Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,555 members, 7,955,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:44 PM

Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead (21651 Views)

Ex UNIBEN VC, Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead / Godspower Oshodin Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Top Swiss Business School / Henrietta Alokha Is Dead! The Principal Of Bethlehem Girls College Dies In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Sermwell(m): 8:06pm On May 29, 2022
Krismas:
cool Oshodin was Dean of student during the WILLIAM UBONG saga. #williamubong
Gist me this saga abeg! What happened?
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Theoarhics: 8:06pm On May 29, 2022
That man was a good man. One f the best VCs uniben ever had. He was my VC when I was in uniben. Very disciplined. But towards the tail end of his tenure evil people poisoned him and he almost died in 2013, ever since then the man had not been the same.

5 Likes

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Bigchristo: 8:07pm On May 29, 2022
TheGiftedOne:
The University of Benin (UNIBEN) has been thrown into mourning as former Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof Osayuki Godwin Oshodin has been confirmed dead.

TheNewsGuru.com (TNG) reports the Public Relation Officer of UNIBEN Alumni, Kelvin Omokaro confirmed the death of Prof Oshodin on Sunday morning.

Recall that UNIBEN also lost its first female VC, Prof. Grace Alele-Williams to the cold hands of death only recently.

At the time of filing this report, the cause of Oshodin’s death is still unknown. However, reports had it that he had been sick.

Meanwhile, no official statement from the management of UNIBEN nor the family yet.

TNG reports the professor of health education was born on August 9, 1950. He died aged 71

Source:. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenewsguru.com/news/breaking-ex-vc-of-uniben-osayuki-godwin-oshodin-is-dead/%3famp=1
So sad good people don’t last, this a man that gave 3 of my friends job in that School I feel sad hearing this news may his soul Rest In Peace

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by brumeikperikpe: 8:10pm On May 29, 2022
If Professors can die, then no hope for primary six holders.
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by ppogba: 8:12pm On May 29, 2022
The children of a fulani man wii inherit his cows when he dies.
The children of this prof. cannot inherit his certificates now that he is dead.

This is totally unfair.
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by AntiMen: 8:13pm On May 29, 2022
Devilagentcap:
RIP

Who can lend me 30k today or tomorrow. Will pay back by June ending

Just like that.....

What collaterals have you?
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by AntiMen: 8:13pm On May 29, 2022
We are all living to die...

Rest in peace sir.
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by osazsky(m): 8:16pm On May 29, 2022
ozoebuka1:
Vanity upon vanity ...rip to him
na this man give me and over 5000 graduates work..we will all die .the question is wat will u be remembered for..

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by real777(m): 8:17pm On May 29, 2022
His successor was almost useless.

I heard he was poisoned in the last lap of his tenure. Sadly he battled to stay alive. Many still testify of his good deeds till this day. He will be remember for good for a long time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by osazsky(m): 8:20pm On May 29, 2022
Theoarhics:
That man was a good man. One f the best VCs uniben ever had. He was my VC when I was in uniben. Very disciplined. But towards the tail end of his tenure evil people poisoned him and he almost died in 2013, ever since then the man had not been the same.
gbam..even at that while in his sick bed he still signed on my cv..i will never forget..provided u could meet him ..irrespective of the location he signs on ur cv..work starts 2 weeks time..live to remember prof osayuki oshodin rest on sir

9 Likes

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Born2Breed(f): 8:20pm On May 29, 2022
Rest in peace Epa.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by cerebralniggie1: 8:21pm On May 29, 2022
Krismas:
cool Oshodin was Dean of student during the WILLIAMS UBONG saga. #williamsubong
June 12 building was named after him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Eriokanmi: 8:23pm On May 29, 2022
Oshodin....remove the letter "n" and it becomes oshodi...who can deny the fact that Lagos is an extension of Bini?

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by TechBIogger: 8:25pm On May 29, 2022
Krismas:
gist me about that Williams ubong saga.
is that why they named that Secretariat at June 12 after him?
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by VEHINTOLAR: 8:27pm On May 29, 2022
May your soul rest in peace sir.
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by TechBIogger: 8:27pm On May 29, 2022
brumeikperikpe:
If Professors can die, then no hope for primary six holders.
grin
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by abimic(m): 8:30pm On May 29, 2022
Mr. Prof. Man, this was the vc in my time, after prof. nwanze tried to scatter everywhere.

What an astute scholar, his reign was sweet at least while i did my engineering.

rest in peace scholar....

My friend was happy then that her Dean of Education was the VC.

Nice University where i met great minds.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by foxxydude: 8:35pm On May 29, 2022
This man created lots of jobs during his tenure
So many Edo youths are forever grateful to him. rest in peace sir

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by tarantino1: 8:38pm On May 29, 2022
I hear say this guy fight cultism well well for Uniben oo

RIP sir

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by pabon(m): 8:41pm On May 29, 2022
Eyah! Oshodin was my VC from 100 to about 300 level. And he brought about some nice developments. What could have killed him?

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Mayflowa(m): 8:42pm On May 29, 2022
osazsky:
gbam..even at that while in his sick bed he still signed on my cv..i will never forget..provided u could meet him ..irrespective of the location he signs on ur cv..work starts 2 weeks time..live to remember prof osayuki oshodin rest on sir

He was too good!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by victorVIC1(m): 8:43pm On May 29, 2022
RIP sir.
He was the VC when I was in UNIBEN

1 Like

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by pabon(m): 8:43pm On May 29, 2022
osazsky:

Yes. I remember the news of his poisoning. Wicked people everywhere.
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Eriokanmi: 8:43pm On May 29, 2022
Krismas:
Yes, Williams Ubong '97....a rising star which never shone. Only a few on NL would remember or hear about this young man. I was in my year 2 that time as an undergraduate in Ilorin. How he died still remains sketchy till today. Maybe he would have been one of the active politicians today. Cultism reigned in that era no be lie. Maybe he was taken by one of the rivals. How time flies.
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by TechBIogger: 8:44pm On May 29, 2022
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Sermwell(m): 8:49pm On May 29, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by rollywise(m): 8:50pm On May 29, 2022
Oh so sad. This man and oshiomole get am down that year. RIP sir
Re: Prof. Osayuki Oshodin Is Dead by Elidrisy20: 8:51pm On May 29, 2022
FG why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Types Of Freshers You Meet In The Campus / Are U A Student.?do U Want To Avoid Relying On Your Parents.?chect THIS OUT!!!!! / Olusa Hits 30 Hours In Quest To Break Guinness World Record For Longest Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.