Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,550 members, 7,955,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) (29790 Views)

Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change / BMW Abandons Boring Designs To Catch Up On Mercedes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by frowland(m): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2022
kingreign:

They’re not necessarily meant for older engines. They’re meant for cars which have the known defect of excessive oil burn due to defective PCV or breather valve designs. They’re meant to trap oils in the valve top which the PCV loses.

It’s beneficial to not only GDI but MPI engines too especially those with badly designed PCV and headers which can trap excessive air and vapors.

Omo, you studied mechanical engineering? The above analysis doesn’t sound like road side mech to me. No mind me sha.
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by Mrkumareze(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
Does it stop smoking by bad engines ?
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by Perfectbeing(m): 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2022
Conner44:

You can create one by yourself. All you need is

A length of oil pipe/hose (the same type and size with the one running from your pcv to valve cover)

Two small pipes of similar diameter with your pcv hose fitting

Weld the pipes into a small container (vacuumed) with one sticking further into the container than the other (one pipe should be shallow and one should run half way deep)

Iron sponge (the type used in washing pots) that will be wrapped around the deeper running iron pipe inside the catch can

And hooks/hangers or a way to mount the can somewhere convenient in your engine bay (as far away from any major heat source as possible)

Also make sure the can you choose has a screw cover or you can weld a small tap/valve for emptying the contents out when it’s caught some oil.

I e done it before. I used one of all those aluminum water bottles that office workers usually carry around. On an EOD engine it caught some oil over the course of an oci and I’d recommend it to keep your valve train and intake manifold sludge free.
Can you snap a pic of one you made?
Thanks
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by MarianaTrench: 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
I just watched a Scotty Kilmer video talking about this thing and how good they are for cars with older engines and also very good for cars with GDi engines.
What are your experiences ? Let's learn

Cc Egunmogaji2, Gazzuzz, Kingreign, Femtopford, diportivo et al

Nigerian consumer experience is in focus here

Most people in Nigeria are more concerned about price of petrol now...I doubt ifbyou would find many Nigerians who give a damn about installing this thing in their cars
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by ironheart(m): 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2022
Just do a pcv delete and you'll be good to go
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by chudez0147(m): 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2022
kingreign:

They’re not necessarily meant for older engines. They’re meant for cars which have the known defect of excessive oil burn due to defective PCV or breather valve designs. They’re meant to trap oils in the valve top which the PCV loses.

It’s beneficial to not only GDI but MPI engines too especially those with badly designed PCV and headers which can trap excessive air and vapors.
DamnNigga!!
I hope you didn't change Our PVC to PCV ??
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by kingreign(m): 1:53pm On Jun 30, 2022
frowland:

Omo, you studied mechanical engineering? The above analysis doesn’t sound like road side mech to me. No mind me sha.

I’m an Environmentalist (MSc.) by qualification.
By profession, I’m an Engineer (automobiles).

1 Like

Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by SeyiJay(m): 1:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Which motor vehicle was prominently featured in the Bible? undecided

Honda, because the apostles were all in one Accord. grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by foxxydude: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2022
Conner44:

You can create one by yourself. All you need is

A length of oil pipe/hose (the same type and size with the one running from your pcv to valve cover)

Two small pipes of similar diameter with your pcv hose fitting

Weld the pipes into a small container (vacuumed) with one sticking further into the container than the other (one pipe should be shallow and one should run half way deep)

Iron sponge (the type used in washing pots) that will be wrapped around the deeper running iron pipe inside the catch can

And hooks/hangers or a way to mount the can somewhere convenient in your engine bay (as far away from any major heat source as possible)

Also make sure the can you choose has a screw cover or you can weld a small tap/valve for emptying the contents out when it’s caught some oil.

I e done it before. I used one of all those aluminum water bottles that office workers usually carry around. On an EOD engine it caught some oil over the course of an oci and I’d recommend it to keep your valve train and intake manifold sludge free.

Chief please post a photo of the EOD engine that you installed the can for us to see
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by Wwwq: 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
Never
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by Yankee101: 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
Summary?

Buy a well built car

1 Like

Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by drmuchin: 9:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
GREAT men dey here
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by salamudeen(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2022
kingreign:

I’m an Environmentalist (MSc.) by qualification.
By profession, I’m an Engineer (automobiles).

Morning

I have a friend who wants to love-vendor the interior of his IS350 i dont know if you do or know anyone who does preferred location Abuja and Lagos
Thanks
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by kingreign(m): 12:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
salamudeen:

Morning

I have a friend who wants to love-vendor the interior of his IS350 i dont know if you do or know anyone who does preferred location Abuja and Lagos
Thanks
I do,
Pls, contact me on 07034581213 (calls and WhatsApp)
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by Nzecorneboy: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2022
Please boss I sent you dm about your comment on one thread like that about foodstuff exportation
SeyiJay:

grin grin
Re: Who Has Used An Oil Catch Can Before And What Is Your Experience ? (Pics) by Conner44: 10:47am On Jul 07, 2022
foxxydude:

Chief please post a photo of the EOD engine that you installed the can for us to see

Sorry I’m not using that particular vehicle anymore if not I’d have posted one. You can google it to k is how it looks.

@Perfectbeing

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Nigerian Mechanics Were Medical Doctors / What Is The Law On Overtaking Police Convoy? Was I Wrong? / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.