Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

How To Build Moviebg.py/ Software Documentation - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Build Moviebg.py/ Software Documentation (303 Views)

Py Or Jav / Software Documentation (Technical Writing) / Software Documentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Build Moviebg.py/ Software Documentation by CoconutMilk: 12:51pm On May 28, 2022
MovieBG.py is a simple software I made using Python.

Features: It allows to set your desktop background to a your favourite movie. Which is a fair and custom alternative to downloading desktop background themes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xo8dbxwbjup0u7/MovieBG_Installer.exe?dl=0

System Requirements:
Tested only on Windows 10. but should run fine on others with a few tweaks.
200mb hardware space.
1gb RAM

FAQs:
Q. Why did you make it?
A. I wanted to

..loading

Re: How To Build Moviebg.py/ Software Documentation by CoconutMilk: 1:51pm On May 28, 2022
HOW TO USE

1. Run the installer; It best to install it for all users tho.
2. Set how fast the images will change using the mini buttons above.
3. Click on the Big buttons to add a video or Drop a Video preferably .mp4

Re: How To Build Moviebg.py/ Software Documentation by CoconutMilk: 7:29pm On May 29, 2022
How to Build MovieBG.py From Scratch

I kinda assume you have basic understanding of computer terms and how stuffs with computers

1. You need to have Python properly installed and setup on your computer
I use download the python 3.10.2 installer and made sure i ticked add to path while installing.
Checkout this tutorial if you use Windows:
https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html#the-full-installer

2. Create a new folder that will contain all our codes e.g MovieBG_Folder
2.1 Create another folder inside MovieBG_Folder named "backgrounds" and add/copy your favourite picture inside it.
3. Create a python file named "bgchanger.py"; This is main code that will do the background changing job.

i have this on my bgchanger.py

#bgchanger.py --- Job --- #Changes destop backgrounds
#this is a comment by CoconutMilk
import ctypes

image_path = r'C:\Users\HP\Documents\Programming\Python\MovieBG_Folder\backgrounds\ford_shelby_hdr-wallpaper-1280x1024.jpg'
ctypes.windll.user32.SystemParametersInfoW(20, 0, image_path, 0) #change background

This changes my desktop background to 'ford_shelby_hdr-wallpaper-1280x1024.jpg' which is the picture in my backgrounds folder
Nairaland is bad at formatting codes btw so you might need to quote me to see the codes better
Now ctypes allows use to work with external/c libraries and dlls of some sort. The ones above sets a background image in windows
Another example is getting your desktop screen size
import ctypes
screen_size = ctypes.windll.user32.GetSystemMetrics(0), ctypes.windll.user32.GetSystemMetrics(1)
print (screen_size)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of The Prestashop Marketplace Module By Knowband? / Why Your Kids Should Learn Robotics This Summer / A Complete Guide To AI App Development For Business Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.