Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking (14580 Views)

2023: Presidency Not For Tinubu's Type - Senator Adeyeye / 2023: SWAGA Will Save APC From Embarrassing Defeat - Senator Adeyeye / 2019 Will Be The End Of Saraki’s Deceit In Kwara- Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by iwaeda: 7:53am On May 29, 2022
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress and former Senate Chief Whip, Prof Sola Adeyeye, speaks with OLADIMEJI RAMON and TUNDE AJAJA on Buhari’s seven years in office, the ongoing party primaries, the 2023 general elections and why he supports Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo’s candidacy

The All Progressives Congress has adjusted its timetable several times and it looks like the party may adopt the consensus option, do you think that’s a better route to take despite having about 28 presidential aspirants?

Honestly, I don’t know what is going on and I will not want to pre-empt the leaders of the party, who must find themselves right now in tough situations, trying to make sure that they avert a crisis. In the past, things like this led to the implosion of parties and in the end, everybody ended up losing. If you remember, the original Nigerian Peoples Party had Ibrahim Waziri as the chairman and he also wanted to be the presidential candidate, but other members of the party like Adeniran Ogunsanya, Areoye Oyebola, Nnamdi Azikiwe and others said no, it couldn’t be like that. The party then split into what became the NPP and the Great Nigeria People’s Party, because Waziri and others walked away (to form the GNPP). By the time the election was held, the GNPP came fifth among the political parties; the NPN came first, UPN came second and the NPP came third.

But in terms of geographical spread, the party had one-quarter in so many states. It outperformed Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s party, the Unity Party of Nigeria, when it came to geographical spread. What it showed was that if you had combined the votes of the NPP with the GNPP, they could have come first and they would have had the geographical spread, and all that drama would never have taken place, but for the implosion. Imagine if Zik (Nnamdi Azikiwe of the NPP) had been a presidential candidate and Waziri (of the GNPP) had been a vice-presidential candidate, and they were able to maintain the same votes, they would have won. These are the kind of things parties at this critical juncture must be trying to balance and it will not be wise for me to pre-empt them. I can only be praying for them that they will be fair to everybody and do the right thing.

On a number of occasions you have maintained that one of the frontline aspirants, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is not fit to be president mainly on account of his health, what in your opinion are the odds against his candidacy?

In Nigerian politics, anybody who speaks with absolute confidence is a fool. I said so because the truth is there is a lot of deceit in Nigerian politicking. Let me give you an example; the night before the Senate and the House of Representatives voted on the attempt by (former President Olusegun) Obasanjo to alter the 1999 Constitution to have a third term for himself, voting was first done in the Aso Villa. In fact, the present Chairman of the APC, who was the governor of Nasarawa State, was at the villa on that day. The then governor of Bauchi State, Adamu Mu’azu, a handsome young man then, was the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum. They took the votes and they had 83 senators saying they would vote to support the alteration of the constitution.

The following day when Ken Nnamani (the then Senate President), called for a vote, only three senators voted in support of the third term. He then explained what the voting was about and asked that they vote again, one of the senators, who had previously supported it, changed his mind. In the end, only two senators out of 109 supported the alteration of the constitution. You see what happened in Kaduna when Tinubu went there. You saw the abracadabra that went on there. We all saw what happened when Amaechi, Fayemi and Osinbajo went there. Great things were said about all of them. What do I mean exactly? I believe some of these governors are playing games.

https://punchng.com/we-campaigned-for-buhari-but-nigerians-werent-forced-to-vote-for-him-apc-chieftain-adeyeye/

7 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Melvin56: 7:57am On May 29, 2022
Votes don't count in Nigeria
He was installed not by vote

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Frigga13: 8:00am On May 29, 2022
Forget about Tinubu and North..

That one wey no Dey understand Hausa .. Na el Rufia own and badaru .. even Tinubu know say .. Ganduje Dey play am.
Tinubu only ally in North is shettima of Bornu stAte

Others go just chop and clean mouth.. Yoruba people money sweet die

Bullion van no be River state Wike dollar.. grin

Shehu SANNI told him to get an interpreter anytime he’s in the north.. don’t know if he took that advise serious

He went beggging , sharing rice , money .. to people wey Dey mock the Yoruba god .. their slave
Yet poverty and hunger Dey ravage his own people

Tinubu Must Contest
Must
No excuse
He must be on ballot
I mean any Yoruba must be on ballot

Power to the people
North 2023

11 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Tonypens48(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2022
Lol... grin

Well said.

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Jones4190(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2022
THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS INCONVENIENT

Abacha's son won Kano PDP Guber Primaries.

Lamido's son won Jigawa PDP Guber Ticket.

Elrufai's son won APC Kaduna North Federal Constituency.

Ajimobi's son won APC Ticket to contest Oyo Assembly Seat.

Ibori's daughter won PDP Ethiope Federal Constituency of Delta State.

Ganduje's son won APC primary election for House of Representatives Dawakin Tofa, Rimin Gado and Tofa.

Okowa's daughter won PDP House of Assembly Primaries.

Akala's son won APC primaries for Ogbomoso Federal Constituency.

Fayose's son won PDP Ekiti Central Federal Constituency .

Yerima’s son also won ...

The circle continues.
And if it continue like this, the sons and daughters of nobody can never be somebody.

Simply put, the future of Nigeria belongs to the children of the rich elites.

When you don serve papa finish, you go still serve the Children. what a country how can there be any change if it continues like this?

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by RichDad1(m): 8:31am On May 29, 2022
This one is getting the message. Your veepee aka star radler is getting beating at the primaries. No anointing oil anywhere. All man should hustle for his votes. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by RichDad1(m): 8:32am On May 29, 2022
Frigga13:
Forget about Tinubu and North..

That one wey no Dey understand Hausa .. Na el Rufia own and badaru .. even Tinubu know say .. Ganduje Dey play am.
Tinubu only ally in North is shettima of Bornu stAte

Others go just chop and clean mouth.. Yoruba people money sweet die

Bullion van no be River state Wike dollar.. grin

Shehu SANNI told him to get an interpreter anytime he’s in the north.. don’t know if he took that advise serious

He went beggging , sharing rice , money .. to people wey Dey mock the Yoruba god .. their slave
Yet poverty and hunger Dey ravage his own people

Tinubu Must Contest
Must
No excuse
He must be on ballot
I mean any Yoruba must be on ballot

Power to the people
North 2023
Leave Tinubu alone and face your miserable life. Ke careless about your existence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Frigga13: 8:35am On May 29, 2022
RichDad1:

Leave Tinubu alone and face your miserable life. Ke careless about your existence.

Next!

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2022
A lot has been said about Nigeria politics, well let me leave it for ppl in Nigeria to decide.. as for me, the plan is to stay abroad and pray for Nigeria......... undecided

This country has really suffered, no hope in sight for the masses, little or no health insurance scheme, embezzlement of public fund, no water scheme, dirt everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:40am On May 29, 2022
Jones4190:

Ganduje's son won APC primary election for House of Representatives Dawakin Tofa, Rimin Gado and Tofa.

The circle continues.
And if it continue like this, the sons and daughters of nobody can never be somebody.

When you don serve papa finish, you go still serve the Children. what a country how can there be any change if it continues like this?

dont forget,their papa first serve these elites papa ooo..na him be grandpa serve their grandpa. hahahahaha..Igbos wey no gree serve,them bring war come...

Now we no go gree serve...I dey smell say dem fit bring war come like ukraine..they want invade the east

2 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by slickbak(m): 8:41am On May 29, 2022
Melvin56:
Votes don't count in Nigeria
He was installed not by vote
Oh my brother. I love you so much for this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by hush15: 8:44am On May 29, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
A lot has been said about Nigeria politics, well let me leave it for ppl in Nigeria to decide.. as for me, the plan is to stay abroad and pray for Nigeria......... This country has really suffered

Is suffering

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Dannyset(m): 8:46am On May 29, 2022
Is this not the same man that insulted Buhari on health grounds and yet he wants him to endorse PYO?
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by GboyegaD(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2022
Na today? He benefited from the deceit so why cry foul cos he lost the opportunity to return to the deceit.
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Ojuntana: 8:52am On May 29, 2022
cc: Tinubu urchins grin grin
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by SecretReporter(f): 8:56am On May 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by KingKO22: 8:57am On May 29, 2022
All Southerners should reject northern Agenda by rejecting PDP

If Tinubu or amaech or Osinbajo win

Its a win for the South

Believe me, Southerners will get more appointment opportunities than Northern

But if northener wins the North will become too powerful for any Southern candidate from 2037 upward

2 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by rajiedreez: 9:01am On May 29, 2022
U nko
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Omihanifa: 9:05am On May 29, 2022
The man is right
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Boyooosa(m): 9:06am On May 29, 2022
Noted
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by juman(m): 9:07am On May 29, 2022
Jones4190:

The circle continues.

The circle does not continue.
Yes.
We are in democracy. You can also contest and win.
We can stop any politician through voting against them.
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by free2ryhme: 9:34am On May 29, 2022
iwaeda:

https://punchng.com/we-campaigned-for-buhari-but-nigerians-werent-forced-to-vote-for-him-apc-chieftain-adeyeye/

The deceit you referred to is suddenly aproblem to the political class but same deceit is being used to oppress the masses daily for over 8 years and you never saw anything wrong with it.
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by IkeIgboNile(m): 9:40am On May 29, 2022
KingKO22
All Southerners should reject northern Agenda by rejecting PDP

If Tinubu or amaech or Osinbajo win

Its a win for the South

Believe me, Southerners will get more appointment opportunities than Northern

But if northener wins the North will become too powerful for any Southern candidate from 2037 upward

SW won't get this presidency. Their greed will make southerners lose this election. Power should remain in the North instead of going to the SW. If Tinubu wins the general election,it will still be an L of southern Nigeria. He's campaign routes are enough to show you where his loyalty lies.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by bigdammyj: 9:55am On May 29, 2022
Not new.
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by adelekeolu(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2022
THE NORTHERN GAME MUST STOP. SOUTH WAKE UP
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by blinking001(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2022
From now hence I'm done insulting the igbos in this space. Southerners must unite or we might end up becoming perpetual slaves to the northern oligarchs.
Yesterday's PDP primaries has reopened my eyes to the plot of the northern oligarchy. Tambuwal stepping down for Atiku should be an eye opener for southern Nigerians.
Must we perpetually continue to serve the north and feed from their Crumps?

Southerners wake up. The disunity and pride isn't helping us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Omniman(m): 10:32am On May 29, 2022
Who is this rookie
Re: Senator Adeyeye: There Is A Lot Of Deceit In Nigerian Politicking by Back2Daura(m): 10:34am On May 29, 2022
Jones4190:

The circle continues.

All these people should fail election to prove to pir failed political class that power belongs to the people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Other State Should Be Created In Southeast? / Amina Mohammed Represents Buhari At Africa Day In Morocco / I Never Promisted To Give Out Benue Land For Ranching-gov Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.