Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers (16095 Views)

New Minimum Wage To Take Effect From May 1, 2024 – FG / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by WATCHOVER(m): 10:44am On May 28, 2022
okuta007:

do you have a job? and if you do, is it government work ? If you work as a messenger at Uwelu motor spare parts market, how will Obaseki's minimum wage benefit you? since you do not work or the governement grin

stop attacking like an idiot all the people i contacted most especially pensioners did not receive the new minimum wage. Obaseki just played Edo people
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Angy55(f): 10:46am On May 28, 2022
jowhyte:
It’s true! I am here in Benin city and my wife work in the civil service.

This is even channel tv news that is kinda of anti-obaseki especially during the last elections.

Same with Vanguard that recently gave him the Governor of the year award. Some people where like he bought the award. I was like Obaseki a miser buy an award from Vanguard who at a point was anti-Obaseki.

You can ask anyone working Edo state civil service or pensioners if they have not been receiving their salaries and pensions promptly every month. Even during the peak of Covid-19 when other states where slashing salaries or unable to pay promptly, Obaseki never defaulted either salaries or pension.

He doesn’t joke with workers and pensioners emoluments.

That's nice. He is a silence achiever.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Theobas1: 10:49am On May 28, 2022
I am a civil servant working in one of the ministry in Ẹdo state and I stand to confirm to you all that this information is very accurate.

Every government worker in Ẹdo state right now is very happy with this new development. Our governor has never for once joke with the welfare of the workers since he assumed position as the governor of the state.

Our health has been insured, our pension has been taken care of and our salary is being paid as at when due latest 26th of every month.

What else has he not done? Yet some people especially those that doesn't live in the state and some greedy politicians who want to acquire the treasury of the people of the state to themselves keep dragging his name to the mud because he refuses to succumb to their selfish demands. Anyway God pass all of them.

5 Likes

Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Coronavirus84: 10:57am On May 28, 2022
Obaseki for President

1 Like

Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Osasnice: 11:10am On May 28, 2022
It's 100% accurate. I am an EDSG staff

Yves4real:
I'd like someone from Edo state to confirm this because I don't believe anything Nigerian politicians say.

Besides, this thread may remain here since it is not bad news about the governor. If it was something bad, it would have made the front page hours ago.

Modified:
I don't know why some of you are attacking me because I said that I don't believe anything that Nigerian politicians say. It's fine if you trust them. But I am also entitled to my opinion.
All those of you that are attacking me because of allegiance to Nigerian politicians should be calming down.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Help2020: 11:10am On May 28, 2022
gaddafe:

I told my father to shut up if he has nothing to say. Can you tell us what this government has done? I've been hearing of his wonderful plans since the beginning of his tenure, however none of it seems to come to pass. Throughout the dry season our roads were unattended to. Now that the rain is here you see contractors everywhere constructing roads in the rainy season. I stay in Benin. The roads are a write off just as the governor and this administration is a total write-off

Fixed
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by RexTramadol1: 11:11am On May 28, 2022
Sanwo still dey 29k
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Osasnice: 11:15am On May 28, 2022
Please when was the last time you checked?

Most probably 8 years ago

infinitemiles:
Come to think of it, how many persons are under the EdoState government payroll. the last time i checked, many workers have retired and no new employment. Thats why Obaseki increased the minimum wage of the few workers in his State.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Theone123: 11:24am On May 28, 2022
PrincessofDSS:

Sorry if I’m being too inquisitive, are you a beneficiary or do you know anyone that got paid?

Lol I'm a research officer here at the ministry.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Osasnice: 11:25am On May 28, 2022
Please stop saying what you don't know

Are you an Edo State Government Staff that you will know everything??

People who are Edo State Government Staff and beneficiaries (of which I am too) are telling you what's up and you are still in denial

gaddafe:

You are very free to say any nonsense online. If he is paying the money, I would be aware as I'm not residing in the moon. I stay here in Benin. That was was how he made so many promises when campaigning. I remember those Ogbe stadium workers standing on his defence on several occasion. Their reason was that he pays salary on time. Only for him to return for second term and fire the entire workers. I couldn't help laughing at their foolishness. They were lucky the government backed down from that decision.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by blowjohn(m): 12:42pm On May 28, 2022
Eroj:
fool like u.

Idiot
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Spaxon(f): 12:53pm On May 28, 2022
wiseone28:
PDP supporters will come for ya head.

Especially the Pdp is a religion in Akwa ibom crew

I'm from akwaibom and I'm ready for them cheesy
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by HRMK: 12:55pm On May 28, 2022
tonididdy:

Lol it's not cool to say this because it's everything he's against BUT
Obaseki is the new godfather of Edo state.
He doesn't need to campaign much, whatever candidate he presents possibly shaiubu his deputy, is who will become next EDSG
SHAIBU IS ONE OF THE OLD MEMBERS OF APC!THE OLD MEMBERS IN PDP WONT GIVE HIM FREE HAND TO INSTALL SHAIBU!UNLESS HE IS READY TO BARGAIN!HE MUST BE READY TO CONCEDE THE DEPUTY POST TO THEM(ORIGINAL PDP MEMBERS)
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Spaxon(f): 12:55pm On May 28, 2022
saintkeppy:

The so called Father's of Faith have destroyed my beloved state.

And Udom is very ungrateful.
Imagine Glory Edet winning House Of Reps.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by saintkeppy(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2022
Spaxon:

The so called Father's of Faith have destroyed my beloved state.

And Udom is very ungrateful.
Imagine Glory Edet winning House Of Reps.

Yeah ahead of this young man, Iraq, &the incumbent FHoRep member, Hon. Ukpong-udo, who the state PDP denied him to be cleared, but got cleared in Abuja together with Ephraim Inyang& the other two men from Eket who were all running for FHoR.
The whole process was very undemocratic & with so much impunity.

Glory Edet is part of the cabals benefitting from the state government, even if she is not longer a Commissioner, she is still OK.

Watch out for a third force in the state that will bury both PDP&APC together. It's not longer gonna be a party thing again but all about who you want as your Governor etc.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by jowhyte(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2022
Well said bro. You can’t compare the federal allocation and excess crude accounts funds people like Oshiomole and other governors didn’t allow GEJ administration to save with this time where every state are now feeling the impact of paucity of funds from the center.

It’s good economic management for state to be able to pay salaries, service loans and also embark on capital projects. There was more money from oil rains then unlike now.

Daum:

Oshiomole had a larger financial chest
Borrowed heavily and left the state in debt.
Obaseki can't borrow much because most of the money he helped his boss borrowed went into private pocket. So he is just managing what he has. I believe if he had been in Ohio shoes, he would have fared better than him. This guy doesn't like noise at all.

2 Likes

Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by naijaman2225(m): 1:39pm On May 28, 2022
infinitemiles:
Come to think of it, how many persons are under the EdoState government payroll. the last time i checked, many workers have retired and no new employment. Thats why Obaseki increased the minimum wage of the few workers in his State.
WHAT MATTERS IS THAT HE IS PAYING PENSIONERS WHO RETIRED AND STILL PAYING THOSE IN SERVICE EVEN IF THE LATTER IS SMALL BY YOUR ESTIMATE. SO GIVE THE MAN HIS DUE, AT LEAST, ON THIS ISSUE.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by naijaman2225(m): 1:49pm On May 28, 2022
HRMK:
ANOTHER STRATEGY OF BUYING CIVIL SERVANTS VOTES!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT. THAT STRATEGY IS MORE ETHICAL THAN THAT OF A GOVERNOR'S WIFE DISTRIBUTING N1 MILLION TO AIDES IN A STATE WHERE THE GOVERNOR DOESN'T PAY SALARIES.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by naijaman2225(m): 2:01pm On May 28, 2022
limeta:

They are talking of Edo state not Ogun state dear.
LMAO �����
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by naijaman2225(m): 2:08pm On May 28, 2022
AutoRedux:
So for their mind dey don do something wey dey commendable. Mumu people.
D PEOPLE NOR MUMU. THERE ARE LOTS OF STATES IN NIGERIA WHERE THEIR (MIS) LEADERS ARE BUSY DOING NOTHING AND YET PEOPLE ARE STILL SINGING THEIR PRAISES. SO NOTHING WRONG IN PRAISING THOSE WHO DID SOMETHING.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by TheOgaBoss: 2:08pm On May 28, 2022
Falcao789:
is a lie am in edo state , obaseki did not pay any new minimum wage
people who work in the civil service are confirming it, u wey nor geh work dey talk.

1 Like

Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by ufuosman(m): 2:22pm On May 28, 2022
Good one

1 Like

Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Aguilar(m): 3:18pm On May 28, 2022
They could do more than that
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:27pm On May 28, 2022
undecided
1880dayo:
[s][/s]
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by jimakeabi: 6:41pm On May 28, 2022
Same here in OYO state, our able governor Seyi MAKINDE too, don't joke worker's salaries
oz4real83:
One thing Obaseki doesn't joke with since he became Governor is workers' salaries. I don't know much about the N40,000 new minimum wage payment but his antecedents with respect to salary payments will make me believe that he has implemented it.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by Truvelisback(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2022
He should also do something abt Edo State Roads. Their Roads are too bad. Motorists are suffering.
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by HRMK: 8:52pm On May 28, 2022
naijaman2225:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT. THAT STRATEGY IS MORE ETHICAL THAN THAT OF A GOVERNOR'S WIFE DISTRIBUTING N1 MILLION TO AIDES IN A STATE WHERE THE GOVERNOR DOESN'T PAY SALARIES.
LET ME KNOW HER NAME AND STATE IF YOU ARE SO SURE OF IT!
Re: Edo State Pays ₦40,000 Minimum Wage To Workers by AutoRedux: 2:49am On May 29, 2022
naijaman2225:

D PEOPLE NOR MUMU. THERE ARE LOTS OF STATES IN NIGERIA WHERE THEIR (MIS) LEADERS ARE BUSY DOING NOTHING AND YET PEOPLE ARE STILL SINGING THEIR PRAISES. SO NOTHING WRONG IN PRAISING THOSE WHO DID SOMETHING.

Guy politicians dey get up to 13million per month and here they are celebrating 40k being paid to masses undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Iyiola Omisore Insulted Bola Ige Before Killing Him / Why Boko Haram Deserves Amnesty — Presidency / Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.