Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election (5346 Views)

Buhari Meets With Benue Governor-elect, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (photos) / Profile Of Hyacinth Alia, Benue Governor-Elect / Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by EmeraldJD: 7:13am On May 28, 2022
Naajjii:
Now Rev Father is coming to contest we Muslims we don't care and we don't cry of any christinalization or Christians this Christians thatwhatever because we know we are confident, we know we are strong ,we know we are not insecure. NSCIA, Sultan leader of Muslims don't even care. If it is the other way round ,an Imam contesting you will see them insure people coming out to attack Muslims.
Stop trying to create unecessary tension. Nothing or nobody can stop an Iman from contesting in Sokoto or Zamfara or Kano or any core northern state and nobody will complain, after all they have shari'a law over there and we ain't complaining because it doesn't affect us. Benue on the other hand is 99.99 percent christians so it's also proper as far as the people wants him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by saintokwuluora(m): 7:15am On May 28, 2022
HitRun:

Do you even understand what that suspension mean?
Teacher teach me but no teach me nonsense because school fees no involve.
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by tellmoon(m): 7:31am On May 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:
Reminds me of Rev Moses Adasu who won the Benue governorship election in 1992 under SDP. The Bishop who suspended this priest might end up answering him Sir and addressing him as His Excellency while begging for financial support for his diocese. You tell us when the righteous is on the throne, the people rejoice, yet you are persecuting the righteous for going for the throne...
The Bishop only followed the CAnon law. No persecution, No hating...
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Ebubu3: 7:33am On May 28, 2022
vicdom:

Just like in the east, Catholics constitute to the clear majority of their population and they behave like cult groups. My friend, a rev from gboko dioceses was telling me a few days ago that the suspension of Alia by the bishop was just to save face. My elder brother was given APGA ticket for house of assembly for free, he didn't even spend a dime nor even campaigned, simply because he passed through seminary school and he's friend to majority of Rev fathers in Anambra.

Is like most of benue are Christians and Catholic ?
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Ebubu3: 7:34am On May 28, 2022
EmeraldJD:
Stop trying to create unecessary tension. Nothing or nobody can stop an Iman from contesting in Sokoto or Zamfara or Kano or any core northern state and nobody will complain, after all they have shari'a law over there and we ain't complaining because it doesn't affect us. Benue on the other hand is 99.99 percent christians so it's also proper as far as the people wants him.

Benue 99% christians ?
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by ObosiUkwalla: 7:35am On May 28, 2022
vicdom:

Just like in the east, Catholics constitute to the clear majority of their population and they behave like cult groups. My friend, a rev from gboko dioceses was telling me a few days ago that the suspension of Alia by the bishop was just to save face. My elder brother was given APGA ticket for house of assembly for free, he didn't even spend a dime nor even campaigned, simply because he passed through seminary school and he's friend to majority of Rev fathers in Anambra.

You are talking to babies abi?? Why not tell us the state constituency where APGA gave ur elder brother free ticket because he is ojukwu's son
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by vicdom(m): 7:36am On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:

Yes, Catholics alone contribute to over 55% of their population, let alone other christian faith. In all, christians is about 80 - 85% of their population.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Ebubu3: 7:41am On May 28, 2022
vicdom:

Yes, Catholics alone contribute to over 55% of their population, let alone other christian faith. In all, christians is about 80 - 85% of their population.
that’s nice. But why is the misconception that benue is a muslim state still strong in my mind and mind of many people.
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by vicdom(m): 7:48am On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:
that’s nice. But why is the misconception that benue is a muslim state still strong in my mind and mind of many people.
You are funny!! Benue a Muslim state?? Are you being serious right now?? how come they always have christians as both gov and deputy, speaker, chief of staff, SSG and other positions, including all the Three senators and all the house of reps? Or don't you know how Muslims like to dominate political positions anywhere they are seemingly majority.
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by SarkinYarki: 7:50am On May 28, 2022
vicdom:
Catholics behave like cult groups. They all will rally round Alia, and it will be done. They constitute to the majority of their population. PDP will be chased out come 2023. Watch and see!!

I dey tell you
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by ogbuefi677(m): 8:00am On May 28, 2022
vicdom:

You claim to be a Catholic but talk like you're not one.
What do you mean by "the suspension of Alia by the bishop was just to save face"?
You simply cannot function as a priest and politician d same time,the ministers who were required to resign is for same reason.
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by ogbuefi677(m): 8:02am On May 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:
Reminds me of Rev Moses Adasu who won the Benue governorship election in 1992 under SDP. The Bishop who suspended this priest might end up answering him Sir and addressing him as His Excellency while begging for financial support for his diocese. You tell us when the righteous is on the throne, the people rejoice, yet you are persecuting the righteous for going for the throne...
He was not suspended as punishment or out of anger.
It is d rule.
U can't serve 2 masters same time,that y ministers are also required to resign

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Corporate2020: 8:03am On May 28, 2022
vicdom:
Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Suspended by Catholic Church for Political Involvement Wins Benue State APC Governorship Primaries

Credit: IgbereTV

Yes, just like Rev Fr Moses Adasu. Benue is a state of pulpit looters
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Corporate2020: 8:04am On May 28, 2022
vicdom:
Catholics behave like cult groups. They all will rally round Alia, and it will be done. They constitute to the majority of their population. PDP will be chased out come 2023. Watch and see!!

Yet, sex, fornication, adultery, HIV, AIDS are everywhere in Benue. Who is deceiving who?
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by ogbuefi677(m): 8:05am On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:

U no know before?
80% or more sef
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Gunayo(m): 8:12am On May 28, 2022
Tk4all:

Are you in benue state?

the election will be a walkover for apc, seen the result of the primaries alone should tell you that the man is love by all. even the pdp members(me included) will vote for him cos the Uba that the pdp is presenting is totally unacceptable to the masses.
l hear you. He go shock you last last
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Dyke15(m): 8:18am On May 28, 2022
Naajjii:
Now Rev Father is coming to contest we Muslims we don't care and we don't cry of any christinalization or Christians this Christians thatwhatever because we know we are confident, we know we are strong ,we know we are not insecure. NSCIA, Sultan leader of Muslims don't even care. If it is the other way round ,an Imam contesting you will see them insure people coming out to attack Muslims.
Re u sure u re normal?
Isa Pantami is an Islamic cleric and also d former minister Shittu.
Did christians complain? Huh?
So shut d hell up ND look front undecided

4 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by asogo1: 8:31am On May 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:
The suspension was meant to relieve him of his priestly duties, so he can fully participate in politics. He resumes duty as a priest once he's done serving. You think say catholic church no wetin em dey do? Those guys re too smart. Philosophy and Theology no be anybody mate o

3 Likes

Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:38am On May 28, 2022
saintokwuluora:

The Bishop and all Benue people are massively behind this priest. The Bishop only suspended him because of the laws of the church.

Deep down Bishop Dey back am
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Beremx(f): 8:53am On May 28, 2022
Benue State has the highest number of Catholic priests. They are predominantly Catholics. Another Christian denomination that follows suit is their indigenous church. I can’t remember the name but it has massive followers.
APC is surely winning in Benue

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Naajjii: 9:34am On May 28, 2022
HitRun:

The reason is simple. Christian fanaticism, in this era, does not seek to conquer. Infact, it does not even persecute. At worst, it makes noise and inconvenience you. Muslim fanaticism seeks to conquer and is violent. In addition to the inconvenience it creates for adherence of other faiths.
This reason is that you people are weak and and insecure. Simple cool
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by EmeraldJD: 9:37am On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:

Benue 99% christians ?
Yes
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Naajjii: 9:40am On May 28, 2022
Dyke15:
Re u sure u re normal?
Isa Pantami is an Islamic cleric and also d former minister Shittu.
Did christians complain? Huh?
So shut d hell up ND look front undecided
I can give you thousands of examples where Pantami has been insulted and called names by you Christians especially Igbo people. The records are there, Even CAN president. Sultan do got no time.
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by EmeraldJD: 9:42am On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:
you need to travel out of your state more.
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Naajjii: 9:42am On May 28, 2022
EmeraldJD:
What tension, is Benue state only for Christians? Are most of you people not complaining what people in Kano ,Sokoto, Zamfara do ?
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Naajjii: 9:43am On May 28, 2022
limeta:

Ahh Mr man Iman contest what ?
Do you want people to die for nothing.
grin grin this is one of them. Insecure.
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by PNomsule: 9:46am On May 28, 2022
Naajjii:

Clearly because, as Christians, we are tolerable unlike the other way round. You gerrit...else forger abourit grin
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by EmeraldJD: 9:46am On May 28, 2022
Naajjii:

What tension, is Benue state only for Christians? Are most of you people not complaining what people in Kano ,Sokoto, Zamfara do ?
Unfortunately, yes. Benue don't have a single indigenous Muslim. Most Benue indegen are Catholics, that explains why we have 4 catholic diocese in Benue (Makurdi, Otukpo, Gboko, Katsinala doioces), the rest are Methodists and Pentecostal especially the Idomas and Igedes, then the rest part of Tivs are NKST.
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by Okoroawusa: 9:49am On May 28, 2022
Oksman:

They are predominantly Catholics. And real ones at that.
Aaah! Benue people no dey take Catholic church play. Just like Anambra people
Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by nnofaith: 9:54am On May 28, 2022
Beremx:
Benue State has the highest number of Catholic priests. They are predominantly Catholics. Another Christian denomination that follows suit is their indigenous church. I can’t remember the name but it has massive followers.
APC is surely winning in Benue
NKST Church

1 Like

Re: Rev. Fr Hyacinth Alia Wins APC Governorship Primary Election by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:59am On May 28, 2022
Ebubu3:

98% Christians.

Infact I have never met a Muslim Tiv man most Muslims in Benue are from Idoma areas.

Catholicism and NKST be like cult there.

This Priest got no competition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Takeaways From Osun Judgment In Relation To Presidential Petitions? / Imagine Fuel At N75 Per Litre / Learn From The Arab Uprisings, OBJ To ‘sit-tight Leaders’ In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.