Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

How To Install Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Install Joomla (553 Views)

How To Install Joomla 2.5 Quickstart Template Pack(Step By Step Tutorial Guide) / Do I Need To Install Any Forum Software? / 2go On Pc (how To Install) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Install Joomla by swaggerboi2011: 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2011
pls i urgently need help for somebody to help me on how to go about it
Re: How To Install Joomla by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2011
copy the Joomla Fodler to server Root folder.you will need a PHP Web Server,but is this a local installation or a remote installation.
Re: How To Install Joomla by designfemi(m): 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2011
Download the template then creat a new site folder in www inside wamp of c; then you will creat a new database in your wamp server. Then open your brower and type in the name of the site folder. It automatiocally open the installer in the folder you created earlier follow the process. Then you delete the installer and that's all. In case of any problem foword it to my mail
Re: How To Install Joomla by DualCore1: 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2011
justfuckinggoogleit.com
Re: How To Install Joomla by swaggerboi2011: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2011
didnt check for reply on time. i already started installing it. i am still curently installing it with FTP, i am using a remote server and installing to the root server. i created a MySQL database for it and n username. i dont know if that was neccesary but i was following steps i used to install a SMF forum. am i doing the right thing?

Dual core i googled it but nothing helpful came out
Re: How To Install Joomla by swaggerboi2011: 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2011
@designfemi thanks alot. i have the template already and i have wamp. but do not understand how you want me to create the database. pls assist me on how to do that incase this method doesnt work
Re: How To Install Joomla by DualCore1: 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2011
swaggerboi2011:

Dual core i googled it but nothing helpful came out
That's because you see Google as a dictionary that only understands keywords. Ask Google questions like you would ask a human, do not "search for things" with Google, ask direct questions.

I dont even have to bother Google'ing "how to install joomla" because I know I will get a million results that will work.
Don't feed Google with just search keywords, feed it with full sentences and phrases.
Re: How To Install Joomla by swaggerboi2011: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2011
just tell me wat to do
Re: How To Install Joomla by joomlaman(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2011
Re: How To Install Joomla by rajiade: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2011
hey bro, are you doing it on a localhost or on your web host server?

(1) (Reply)

Get This Free Ebook On How To Html And Web Designing / Yahoo Ceo - Carol Bartz Fired! / Free Report On How To Be Your Own Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.