Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,779 members, 7,862,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site (249 Views)

What God Did When I Found Myself In A Den Of Cultists In Port Harcourt / I Saw A Mermaid And Merman Having Sex / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:15am On May 29, 2022
What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site

Nna, my guy tear race oh, like the biblical Moses did after his own rod turned into a serpent.

No time to ask the huge snake questions like, "how are you" and "what are you doing here"?

I ran as though I had forgotten my back, lol!

I had killed many snakes in my life, even when I still an unbeliever, I used to kill them. But this one's size was something else, and the way it moved forcefully, the noise it made and dust it raised while trying to straighten itself from its sitting position because of its huge size, I took to my heels out of fear.

Funny enough, while I was running in one direction, the big snake was running in the opposite direction.

We appeared to have something in common. It was also running for its dear life while i was running for mine.

Perhaps I wasn't supposed to be afraid of the snake after all despite it huge size. I should have just stood my ground instead, because the big snake itself seemed to be really scared of me, and hence wouldn't have tried to attack or hurt me. But i didn't wait to find out first, my first instinct was to immediately take to my heels, because i never expected to see such a huge snake sitting where it was in the first place.

I guess you expected me to say that I wasn't afraid, but just spoke to the serpent and told it get behind me, right?

Or perhaps you thought I started speaking in tongues for the serpent to die by Holy Ghost fire, or maybe taken a stone or stick to kill it myself, or better still, trampled upon it with my feet, because Jesus said that it shall not harm us regardless, right?

That's to show you that even those who were truly prophets of God and apostles of Christ were also humans like you, because that's the same way Moses fled when his rod turned into a serpent despite that God was there with him. Exodus 4:3

It's the same way the disciples of Christ fled and forsook Christ when He was arrested. Mark 14:50-52

It was the same way David fled for his life after he discovered that Saul was after his life. 1 Samuel 21:10

It was the same way Elijah fled for his life from the face of Jezebel after she threatened his life. 1 King 19:3

So when you see the same Moses carry just the same rod in His hands to same land of Egypt where he fled from for his life, to confront Pharoah without fear; Exodus 4:20; 7:10.

When you see the same disciples fearlessly stand for Christ and preach His Gospel regardless of the threat it posed to their lives; Acts 4;13

When you see the same David go up fearlessly against a giant called Goliath who terrorized the whole men of war in Israel, including King Saul; 1 Samuel 17:24, 45-50

When you see the same Elijah fearlessly take on all the prophets of Baal singlehandedly, and also the same Jezebel's husband, Ahab, who was the king of Israel then, that the king would ask him, "have you found me mine enemy?", you'd understand that it wasn't by their own power nor by their might but by the Spirit of God that they were able to do display that kind of courage and boldness.

The only thing that distinguishes them from the rest is that they yielded themselves fully to God for Him to use to showcase what He was capable of doing. So anyone who yields himself completely to God as they did, would eventually also be able to do likewise with God.

It's the same way that the same "fear, fear" me that fled for my dear life when I saw that Python, has been able to also display some rare kind of courage way beyond my capacity, like going to a bushy area (wilderness) where scorpions and snakes were common, and sleeping on the bare floor more or less for 9 whole days without taking food or water and so on.

https://www.nairaland.com/6443340/what-happened-me-when-attempted

It wasn't by my power nor by my might but by the Spirit of God.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site by Tonypens48(m): 8:16am On May 29, 2022
Hmmn
Re: What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site by Nobody: 8:30am On May 29, 2022
make lala no catch you oh
Re: What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site by nifemi25(m): 8:33am On May 29, 2022
I can assure you this won't get to front page because you didn't do the needful... Why can't you wait and make sure the serpent end in your pot. Am sure even oga lala will not be happy with you.... @ op Please apologize to oga lala now
Re: What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site by Uprightness100(m): 8:34am On May 29, 2022
The day you begin to think you can do exploits by your power is the day your Fall begins.

No Matter the Exploits that comes from you as a Pastor, Bishop, apostle, prophet, or whatever, the day you begin to feel it is by your power, that is the day your Fall is settled.

The Man of GOD without GOD is an ordinary man.
It is the GOD of the man that makes the man of GOD.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did When I Saw A Python At A Bushy Site by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2022
nifemi25:
I can assure you this won't get to front page because you didn't do the needful... Why can't you wait and make sure the serpent end in your pot. Am sure even oga lala will not be happy with you.... @ op Please apologize to oga lala now
Lol!

(1) (Reply)

Lawyer Storms Supreme Court Proceedings In Native Doctor Attire After ........ / The Embarrassing Honorarium I Received After Ministering In A Church Program / Pastor Joel Osteen Sermon: Freedom In The Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.