Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. (3285 Views)

Yahoo Boys In Benin Throw Money Into The Air (Video) / Yahoo Boys Throw Money Into A Dirty River During Ritual / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by ArewaTech1(m): 8:56am On May 29, 2022
irunoko:
you'll likely be in trouble Because they won't believe you're innocent.theyll believe that you're part of them because they will wonder how the money entered into your account if you didn't give them.also for them to disable your account it means they might have sent your name and account number to the police and whenever you show up in the bank, they'll ask you to wait until the police come and arrest you there

I haven't been using that account for years. I don't plan on going to the bank to get the account back or anything. In fact, since opening that account, it has not seen upto 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND NAIRA)

irunoko:
and once you are taken to the police,the police will begin to torture you to confess about the rest of your syndicate who are involved in the yahoo thing,if you still insist on innocence,they might force you to write a statement of a crime you didn't commit (cultism,armed robbery etc) that will ensure that even if your people come and bail you out, it'll become difficult for them because they won't understand that the police have tortured you at gun point to write and sign about what you didn't do.
I just pray it doesn't get to this. I didn't give anyone my money highways. I think he tried making the transfer using my barter link/email address (which is the same as ordinary bank account number).

irunoko:

Also your people/religion have made things very difficult and the country dangerous that's what is causing the hatred for people they call "aboki" meanwhile aboki in your language means friend but in the real language of the yorubas it means a nuisance, idiot, uninvited person that should be tolerated.
Yeah, "aboki" means friend. But from his usage, as you said, he means I am an illiterate idiot who doesn't know English... That's what pissed me off. I was very anxious yesterday and he tried adding salt to the injury.
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by ArewaTech1(m): 8:58am On May 29, 2022
idris646:

good call, don't go to the bank or else dem go apprehend you.

I do not intend on going to the bank. I haven't been using that account for years.

Since opening it, that account has not seen upto 1k naira.
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by irunoko(m): 9:03am On May 29, 2022
ArewaTech1:

I haven't been using that account for years. I don't plan on going to the bank to get the account back or anything. In fact, since opening that account, it has not seen upto 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND NAIRA)

I just pray it doesn't get to this. I didn't give anyone my money highways. I think he tried making the transfer using my barter link/email address (which is the same as ordinary bank account number).

Yeah, "aboki" means friend. But from his usage, as you said, he means I am an illiterate idiot who doesn't know English... That's what pissed me off. I was very anxious yesterday and he tried adding salt to the injury.
since you said you want to abandon the account it's better and safer for you.make ordinary N1K no land you for kirikiri.

Again many people who are called "abokis" by non northerners are actually seen as unintelligent and unschooled Because of the nasty behaviours of some of your people hence you have to bear the consequences of their actions
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by Kimiso(m): 9:30am On May 29, 2022
Foreigna2:

You're just a fool, dirty stinking pauper.
If you do foreign transactions, you will know what a Barter account is. Dumb nonentity.
your papa oloriburuku somebody
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by Kimiso(m): 9:31am On May 29, 2022
ArewaTech1:

Oga, you were not joking. You very well mean what you said, it backfired to your face, now you want to defend behind "I was just joking".

What's the correlation between my thread and having perfect English?

Get a life Bro
like you are supposed to tell your papa, irritating slowpoke
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by Advision: 10:52am On May 29, 2022
ArewaTech1:

I do not intend on going to the bank. I haven't been using that account for years.

Since opening it, that account has not seen upto 1k naira.

Notify flutterwave that the transaction was not yours and cc someone that a lawyer in the email. Let them also provide you a basis of the block. Else they may block your bvn to smoke you out if they deem you to have commitment such a crime that you need to be reeled in
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by Brownshoe: 12:07pm On May 29, 2022
Shall send it here
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by silibaba: 12:10pm On May 29, 2022
ArewaTech1:
Hello Nairalanders..

Please help a brother out, a scammer claims to have sent a huge sum of stolen funds into my barter account.

I tried login to the account to confirm, but it keeps saying Account disabled, that I should contact customer care.

I tried reaching out to barter's helpline, but it's weekend they are away. I sent them an email.

PLEASE WHAT SHALL I DO? I AM VERY AFRAID AT THE MOMENT. I DON'T WANT TO GET INTO ANY TROUBLE.

[b[b]]I have already went to the nearest police station and gave my statement.[/b][/b]

Guilty conscience.

Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by 21savages: 1:22pm On May 29, 2022
Hmmm for where?
idris646:
oga no lie, you either run Momo Agent Awoof stuff or somebody run am for you.
sha, what's done. is done.
dem don begin arrest people sef.
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by Lmubarack59(m): 3:08pm On May 29, 2022
Maza kashare shi kawai... Dama haka suke sai kuri da ilimi alhalin sune manya manyan jahillai

ArewaTech1:

Wallahi ya bani haushi fa. Ya wani zuwa yana so ya fadawa mutane maganar banza. Shi gashi mai jin turanci.
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by Lmubarack59(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2022
Kimiso:
like you are supposed to tell your papa, irritating slowpoke

This kimiso no get shame sha... e no gree keep quite LMAO
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 29, 2022
Op, get every documents or paper linked to your barter account showing you are innocent (not involved in this)

If possible, screenshot of your last transaction using the account, as evidence that u are not frequently using the account

Then lastly, keep this evidence

So that if the matter gets complicated, u can present them and free yourself.
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by ArewaTech1(m): 7:38pm On May 29, 2022
Commendable:
Op, get every documents or paper linked to your barter account showing you are innocent (not involved in this)

If possible, screenshot of your last transaction using the account, as evidence that u are not frequently using the account

Then lastly, keep this evidence

So that if the matter gets complicated, u can present them and free yourself.

Thank you. I have details of every transaction I ever made on that account. Not upto 10 transactions, which in total aren't more than 1 thousand naira.
Re: What Shall I Do, Scammer Sent Money Into My Account. by lifestyle1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
Why are you not replying your messages on WhatsApp after receiving credit alert ?

undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secondary School Child Beheaded By Cultist PHOTOS / Cultism: Cult Members Execute Rivals. Dump Bodies In Pit (Pics, Video) / **viewer Discretion Advised** Ride-by Thief Beaten To Pulp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.