For Your SEO Ranking [find Out] - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is SERP And Why Is It Crucial For Your SEO Ranking [find Out] (316 Views)

Why Is It Crucial To Buy Third-party Insurance Online For A Two-wheeler? / Serp Scout Review Do You Like It / Pound Falls As Lawmakers Challenge May’s Brexit Deal Before Crucial Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is SERP And Why Is It Crucial For Your SEO Ranking [find Out] by Salmakhub2004(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2022
Have you always wanted to know what the term SERP is all about and how it's related to boosting your SEO ranking and website traffic?

In this post, I'll be explaining to you what SERP is all about, its major categories and components and how SERP.works along with search intent.

What is SERP?

SERP refers to the Search Engine Result Page.

Whenever you search on Google via a search term or query (known as a keyword), it displays a collection of results on its SERP.

The SERP results are mostly categorized into:
All (here it shows all relevant results combined).
• Images
• Videos
• News
More which might include Maps, Books, Finance, and so on.

Google shows results not just based on the search query but also based on some other factors like location, search intent, browser history, and even device used.

Here are the major components of the default (All) menu on Google SERP,

• Knowledge Box/Graph:
• Regular Snippets (Organic & Paid)
• Featured Snippets
• Rich Snippets
• Answer Box

What are search intents and how do they affect SERP results?

Search Intent refers to the main reason behind you searching for a specific term on Google.

Let's say you search for a pair of shoes on Google, you can either want to learn how shoes are made, its history…or you just want to check the price and best shoe product to buy, or you are even ready to buy immediately.

Your search intent is what determines the results displayed on the SERP.

Search intent affects the search results shown on the SERP. and can be divided into four:
They are:
1. Informative
2. Commercial
3. Transactional
4. Navigational

In subsequent posts,

I'll be explaining more about SERP components, using snippets to increase your traffic, ranking higher on SERP, and how you can work with search intents.

If you have any questions as regards Digital Marketing and you want clarification, just send a private message. See Bio for Link.

If you want to fast track your Digital Marketing Journey, I have Complete Premium course I'll give you for 100% Free.

To get it today, Check my Signature for Contact Detail now.

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Create A Website In 30days / Using Gold Trading To Earn In Dollars / Paypal Account Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.