Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket (34844 Views)

Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election / Abba Moro Wins Benue South Senate Seat, Replaces David Mark after 20 years / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by babyfaceafrica: 5:34pm On May 28, 2022
Praktikals:
Priest kwa? If he wins, who will be the first lady?
good question?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by naturallysimple(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2022
toobusy:
A priest shouldn't mingle with partisan politics,if he has chosen to be a politician,let him be,if he wants to work in the lord vineyard,let me focus on it,no one servers two masters at a time
I am a muslim but we need upright people to lead us in this country, if a priest is not welcome should we leave it in the hand of the devil that has been leading us and complain for another 4 years, we pray for good leader but we complain when a religious man comes forward. i wish him best of luck if his time will bring positivity to all benue and Nigeria at larger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by blaise26abj(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2022
Sorry oh . I won’t talk now . I reserve this comment until later .
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by PrincessofDSS(f): 5:34pm On May 28, 2022
Congratulations father
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by abobote: 5:34pm On May 28, 2022
Praktikals:
First lady is unconstitutional. Na illegal office be that, na him make Aisha Buhari de run her own from Dubai

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Jones4190(m): 5:35pm On May 28, 2022
You tell us when the righteous is on the throne, the people rejoice, yet you are persecuting the righteous for going for the throne.
That Bishop who suspended the priest might end up answering him Sir and addressing him as His Excellency while begging for financial support for his diocese.

my Question now is,
If Rev Father wins the next Governorship Election in Benue State, who is going to be the First Lady of the State?

choosing my girlfriend will not be a bad ideal
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Theoarhics: 5:35pm On May 28, 2022
Benue state is majorly Catholics. Its going to be a tough one for pdp. Knowing the Catholic sentiment would come to play in the election process

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by spencekat(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2022
Theoarhics:
Benue state is majorly Catholics. Its going to be a tough one for pdp. Knowing the Catholic sentiment would come to play in the election process
A sophisticated rigging may be the solution.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by emaopel: 5:38pm On May 28, 2022
I support and wish the priest best of luck... You can do it...
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by hupo: 5:38pm On May 28, 2022
I am fully in support of his move. As a Catholic priest who has no wife, children etc. He would be more focused to serve the people and delivered the dividends of democracy that has been a mirage.

What the church did is in order, not a condemnation but just administration. Just like saying if your are a political appointee and desire to run for an office then you must first resign. This is the case here.

Note that a one time governor of that state was a CATHOLIC PRIEST!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Prozico22(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2022
benue has the highest member per state in catholic church not even the igbos

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by VirileNelly2420: 5:38pm On May 28, 2022
redcliff:

Little did you know that one time The Pope was the most powerful man in the world?
True. He was both political and religious leader
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Zephyr1: 5:38pm On May 28, 2022
Hi
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by cletz991(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2022
The office of the first lady os not an official position. Its not compulsory
Praktikals:
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by MrCover: 5:39pm On May 28, 2022
Cha E
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Klass99(f): 5:41pm On May 28, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by sniperr007(m): 5:41pm On May 28, 2022
toobusy:
A priest shouldn't mingle with partisan politics,if he has chosen to be a politician,let him be,if he wants to work in the lord vineyard,let me focus on it,no one servers two masters at a time

No be the 1st time priest dey run for governor for Benue state.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Awoleesu(m): 5:41pm On May 28, 2022
Praktikals:
grin

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Amumaigwe: 5:42pm On May 28, 2022
toobusy:

Who are the two masters?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by LocalStandard1(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2022
I would love to see the priest win the governorship rase at the end. Without a wife or children as distractions I would love to see what a man can achieve, this will be an experiment of a kind.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by edungene7: 5:42pm On May 28, 2022
very interesting more priest should run please we are tired of all this criminals
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by slimmoney(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2022
can u please tell us the constitutional role of a first lady in a state?
Toktee:
what's b is the role of the first Lady?

Unreliable species.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Nwaajasa: 5:44pm On May 28, 2022
Kosoco:
Wetin Bishops go talk now
What do you want the lord Bishop to talk again, he has suspended him. What you supposed ask now is who will be his first lady or first lady of Benue State if he wins the general election

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Toktee(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2022
slimmoney:
can u please tell us the constitutional role of a first lady in a state?
I was answering you.. and I asked her role?

Why throw the question back to me?

Who first Lady epp?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by feeloscar(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
fake priest...No wonder the silence when fulanis slaughter Christians in benue..chai chai..Oluwa God
Fake nairalander, no wonder, yeye de smell...mtchew

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Johnnygill(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2022
I have never known a criminal as Gov Samuel ortom, He has milk the state to nothing only God that would save Benue
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Toktee(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2022
Nwaajasa:
What do you want the lord Bishop to talk again, he has suspended him. What you supposed ask now is who will be his first lady or first lady of Benue State if he wins the general election
There's no need for that, they are useless as far as Benue state is concerned....

What have the previous ones including that of Jonathan did to touch lives?

They are just a yardstick for siphoning government funds.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by juman(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2022
Congratulations to the priest.

But if it's full time pentecostal pastors, no no. Because they are like yahoo boys in the eyes of the people.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by rejoice4eva(m): 5:51pm On May 28, 2022
toobusy:
The politicians, are they serving the devil?
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by feeloscar(m): 5:55pm On May 28, 2022
Pele10:
One with GOD is a majority.as you won the primaries with a wide gap, so shall you win in the general elections against the governors candidate(Titus Uba) with GOD all things are possible, congratulations priest.
The governor's camp had said all manner of things, from Alia can't afford the form to Gemade will defeat him bla bla bla. We stand dey wait for that stooge come 2023, e go shock dem, come do them like film. To pay salaries, na wahala, make you pay pension, na trouble, you want carry stooge wey dey worse than you come put, so that you go look like saint, tofia.
Re: Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket by Udodiri01: 5:58pm On May 28, 2022
Office of the First lady go empty sha ...if he wins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rumoured Marriage: I Am Not Getting A New Wife, Remi Is Enough For Me - Tinubu / DSS Arrests NIRSAL Boss, Abbas Umar Maisanawa / Igbo Leaders Meet Governor El-Rufai, Say No To Division Of Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.