Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? (886 Views)

Travelers Defeat Zamfara Bandits, Kill One, Retrieve 2 AK-47 Rifles / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Nsiehi: 2:20pm On May 28, 2022
Dear Crimelanders,
I need your help on how to go about retrieving my funds. I was to pay a bill of 17k Naira and told a pos operator to help transfer the money to the receiver's account number. The pos operator thought he heard 70k and transferred this amount. I was surprised to see the 70k when he printed out the transaction receipt.

The receiver acknowledged receiving the money and after that switched off every communication channel. There has been serious trouble as I don't even know the receiver in person, I was only paying for his online services.

Please, I need help on how to resolve this problem. I have the receiver's name and account details.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by God1000(m): 2:22pm On May 28, 2022
This country ehh, the POS operator made a big mistake.

But i don't know why the receiver has gone incommunicado, we have too many depraved and deplorable people in this country.

You should have hurriedly taken the receipt to the receiver's Bank and they will prevent him from withdrawing the money, he will be notified and asked to refund the money within a particular period and if he refuses, they Will give you back

2 Likes

Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by chatinent: 2:27pm On May 28, 2022
Please pay your bills and learn the lessons.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Nsiehi: 2:44pm On May 28, 2022
chatinent:

Ah! bro, but the difference is much, 53k! Humans are wicked.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Nsiehi: 2:49pm On May 28, 2022
God1000:
This country ehh, the POS operator made a big mistake.

But i don't know why the receiver has gone incommunicado, we have too many depraved and deplorable people in this country.

You should have hurriedly taken the receipt to the receiver's Bank and they will prevent him from withdrawing the money, he will be notified and asked to refund the money within a particular period and if he refuses, they Will give you back

The transaction was in the evening and the closest Stanbic IBTC branch here is about 3 hours drive.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Candidlady: 2:59pm On May 28, 2022
chatinent:

You read what he wrote at all undecided
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by chatinent: 3:00pm On May 28, 2022
Candidlady:

You read what he wrote at all undecided

I did.

That's the only way out.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Candidlady: 3:08pm On May 28, 2022
chatinent:

I did.

That's the only way out.

I was to pay a bill of 17k Naira and told a pos operator to help transfer the money to the receiver's account number. The pos operator thought he heard 70k and transferred this amount. I was surprised to see the 70k when he printed out the transaction receipt.

whose fault was it undecided
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 3:33pm On May 28, 2022
Nsiehi:
Dear Crimelanders,
I need your help on how to go about retrieving my funds. I was to pay a bill of 17k Naira and told a pos operator to help transfer the money to the receiver's account number. The pos operator thought he heard 70k and transferred this amount. I was surprised to see the 70k when he printed out the transaction receipt.

The receiver acknowledged receiving the money and after that switched off every communication channel. There has been serious trouble as I don't even know the receiver in person, I was only paying for his online services.

Please, I need help on how to resolve this problem. I have the receiver's name and account details.

Go with the pos operator to report the matter to the recivers bank.

His account will be frozen and he'll be invited to his bank.

He'll be advised to settle with you before it will be resolved.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by YourFavorite21(m): 3:35pm On May 28, 2022
Sorry bro..

Next time shout it, make the POS person hear wetin u talk ,loud & clear, some people dey get ear problem.
Meanwhile go and report this, to his bank.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by chatinent: 3:42pm On May 28, 2022
Candidlady:

I was to pay a bill of 17k Naira and told a pos operator to help transfer the money to the receiver's account number. The pos operator thought he heard 70k and transferred this amount. I was surprised to see the 70k when he printed out the transaction receipt.

whose fault was it undecided

If you ask the POS person what happened, he'll say he heard N70k and the man later claimed he said N17k.

And guess what? People will support him and tell the man to tell his man to resend the money. And what's next? He is saying he doesn't know the person he sent money to in person.

In Lagos, he fit begin chop beating.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by karwa: 4:54pm On May 28, 2022
There is a dearth of honest people in this religious country,stealing is embeded in their blood,report him to his bank,he can't hide for long, if u present evidence to his bank,his account'll be flagged.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by gulfer: 6:19pm On May 28, 2022
You can still report the greedy eediot through the POS agency/bank as well as his bank and his BVN will be blacklisted across all digital financial channels, nobody will teach him to return the money........ cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Nicepoker(m): 6:47pm On May 28, 2022
And the receiver is already thinking how 53k will solve all his or her life's challenges.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Nsiehi: 8:17pm On May 28, 2022
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

Thanks a great deal. I will do this on Monday
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Nsiehi: 10:02pm On May 28, 2022
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

Thanks a great deal, I will do this on Monday
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 9:48am On Jun 02, 2022
Nsiehi:

Thanks a great deal, I will do this on Monday

Youre welcome .

Pls update us on how it went.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Nsiehi: 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

Youre welcome .

Pls update us on how it went.

Nothing yet. I went to stanbic bank, I was told that there is nothing they can do about it. The POS operator's bank is Opay, she has contacted them on phone but not getting positve responses from them.
Re: Help! Nairalanders. How Do I Retrieve My Funds? by Thomthom(m): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nsiehi:

Nothing yet. I went to stanbic bank, I was told that there is nothing they can do about it. The POS operator's bank is Opay, she has contacted them on phone but not getting positve responses from them.
Just Imagine what Stanbic Bank told you.. Sometimes I use to feel like all these our Banks Aid frauds sometimes.. How person go come bank come explain matter.. Then they go say there is nothing we can do about it.. This is why fraud is increasing everyday by day

(1) (Reply)

Say Just In; A Man Brutalize His Wife Mercilessly See Photo And Video / OAU five ,23 Year's Later The Untold Story About July 10, 1999 / Yah00 Boy Spotted Spraying Money Wrapped With ‘juju’ On People At A Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.