Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) (981 Views)

Why Peter Obi Will Win(opinion) / This Is How Things Will Play Out Should Peter Obi Win (opinion) / Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by blackpanda: 12:55pm On May 29, 2022
Despite the fact that many Nigerians online appear to support Peter Obi, i still do not think he will win for the following reasons.

Intergrity
Mr Peter Obi is all fantastic ideas and beautiful talks. But experience showshe does not really have any intergrity. When it comes down to it, Peter Obi is just like any other politician. From the "Pandora" expose where he was alleged to have carted away billions into foreign accounts using money laundering technics, to his inability to stick to one party till the end. Mr Obi has not shown he is any different from other politicians, other than his lofty moving talks here and there.

Lack of supporters
Its true that everybody appears to be singing his tune on social media. But the truth is that most of those on social media dont have PVC! Even the ones that have are not ready wait long hours under the sun to vote. Furthermore, most of Obi's supporters are from the south, especially south east. Even in the south east there are so many competitors that will just end up reducing Obi's vote to nothing during election.

Unpopular Party
Immediately i heard Petr Obi had moved to Labour Party, i just knew it was over. Labour Party will obviously not win the Presidency, they lack the political structure or financial capacity to conduct Presidential campaigns in the 36 states and 774 LGA. The truth is that Peter Obi has already given up. He moved to LP so that he can be neutral to whoever wins in PDP. Peter Obi will now be aching for the position of VP. This is why he is busy romancing Atiku. Thats the plan my people!

Igbo Disunity
One of the major reasons Peter (or any other Igbo man) wont make Presidency is the seeming disunity in the East. Everybody in the east has presidential ambitions and nobody is ready to step down for the other. In the end they will all cancel each other out and lose to a different region.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:56pm On May 29, 2022
Tinubu Urchins allow Nigerians decide,I thought you said only Tinubu supporters have pvc, why are you afraid?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by God1000(m): 12:58pm On May 29, 2022
He's a rolling stone

4 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by fulaniHERDSman(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2022
Skull mining Afonja demons doing what is their DNA.
Sanusi na Prophet walai.

Sai GEJ 2023 and APC

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Oksman(m): 1:01pm On May 29, 2022
blackpanda:
Despite the fact that many Nigerians online appear to support Peter Obi, i still do not think he will win for the following reasons.

Intergrity
Mr Peter Obi is all fantastic ideas and beautiful talks. But experience showshe does not really have any intergrity. When it comes down to it, Peter Obi is just like any other politician. From the "Pandora" expose where he was alleged to have carted away billions into foreign accounts using money laundering technics, to his inability to stick to one party till the end. Mr Obi has not shown he is any different from other politicians, other than his lofty moving talks here and there.

Lack of supporters
Its true that everybody appears to be singing his tune on social media. But the truth is that most of those on social media dont have PVC! Even the ones that have are not ready wait long hours under the sun to vote. Furthermore, most of Obi's supporters are from the south, especially south east. Even in the south east there are so many competitors that will just end up reducing Obi's vote to nothing during election.

Unpopular Party
Immediately i heard Petr Obi had moved to Labour Party, i just knew it was over. Labour Party will obviously not win the Presidency, they lack the political structure or financial capacity to conduct Presidential campaigns in the 36 states and 774 LGA. The truth is that Peter Obi has already given up. He moved to LP so that he can be neutral to whoever wins in PDP. Peter Obi will now be aching for the position of VP. This is why he is busy romancing Atiku. Thats the plan my people!

Igbo Disunity
One of the major reasons Peter (or any other Igbo man) wont make Presidency is the seeming disunity in the East. Everybody in the east has presidential ambitions and nobody is ready to step down for the other. In the end they will all cancel each other out and lose to a different region.

@the bolded Poor analysis here because It's the same with the Yorubas who also have so many aspirants.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Ciscogod(m): 1:01pm On May 29, 2022
Forget brother.. anyone can win or lose.

nothing is certain

7 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by blackpanda: 1:03pm On May 29, 2022
Oksman:

@the bolded Poor analysis here because It's the same with the Yorubas who also have so many aspirants.

Its not the same dear. Yoruba have made presidency for 8years. The closest Igbo has gotten is Secretary to the Govt. So no, its not the same wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by jmoore(m): 1:03pm On May 29, 2022
You are suffering under Buhari that has 1 trillion integrity. That's how Buhari scammed you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 29, 2022
blackpanda:

Intergrity

Lack of supporters

Unpopular Party

Igbo Disunity

Shut your mouth! Yorubas are more United and Yemi did not step down for Tinubu or vice versa! I am tired of every Dick coming to tell us who is United and who is not!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by StrongandMighty: 1:13pm On May 29, 2022
A yoruba miscreant having an opinion on why an Igbo man won't be president...

So of all the issues at hand it's Peter obi that's occupying the mucus you've as a brain?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Akurakambe(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2022
I don't know how you guys came with the notion that Peter Obi supporters don't have pvc. I'm one his supporters and I've my pvc. I want to waste my vote on Peter Obi if voting him is wasting of vote.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by DOTian: 1:19pm On May 29, 2022
blackpanda:
!

Igbo Disunity

Every Igbo has a presidential ambition?
Who and who in the east are running for the presidency as we speak?
If they run, you say that they are too many, if they don't run, you say they are afraid to run?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by ERCROSS(m): 1:20pm On May 29, 2022
The OP has raised valid points, but here the reasons why I and my household will vote for Peter Obi nonetheless

Integrity
I was skeptical to put my trust on any politician at first because most of them are deceitful and corrupt. Peter Obi is not a saint either, but all they could dig up against him is some tax evasion alegation called Pandora papers. If tax evasion is the only crime our politicians commit, Nigeria will be better off than this. Politics is a dirty game and it doesn't take your oppositions anything to dig up dirt you think you've covered. But up till this moment, no dirt. Someone even accused him of using substandard stationary on his letter of resignation to PDP. Like really?

Lack of Supporters
I don't think this should be coming from any Nigerian youth who isn't a politician because a politician will support his candidate, just to benefit his own pocket. A non-biased youth should be more concerned about gathering support for his choice candidate. Think about solutions to the problem, not worry about the implications of the existence of the problem. Any neutral youth (who is concerned with changing the status quo where few thousands politicians eat up the present and future of the of over 150 million masses) should rally around a candidate who is ready to drive the nation towards the right direction. Drum support for him in your own way. Even if it's one more person you can convince within your family/friends, it's a plus.

Unpopular Party
Like really? Are you voting a political party or a personnel. The voice of the masses should be powerful than any political party. That's the power of democracy. In my opinion, it's even better that he will not be constrained or controlled by any cabal of his political party should he emerge the president because such cabal may not even exist in a party formed by the coalition of NLC and TUC.

Igbo Disunity
This is a true cause for concern. The South is so divided within itself. I hope a Northerner gets the APC ticket, so southeners can see these northerners for who they really are. Who knows... To spite the North, some of the southerners MAY rally round Peter Obi.

NB: I'm a omo oduduwa tokan-tokan and I really want the best for my kids and unborn generations. So I won't hesitate to spend the whole day under the scorching sun, just to vote and be part of this change. PVC dey ground cha-cha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by vizboy(m): 1:20pm On May 29, 2022
Kkkk.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by helinues: 1:21pm On May 29, 2022
His supporters are coming for you
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by successmatters(m): 1:30pm On May 29, 2022
jmoore:
You are suffering under Buhari that has 1 trillion integrity. That's how Buhari scammed you.

Which buharri had integrity?

The buharri that sat over PTF where billions of dollars flew away to Swiss banks?
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by successmatters(m): 1:31pm On May 29, 2022
DOTian:

Every Igbo has a presidential ambition?
Who and who in the east are running for the presidency as we speak?
If they run, you say that they are too many, if they don't run, you say they are afraid to run?

That's Nigeria, if Fayemi, Osinbajo and Tinubu were Igbos, we would have become deaf by now.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by jmoore(m): 1:31pm On May 29, 2022
successmatters:

Which buharri had integrity?

The buharri that sat over PTF where billions of dollars flew away to Swiss banks?
This one doesn't understand sarcasm.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by successmatters(m): 1:32pm On May 29, 2022
jmoore:
This one doesn't understand sarcasm.

Explain more.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by successmatters(m): 1:33pm On May 29, 2022
Akurakambe:
I don't know how you guys came with the notion that Peter Obi supporters don't have pvc. I'm one his supporters and I've my pvc. I want to waste my vote on Peter Obi if voting him is wasting of vote.

I wonder o, maybe it was published that anyone who wants to support Peter Obi should throw his PVC away first.

I am voting for Peter Obi, even if he's contesting from Jehovas witness. grin
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by blackpanda: 6:24pm On May 29, 2022
Ciscogod:
Forget brother.. anyone can win or lose.

nothing is certain

Yea but most likely obi won't win. Not that I hate him o
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by AK481(m): 7:50pm On May 29, 2022
This irabiji tout supporter wants to teach us amala and ewedu politics
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by flamingREED(m): 9:33pm On May 29, 2022
Forget that gist.

I've done my own permutations.

He'll definitely win if we the youths want a better Nigeria, together with the vast majority of Igbo population behind him.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Polchiz(m): 9:38pm On May 29, 2022
blackpanda:

Its not the same dear. Yoruba have made presidency for 8years. The closest Igbo has gotten is Secretary to the Govt. So no, its not the same wink

OBJ didnot become president through Yoruba votes.

You guys did not vote him.
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by blackpanda: 5:50am On May 30, 2022
Polchiz:

OBJ didnot become president through Yoruba votes.

You guys did not vote him.

Na u sabi. Yoruba have sha rule 16yrs. 8yrs president, 8years VP grin
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Vulturereloaded: 3:20pm On May 30, 2022
Lol. People that claim they want Nigeria to walk, are now giving reasons why the one that has the solution will not win.

They are rooting for the ones that will share billions of dollars to get ticket.

The same people will complain of corruption tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Foolishbuhari: 3:36pm On May 30, 2022
Keep the threads coming! Una go cry taya cc blackpanda
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by blackpanda: 3:53pm On May 30, 2022
Foolishbuhari:
Keep the threads coming! Una go cry taya cc blackpanda

Lol calm down. Even Obi knows the truth
Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Risentouch(m): 4:27pm On May 30, 2022
Obi can't win bla bla bla!

We agree, oya rest na And focus in how to make your Tinubu to even get ticket. You said no, it's only Obi that you want to masturbate on daily.
Anyways thanks for the thread we need more of it like at least 10 threads everyday.
God Bless You

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Risentouch(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2022
blackpanda:

Na u sabi. Yoruba have sha rule 16yrs. 8yrs president, 8years VP grin

Did they get it with only Yoruba votes?

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Will Not Win (opinion) by Foolishbuhari: 5:06pm On May 30, 2022
blackpanda:

Lol calm down. Even Obi knows the truth

No wahala Bro. We shall see cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Sane Person Will Not Vote For Tinubu - Abdul-aziz Na'ibi Abubakar / Inside Of National Art Theatre Lagos (video) / Medical Strike: How Did Tinubu And Peter Obi Tackled The Issues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.