Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,059 members, 7,838,692 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals (24044 Views)

Ime Udoka To Be Announced Brooklyn Nets' Head Coach - Report / Ime Udoka Faces Suspension Over Consensual intimate relationship With Team Staff / Ime Udoka Is The Boston Celtics' New Coach And First Nigerian NBA Head Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by mrkings84(m): 1:49pm On May 30, 2022
AKWAIBOM TO THE WORLD!
AKWAIBOM AYAYA!

3 Likes

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Joygift3666: 1:51pm On May 30, 2022
Mee thinking he is my former neighbour.
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by nsiba: 1:51pm On May 30, 2022
Ayilara1:
Akwa Ibom amaka

AIBOM ayaya

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by nsiba: 1:55pm On May 30, 2022
Benesis:
All these people, Ime is Ibibio and Ibibio is not igbo.

Ime means Patience,

We are Ibibio, we share culture and language with just the calabar people of cross rive of the efik extraction.. We barely share culture or traditions wit igbo.
We are neighbors with igbo, but brothers with the Efik.

Lets not always subsume ibibio, efik, oron, annang under igbo, its an insult to us..

Subsume who....seems you are a newbie here
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by fergie001: 2:02pm On May 30, 2022
goodheart01:

And the Udoka surname is for what? Receive sense pls
He is from Etinan LGA, Akwa Ibom State.

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by slivertongue: 2:09pm On May 30, 2022
BKayy:

Say "Igbo Amaka" and have peace in your life for once

Ak
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 30, 2022
Jalaw:
See igbo people laying claims to Akwa Ibom man.
His name is Ime-obong Udoka, his sister is Mfon-obong Udoka.

Udoka is from where?
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 30, 2022
Edipet:
that is an ibibio man not igbo

So Udoka is now Ibibio abi? bros cool down and swallow your hate. His mother is Ibibio and his father is Igbo

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 30, 2022
MadamVanessa:

Ime Udoka is clearly Akwa Ibom name. Nawa o

Udoka is not Akwa Ibom it is an igbo name and you forget that there are indigenous igbos in Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by hosemujica: 2:19pm On May 30, 2022
AutoRedux:

He is Igbo. There are igbos communities in akwaibom.

What does Udoka mean then?
Lol, they have a meaning for Udoka in their own language , ask any Akwa Ibom friend, if you have one. Moreover my friend back in college has Udoka as his last name, yet he's from Oron, the interior of Akwa Ibom and they have no boundary with any Igbo state.

2 Likes

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by vincentjk(m): 2:28pm On May 30, 2022
Rivguydee:

Oluku, he is either Efik or Ibibio.. small thing una don dey find Accolades. This one belongs to South South but we give Nigeria the glory

He's either efik or ibibio?

You don't know his tribe yet quick to quote me.

Olodo mr know all.

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Rivguydee(m): 2:29pm On May 30, 2022
vincentjk:

He's either efik or ibibio?

You don't know his tribe yet quick to quote me.

Olodo mr know all.

I’m very sure it’s either of the two. Who told you he’s Igbo oga? angry

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Rivguydee(m): 2:30pm On May 30, 2022
obynzo:

Udoka is not Akwa Ibom it is an igbo name and you forget that there are indigenous igbos in Akwa Ibom

This is so wrong. Must you guys lay claim to everywhere?

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by AutoRedux: 2:40pm On May 30, 2022
hosemujica:
Lol, they have a meaning for Udoka in their own language , ask any Akwa Ibom friend, if you have one. Moreover my friend back in college has Udoka as his last name, yet he's from Oron, the interior of Akwa Ibom and they have no boundary with any Igbo state.

Mumu Shut the f uck up. There are Igbo communities in akwaibom. You have Ohaobu Ndoki for example. Udoka is an Igbo word whether you agree or not.

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Elimon(m): 2:44pm On May 30, 2022
BKayy:
Igbo Amaka.

And you ignored his surname "Udoka"
Was it his sister that gave birth to him?

Udoka is an Ibibio name ooo

2 Likes

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by bro4u: 2:45pm On May 30, 2022
fantasy2018:

Hahaha....then why Udoka? The name is not ibibio.
Akwa ibomites bear Udoka... So rest bro

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by bro4u: 2:45pm On May 30, 2022
BKayy:
Igbo Amaka.

And you ignored his surname "Udoka"
Was it his sister that gave birth to him?

Akwa Ibom bear Udoka, rest

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by AutoRedux: 2:50pm On May 30, 2022
Rivguydee:

When will you guys grow past this grin grin grin

Stop talking from your arse. He is Igbo.

Udoka is purely an Igbo name.

Bro go sleep.

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Elimon(m): 2:50pm On May 30, 2022
obynzo:

Bro I light in Ibiono.... I have uncles and friends who bear Udoka and they're all Ibibiod... Not Igbo.

I am from Akwa Ibom state and Ime Udoka is a common name among indigenes...

Igbos don't have to claim this because It means something in Igbo language.
Udo-eka was corrupted to Udo-ka meaning "second son of his mother". Ime means Patience

He is typically Ibibio

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by AutoRedux: 2:51pm On May 30, 2022
Elimon:

Udoka is an Ibibio name ooo

You are a clown aswear.
What does Udoka mean in ibibio, huh?
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Elimon(m): 3:09pm On May 30, 2022
AutoRedux:

You are a clown aswear.
What does Udoka mean in ibibio, huh?

Read the post above urs and search ur internet... You'll discover that ur brain is too tiny.

Seriously

2 Likes

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by AutoRedux: 3:14pm On May 30, 2022
Elimon:

Read the post above urs and search ur internet... You'll discover that ur brain is too tiny.

Seriously

Mumu man.
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Ubiman(m): 3:15pm On May 30, 2022
Since you've decided to play the ethnicity card, let me remind you that Ime Udoka is from of Etinan Heritage,
a son of Akwa Ibom State, in the South-South region of Nigeria. He's not an Igbo man from the South-East and Akwa Ibom is not part of South-East. Udoka is a name used majorly by both Ibibio and Annang tribes in Akwa Ibomites and some Igbo families. To separate them the Akwa Ibom people sometimes spell theirs as Udoaka. Know this and know peace!

vincentjk:
Behold the wise men of the blessed tribe from the east.

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 30, 2022
Elimon:

Bro I light in Ibiono.... I have uncles and friends who bear Udoka and they're all Ibibiod... Not Igbo.

I am from Akwa Ibom state and Ime Udoka is a common name among indigenes...

Igbos don't have to claim this because It means something in Igbo language.
Udo-eka was corrupted to Udo-ka meaning "second son of his mother". Ime means Patience

He is typically Ibibio

Haaaa!!!!!!! Bros take it easy naaaa It is not true stop all these
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 30, 2022
Rivguydee:

This is so wrong. Must you guys lay claim to everywhere?

Dude there are indigenous igbos in Akwa Ibom i do not need to lie and no one is claiming anything. You are leaving the ones in the north who are claiming everything and blaming an igbo man that just wants his business
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Ubiman(m): 3:20pm On May 30, 2022
There's nothing like indigenous Igbos in Akwa Ibom. We call them settlers. They own no claim to any of the ancestral heritage of the Akwa Ibom territories they squat in. So, stop this nonsense. Do they have their own laws and government that is recognized by the State? Let this your "Indigenous" rubbish end there. Post your sign post anywhere in Akwa Ibom, like you do all over the South East, and tell me what happens after.

obynzo:

2 Likes

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 30, 2022
Ubiman:
There's nothing like indigenous Igbos in Akwa Ibom. We call them settlers. They own no claim to any of the ancestral heritage of the Akwa Ibom territories they squat in. So, stop this nonsense. Do they have their own laws and government that is recognized by the State? Let this your "Indigenous" rubbish end there. Post your sign post anywhere in Akwa Ibom, like you do all over the South East, and tell me what happens after.

Ahhhhh stop these lies. Please read this link below;

https://thesouthernexaminer.com/akwa-iboms-indigenous-igbo-p1668-197.htm

There are indigenous igbos in Akwa Ibom and they are in the minority.
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Ubiman(m): 3:29pm On May 30, 2022
Illiterate Igbos are fond of claiming ethnic superiority over other ethnic groups south of the Niger, especially in the South South region. They claim the achievement of their smaller neighbours as theirs. When Vitalis Udoka emigrated to Portland and suffered, he wasn't Igbo. He never got help from the Igbo community because of course he was one of theirs. But as soon as his son achieved something hooge, he becomes Igbo. Vitalis Udoka, father of Ime Udoka, is an Akwa Ibom man, so that makes Ime Udoka and his sister Akwa Ibom people. Follow the link below for proof.

https://pimiso.com/vitalis-and-agnes-udok-ime-udoka-parents-age-gap-and-family-details

[quote author=Mrexcell post=113309141][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Ilaumoh(m): 3:33pm On May 30, 2022
jaxxy:

igbos are problematic. undecided grin

are yall sure this guy is Igbo cos he sounds akwa-ibom or is anybody who isn't yoruba or hausa automatically igbo??
thats the wey the claim .. The other day one was saying that all the African Americans are Igbo and one wonder which slavery relics are found in the east.. All the slavery activities occurred in Calabar, Akwa ibom , opupo, Bonny island and Lagos
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by abeliver: 3:41pm On May 30, 2022
shame no dey catch these Igbos....see as they are claiming an Akwa Ibom man as their own. lmao
Re: Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals by Ubiman(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2022
So, tell me something because I just read the same article you just did. If my brothers and I migrate from Akwa Ibom to Imo State with our wives and we settle down in a small territory and start breeding and growing our families into small community that maintains its Akwa Ibom heritage, would it be right if we come to Imo State government and tell them we want to be call "The Indigenous People of Ikot Nkanang Ibom" of Imo State? Why should I change the name of a village that's been that of the Igbos for years simply because my forefathers settled there? Why should the Igbos in that community da to reject that Akwa Ibom name given to that community when it does not share boundaries or historically belong to the Igbos? Settling in a business district for years doesn't make it yours. Maps have been drawn and historical documents point to Ukanafun people's ownership of that territory. Stop these lies of yours!
Make person go mount signpost make I see na.

obynzo:

Ahhhhh stop these lies. Please read this link below;

https://thesouthernexaminer.com/akwa-iboms-indigenous-igbo-p1668-197.htm

There are indigenous igbos in Akwa Ibom and they are in the minority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marylove Edwards Emerges 3rd In Tennis Competition In Morocco / Man Utd drop Antony frm squad indefinitely over alleged domestic abuse on ex-gf / Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Germany [3 - 3] 24th Oct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.