Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Semi-atheism or Deism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Semi-atheism or Deism (2017 Views)

Atheism Or Quest For Fame ? / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Or Anti-theism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Semi-atheism or Deism by tEsLim(m): 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2011
WARNING: This post is not meant for everyone to talk inasmuch as you can't contribute constructively or just think you can type insults. This are only my opinions and I'm not here to convince anyone about there religions.

Lookup: Deism in wiki

I grew up to be religious meaning at one point my parents where Muslim, at another time Traditional and lastly Christians. But then I understood little but somewhat preferred Christianity. And one time read the bible Genesis to Revelation twice at the peak of my Christianity. Though the contents of the bible could be very contradictory and all ,  but I believed in some concepts of MORALITY or at one point living life like Christ. Which is the meaning of being Christian. Outside that the bible contains a lot of rubbish i.e stories of hell and heaven. How can I believe in people that believe the earth was a plane at the time of writing those stories? They wrote based on their shallow knowledge of the earth and what was attainable to them at the time. Even the scientist where yet to discover a lot. If they lived in out time and see how we communicate/live now they would call us GODS or SUPER-HUMANS. How could anyone beleive that if they dont believe in certain God they will be condemned to spend eternity in a fiery concentration camp (HELL) ,  then that God is wicked and weak. I wont want to worship such God that just gets angry and kill people or a GOD that is racist that chooses Israelite's as his' favorites

I believe Jesus was a cool guy that came to live life and teach by example. i.e a man with good character anyone should emulate.

MY POINT

Now I do not believe in religions. Millions of people have died in the name of gods/God/religion. And for a very long time its has always been backed by either people interested in financial gains or power (i.e the Vatican). I do not believe in any religion or any pastor/cult leader and I'm comfortable with them regardless of their religious sentiments.

I will accept there is a GOD if the religious people define GOD as anything unexplainable at the moment. or if God meant something that is YET TO BE DEFINED. Cos if there was a God that created the earth then who created GOD?

I've been more peaceful and progressive since I threw out the spiritual bullshit and applying logic. Tackling each challenges directly instead of wasting time with some pastors etc. Well I can say little prayers to the gods of internet like google.com which answers more questions for me these days. Cos there is barely any question I dont get answer to from google.com. Even ifa cannot beat google.com at answers! Since the IFA cowrie interface is difficult to operate and doesn't come with a user manual or easy way to learn.

Number 1 problem with Africans mostly West Africans is their religious SENTIMENTS. They hide behind this and stilll commit a lot of evil. I dont have to believe in gods to know what is right or wrong. And I've seen myself take reasonable and more selfless decisions than the religious people. I wont be surprised if people like Steve Jobs donates all his money before he dies; I can bet that non of the cult leaders would do this and they claim they're men of God.

I titled this post SEMI-ATHEISM because I do not know if I"m an Atheist but I dont believe in religion. Still I'm not moved if other people are religious. At one point I believe even if there was a GOD it would be one and worshiped freely at will without sects. And worshiped as each individual seem fit without discrimination. But this will be impossible.

==============================================================================

APPENDIX: Definition of JESUS by members of urbandictionary

1. Man who was nailed to a plank for saying how nice it would be if everyone was nice to each other. Had his message misinterpreted by millions who now think it is their job to persecute certain groups of people

2. A pretty cool guy whose reputation has been run down by his horrible fan-club. Used by the said fan-club as an excuse to do whatever they decide is “right.”

3. Jesus, is a cool guy who is cooler than nature, enjoys long romantic walks on water, and doesn't get all big-headed about being God's son.

4. Man who was nailed to a tree for stating how good it would be to be nice to each other, for a change.

5.  The protagonist in the second half of best selling fiction novel The Bible written by the award winning author God (a.k.a Boss Mann). During Jesus' journeys, he encountered many challenging tasks, such as turning water into wine, and walking on water. Jesus had to use his cunning and wit to overcome these seemingly impossible tasks. Jesus' life came to a sudden stop when his own people nailed him to a cross. The ending took many God's fans by surprise, as it was unlike him to kill off the main character. God argued that it added emotion to the story. However, the fans were not pleased, so God re-wrote the ending, with Jesus coming back to life to tell everyone it was all gonna be OK. The fans seemed contented. Jesus did not appear in any more of God's hit novels

6. a magician that lived 2000 years ago,fooling the less intelligent and weak.He was the chris angel of his time,the only reason why we dont think chris angel is the son of god is because we understand magic and know its fake but 2000 years ago people werent so smart. The world's first street magician.

7. Star of the fiction work The New Testament. Worshiped by Christians. Yet another magician who never got laid.

8. The world's greatest ever conman. Jesus was the conman every conman since has tried to be  (Adeboye, Oyedipo, Oyakilomeh). His skills were thousands of years ahead of his time which is how he was so convincing. His incredible cons have managed to convince over 1 billion people that he was, in fact, the son of God.

9. A fictional character such as Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny. Or better still a man that once lived and got Idolized like Obatala, Sango, Ogun ,  etc

10. A probably fictional man (a derivative one at that) who lived roughly 2000 years ago. He was said to be the son of god (mostly said by himself). Notable for performing several party tricks, for example turning water into wine, feeding 5000 people with limited supplies and rising from the dead. He had 12 lingers on, a couple of which bleeped him over big style, most notably Judas. Appears heavily in the new testament of the best selling novel “The Bible” which spawned a cult following known as Christians. Sometimes his name may be used as term of mild annoyance or a word to stress other words.
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2011

I will accept there is a GOD if the religious people define GOD as anything unexplainable at the moment. or if God meant something that is YET TO BE DEFINED. Cos if there was a God that created the earth then who created GOD?

I think this should be your focus(as it is mine). People who claim to believe in God, should be able to tell you in a clear, coherent, and meaningful manner what a God IS. If they cannot, then they quite literally do not know what it is they are talking about. If that is the case then it is simply impossible to have a meaningful discussion on the concept of God. You do not know what they are talking about and neither do they.

For example, let us say someone told that a Balmagassa was on your head. You feel your head and you find nothing. You ask them what a Balmagassa is. However, they state it is impossible to define what it is, but vigorously insist that it is on your head. This of course begs the question how could they say anything about a Balmagassa (much less that it is on your head) if they do not know what a Balmagassa is in the first place. The answer is that they cannot.

1 Like

Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by tEsLim(m): 12:03am On Jul 18, 2011
Well for the time being its more logical to accept or it is the truth that there is no GOD for lack of evidence. Therein lies the invention of LIES , THE MAN IN THE HEAVEN/SKY. Is he such a coward not to atleast show is face or some proof?

Definition: GOD

Large angry fairy-pixie in the sky (the man in HEAVEN - what if he's bisexual). Refuses to show any evidence of his existence but will sentence you to an eternity of pain and burning if you do not accept it. - Rap Scholar (ud)

1 Like

Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by alstarmayo(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2011
Lmao at people's defination of Jesus people who doesnt even know 1% of d man and dnt tel me u read d bible 4rm A 2 Z, u cannot know enough just by readin d bible dnt ask me how
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by MeandSum: 3:15am On Jul 18, 2011
alstarmayo:

Lmao at people's defination of Jesus people who doesnt even know 1% of d man and dnt tel me u read d bible 4rm A 2 Z, u cannot know enough just by readin d bible dnt ask me how
And you my friend, what exactly did you learn about Jesus by reading the bible? your legs were shaking i suppose and the spirit was present because you "felt" it? how different is that experience from a teenager reading a J.K. Rollings' book?

"The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church."
--Ferdinand Magellan
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by tEsLim(m): 7:28am On Jul 18, 2011
alstarmayo:

How else you want me/them to learn about Jesus if not from the bible? Oh yeah I read the Quran and the Gnostic Gospels and even Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ which claimed to shed more lights on the lost years of Jesus Christ. Because the bible didn't say anything about him after age 13. Everything just fast forwarded to age 30+.

Its better to live in reality than delusions, denials and ignorance!.
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by alstarmayo(m): 7:43am On Jul 18, 2011
then I see the reason y u cannot believe in jesus. U want it to be reasonable because as it is presently it is nt, bt we av been brain washed into believing dat nd frankly I dont care
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by tEsLim(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2011
alstarmayo:

then I see the reason y u cannot believe in jesus. U want it to be reasonable because as it is presently it is nt, bt we av been brain washed into believing dat nd frankly I dont care

Why would you choose ignorance (I dont care) above everything?
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by MeandSum: 8:50am On Jul 18, 2011
alstarmayo:

So said the brainwashed man LOL smiley
Do me a favor, go to the roof top of your church along with your pastor and remove the lightening rod/thunder catcher, you guys don't need it because you can put all your faith in Jesus to help stop the thunder from striking your congregation. also from today on, close your eyes whenever you're crossing a busy road and put all your trust in the holy spirit. he should guide you through to the other end smiley
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by tEsLim(m): 9:19am On Jul 18, 2011
^^^^
He's faith isn't that strong. That would be suicide he's still a young Christian. The holy spirit belongs to the pastor alone. Only the pastor receive daily email and updates from God to tell the church. Why dont God update me too? Lamers
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by alstarmayo(m): 9:52am On Jul 18, 2011
that would be foolishless because faith does nt work that way Jesus was tempted nd was asked to jump down a building so the angels can carry him but he refused because u dnt put to test
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by tEsLim(m): 10:21am On Jul 18, 2011
^^^^

He refused because he knew he would die from falling instead of being nailed on the plank. And the story would have been different. Even he didn't exercise foolishness why then would the today Christians (he's followers) be foolish even on sickbed some dont use drugs
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by alstarmayo(m): 10:31am On Jul 18, 2011
thats some people personally when am sick i take drugs
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by IdiAmin2(m): 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2011
tEsLim:

^^^^

He refused because he knew he would die from falling instead of being nailed on the plank. And the story would have been different. Even he didn't exercise foolishness why then would the today Christians (he's followers) be foolish even on sickbed some dont use drugs
LOL grin grin grin grin I don die ooo!! I agree with you, the dude obviously knew he would fall to his death. Abeg leave these christians alone rot in their ignorance. Did you read about the pastor that drowned in Ibadan in the 90s, he took his congregation to the river and said he will walk on water because jesus said 'the works that I do shall you do also, and even greater works' grin grin grin. No, or what it the christian that entered the lions cage in Ibadan zoo with a bible in his hand wanting to act Daniel in the Lion's Den grin grin grin The lions tore him from limb to limb hahaha, had good Ibadan red meat for lunch grin grin grin
Re: Semi-atheism or Deism by tEsLim(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2011
Ghandi said: I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Dont be naive. You dont need fairy or imaginary friend to do Good or Evil. We all have the will to choose what we want. If a man does something unique or be different he is seen as being insane if its a multitude its seen as religion. Be liberated fellow NL members. And how foolish are the holy wars? Both Muslims/Christians have fourth several holy wars in the past. Be just people. And you do not need help from some invisible fairy.

Religions as I see them are just elements of mass maniuplation

(1) (Reply)

FREE! FREE!! FREE!!! Season's Greetings Wallpaper / "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians / Bread To The Eater, Seed To The Sower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.