Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? (385 Views)

What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? / Governor Hope Uzodinma Restores Public Water Supply In Imo / Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by chatinent: 1:21pm On May 28, 2022
I've been to some countries and majority of them have a steady power supply, and even some African countries.

What actually interrupts power supply in Nigeria?
Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by chatinent: 1:21pm On May 28, 2022
Is this in a bid to sell off their fuel generators? Enrich themselves, or what? Why do we keep paying for an epileptic power supply?

1 Like

Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by Sunofgod(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2022
Its not generated in the first place......so it cant be transmitted!

we sell our oil/gas for others to generate electricity.

Even coal is used to generate power in developed countries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by chatinent: 1:27pm On May 28, 2022
Sunofgod:
Its not generated in the first place......so it cant be transmitted!

we sell our oil/gas for others to generate electricity.

Even coal is used to generate power in developed countries.

Oh men, is this the extent to which Nigeria is done?

1 Like

Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by ajekpaks(m): 1:31pm On May 28, 2022
Nepa
Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by illicit(m): 1:32pm On May 28, 2022
Act of God or man
Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by olayinks007(m): 1:33pm On May 28, 2022
Hmmmm I asked myself that same question atimes. I feel there are some evil cabals behind this cause if light dey hw dem go enrich their own pocket u can imagine how many generators dey enter our country. Just crazy man and is this same electricity these old thieves will be using to campaign to some gullible Nigerians again something that is your right to have and is expected of them to provide it when in office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by Sergio104(m): 1:34pm On May 28, 2022
I will like to know too
Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by Mooh247: 1:39pm On May 28, 2022
Very simple, remove Electricity from Exclusive list and let each LGA generate power on their own

4 Likes

Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by Ekejoestar(m): 1:44pm On May 28, 2022
Mooh247:
Very simple, remove Electricity from Exclusive list and let each LGA generate power on their own

God bless you.

The problem is that too much power is concentrated in the hands of the FG and anyone who is the president is always under undue pressure from powers that be due to what they want to gain.

I heard that Atiku is a major importer of a brand generator in the country and the man wields a great influence in the country, now imagine how much more influence he would wield if by mistake(god forbid) he becomes president.

But if electricity generation, transmission and distribution is decentralized and each state is forced to cater for their electric problems, then we will be a step closer to solving a national issue that's almost becoming endemic to the Nigerian name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by orisa37: 2:07pm On May 28, 2022
"Even coal is used to generate power in developed countries".

NIGERIA IS PREPARING TO USE NUCLEAR ENERGY FROM RUSSIA AND US IS ESTABLISHING BIOLOGICAL WEAPON FACTORY AGAINST IT.
Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by PharoahIII: 2:22pm On May 28, 2022
Very simple, Because we generate far less than we need. To put it into perspective, we generate on average 3000MW of electricity each year for a population of nearly 200 million. Whereas in SA (with a population of just under 60 million) more than 55,000 MW of electricity is generated each year. That explains why you have power almost constantly in a country like south africa, cos relative to population,
they generate more than 60 times what is being generated in Nigeria. This means we cannot have power at the same time, they have to share it. When you have light someone else wont have and when you dont have, someone else will have. To those who say power should be removed from d exclusive list ,I laugh in Spanish. How many states in Nigeria can afford to have and run a power plant , is it the same states that cant pay salaries?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 2:30pm On May 28, 2022
PharoahIII:
Very simple, Because we generate far less than we need. To put it into perspective, we generate on average 3000MW of electricity each year for a population of nearly 200 million. Whereas in SA (with a population of just under 60 million) more than 55,000 MW of electricity is generated each year. That explains why you have power almost constantly in a country like south africa, cos relative to population,
they generate more than 60 times what is being generated in Nigeria. This means we cannot have power at the same time, they have to share it. When you have light someone else wont have and when you dont have, someone else will have. To those who say power should be removed from d exclusive list ,I laugh in Spanish. How many states in Nigeria can afford to have and run a power plant , is it the same states that cant pay salaries?

While this might be true, states like these should not drag other states that can pay. My suggest is this, let the national grid operates, however let any state or local government that can generate their own electricity do so. Something similar to GSM network. When nitel operates but licences was given to mtn, glo and airtel. People that can afford private electricity should do so, poor states should get their electricity from the national grid.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 28, 2022
PharoahIII:

Since the power is not free, it will generate it's on running cost.
Re: What Actually Interrupts Power Supply In Nigeria? by christejames(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2022
Well, according to tales which could be the fact itself, NEPA is the only agency of government that regularly employs the youths, and you know how it is in a firm to put your new employees abress with the company's modus operandi...

They take the new employees on orientations about how to ON and OFF the power switch grin grin grin.

Incase of emergency I guess! grin grin

Nigeria will only have stable power supply if NEPA stops their regular employment opportunities grin

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri apologises to Peter Obi / APC Member Petitions Presidential Committee, Seeks Disqualification Of Tinubu / Who Drank It Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.