Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

"...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians (2017 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / The End Time Is Come! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
warning !
1 TROLLING OR ANY FORM OF ITS KIND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED HERE[b]
2 ANY ATTEMPT TO DERIAL THE THREAD WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ALL POSTS MUST BE TOPIC RELATED

you have been warned!

i am writing this thread specifically for spirit filled christians to talk about the holy spirit. Before talking on the spirit there's a need to pray. We can't talk about prayer without talking about power and then the holy ghost they are interwined
lets pray

1. Begin now to open your mouth and bind the operations of satan attempting to thwart the work of God. Pray now in the holy ghost. Do you think people just talk again God or attack the children of God ordinarily! No! They are used by the devil! Pray in the holy ghost
2. Pray now that whatever posts that enter this thread, that it would be edifying to the readers, sinners would be convicted, the power of God would move strongly, i would be as the days of pentecost
3. Thank him for answering your prayers
# please endevour to pray these prayers before commenting thank you.#
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
Lemme go first
"But ye shall recieve power after that the holy ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in judea, and samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" Acts 1:8
Here Jesus was talking about the purpose of the holy spirit in the life of a man, it enables him to be an effective witness for the lord halleluyah!
Do you what happens when the holy ghost comes on you? He turns you to another man. He turned peter who was an unlearned man to one of the best orators in isreal
he turned mary an ordinary isrealite woman into the mother of the messiah
one element is common with these people, its power! The greek called it dunamis

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by JESUSISTHEKING(m): 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ooh WOW. Thanx for the Powerful Scripture,may the Spirit of God continues to work in you to deliver of this Work. In Jesus' name AMEN!

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
God bless you my bro.

I have been busy all day and browsing through, i will sure ly be back to contribute.

God bless you again

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
@ all, thanks for dropping by to make some comments, am looking forward to seeing more spirit inspired quotes. I believe from time to time we will be led by the holy ghost to put some things down, We shouldn't hesitate to put down what the holy spirit lays in our heart because our words are powerful, it can change a readers life forever. Please if you have an words of prophecy or visions you will do well to post them in this thread.
GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Goshen360(m): 2:38am On Apr 19, 2013
There is a transition that ended on Pentecost and another began that same day. The Spirit coming UPON was transited to the Spirit FILLING or IN-DWELLING the believers. On Pentecost, a prophesy or promise was fulfilled and from then, it becomes the power that works IN us, not ON us. To have the Spirit come on you is to the showered like under a shower but to have the Spirit IN-DWELL you is to have the RIVERS of LIVING WATERS flow out of you because, out of your belly shall flow rivers of living waters. Glory to God, Praise God!

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Acts 2:3-4

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2013
Isaiah 44:3
"for i will pour water upon him that is thirsty and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring
John 7:38-39
"He that beliveth on me...out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water...but this spake he of the spirit..."

one of the first steps to recieving the holy ghost is to believe in Jesus, when i say believe in Jesus i mean you should accept him as your personal Lord and saviour
secondly you should have a strong desire for the holy ghost.

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2013
So many xtians has had problems with this for so long and can't seem to walk in the supernatural. There is one and selfsame Holy Spirit with different manifestation, there is a spirit within and a spirit upon. This many at times sound confusing but it is not, during the old testament the spirit comes upon selected few and God uses them, but in this dispensation the spirit is within us as Jesus promised.
when anyone accepts Jesus as Lord and savior, the Holy Spirit comes inside of him for without the spirit he can't be a xtian Romans 8:9. It does not end there, for what the spirit within does is to bear in us the fruit of the spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23 and make us like Christ.
When we have received the spirit at salvation and are bearing fruits, we are also called to function in our respective responsibilities, for the bible says it is required in stewardship that a man be found faithful 1 Corinthians 4:2. To do this we need the spirit upon which is the baptism of the Holy Ghost, for the Spirit comes upon us to empower us for service and gives us the gift of the Holy Ghost as found in 1 Corinthians 12.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
God bless you bro,

I will be back to break it down, just had to put something down as i have promised you. But expecting many other anointed comments as bro Goshen'.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2013
Pastor Olu T: So many xtians has had problems with this for so long and can't seem to walk in the supernatural. There is one and selfsame Holy Spirit with different manifestation, there is a spirit within and a spirit upon. This many at times sound confusing but it is not, during the old testament the spirit comes upon selected few and God uses them, but in this dispensation the spirit is within us as Jesus promised.
when anyone accepts Jesus as Lord and savior, the Holy Spirit comes inside of him for without the spirit he can't be a xtian Romans 8:9. It does not end there, for what the spirit within does is to bear in us the fruit of the spirit as found in Galatians 5:22-23 and make us like Christ.
When we have received the spirit at salvation and are bearing fruits, we are also called to function in our respective responsibilities, for the bible says it is required in stewardship that a man be found faithful 1 Corinthians 4:2. To do this we need the spirit upon which is the baptism of the Holy Ghost, for the Spirit comes upon us to empower us for service and gives us the gift of the Holy Ghost as found in 1 Corinthians 12.
could your expantiate more on the above?
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2013
The evidence that one has recieved the baptism of the holy ghost is the supernatural ability to speak in other tongues as the spirit gives us utterance. This is one of the most emphasized gifts of the spirit during the early apostolic era such that it can't be ignored
Acts 19:6, 2:4, 10:46
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 11:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
Yooguyz:
could your expantiate more on the above?

The first thing to understand is that it is one Holy Spirit we have, but though with different manifestations. There is the spirit within and the spirit upon.

When anyone accept Jesus as his Lord and savior, he receives the spirit within which bear fruits. This is not the end, the person needs the baptism of the spirit which is the spirit upon with the manifestation of speaking in tongues with the gift of the spirit.

The spirit upon or baptism of the spirit empowers us for service in the kingdom and its a continuous thing, continuous inviting.

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Jezuspoa: 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2013
I wana ask a quesion, why is it that wen a pastor touches people and they fall down he will say power of the holy ghost?
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
"Likewise the spirit also helpeth our infirmities:..."
romans 8:26.
One other thing the holy ghost does in the life of a beliver is that he helps us overcome our weaknesses, the word infirmities could also be translated as sicknesses, weaknesses. The holy ghost helps us overcome them, your weakness may be a secret sin, it may be a sturborn pain, it may be a long term problem but i have God news for you! The holy ghost is able to take em away if only you just trust in him. The bible says trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Talk to him about that that problem, he can hear he understands you more more than you understand your yourself. Remember his word that says
"they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength..."
isaiah 40:31.
Talk to him about that infirmity today and watch him renew your strength .
I believe this post just ministered to someone.

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Alwaystrue(f): 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
@Yooguyz,
Thanks for this topic. It has further explained the difference in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Thanks to Goshen for His brief.

@Pastor OLU T, you have further analysed this message and broken it down enough for understanding.

The Holy Spirit within the believer is received within when we believe and confess Jesus while the Holy Spirit upon manifests mostly when special works or gifts are to be exhibited. That is why Saul could prophesy, Elijah could run ahead of Ahab who was on a chariot, take Isaiah to a field of dry bones, take Philip to Cornelius etc.
Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 5:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Yooguyz,
Thanks for this topic. It has further explained the difference in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Thanks to Goshen for His brief.

@Pastor OLU T, you have further analysed this message and broken it down enough for understanding.

The Holy Spirit within the believer is received within when we believe and confess Jesus while the Holy Spirit upon manifests mostly when special works or gifts are to be exhibited. That is why Saul could prophesy, Elijah could run ahead of Ahab who was on a chariot, take Isaiah to a field of dry bones, take Philip to Cornelius etc.
Thanks guys.
you are welcome
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Alwaystrue(f): 7:26am On Apr 22, 2013
I mean Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch (not Philip and Cornelius) and the Spirit took Him away.

I believe the Holy Spirit manifests in different ways. We see the infilling and the indwelling. I believe the indwelling yields the fruit of the Spirit and the infilling/'spirit upon' manifests different gifts, the authority and power and boldness. I intend to still do more study.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 11:10am On Apr 22, 2013
Alwaystrue: I mean Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch (not Philip and Cornelius) and the Spirit took Him away.

I believe the Holy Spirit manifests in different ways. We see the infilling and the indwelling. I believe the indwelling yields the fruit of the Spirit and the infilling/'spirit upon' manifests different gifts, the authority and power and boldness. I intend to still do more study.
i recommend this book written by Kenneth Hagin for you.
"the spirit upon and the spirit within"
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
"But if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you...."
Romans 8:11.
A very powerful verse to ponder on, the bible here lets us know that it was the holy ghost that brought Jesus back to life. The ressurection of christ is the most important phenomenon in the history of the human race, no prophet or heros of any kind ever died and resurrected again, that alone proves Jesus is the only link to God, no wonder Paul said if the resurrection never occured, then the gospel would be a fruad. I have good news for you, that force that raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, can you just try to phantom it for a while.....
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess but be filled with the spirit". Ephesians 6:18
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
I am back,

Thank for the Holy Spirit who has been using you all as we look at the topic, the bible says He has given us the spirit as foretaste and guarantee of that which is to come.

God bless you all
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 9:41pm On Apr 24, 2013

Acts 2
1 ¶ And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

It is mostly said in the churches today that it is not compulsory that one speak in tongues when the Spirit comes upon a man, it is important to note that when the Holy Spirit comes upon a man it always comes with the manifestation of tongues. It is worthy of note that they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues when the Spirit first came at pentecost, Mary spoke in tongues as well as James and Peter, if all the member in the group that represent the early church spoke in tongues then why do we not see it as compulsory for us all to speak in tongues when we receive the Holy Spirit?

If we want to be relevant in the kingdom and do exploit, there is no way we can do that without the spirit upon, and it always come with the manifestation of speaking in tongues. The spirit upon empowers us to be relevant in the service of God, the spirit upon releases the grace of God upon us to the fullest hereby making us do that which we will not be able to do naturally ourselves.

The bible says we should desire the best gift and Peter also said in this chapter verses 38-39 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
. In fact without the spirit upon us we will always struggle and live an uninteresting christian life, of a truth the issue of sin and weakness will be long forgotten in your life and you grow up to maturity and start taking strong meat and not milk.

The bible says blessed be God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ who always leads us in daily triumph, the only way we can live victoriously daily in Christ Jesus is to be daily filled with the Spirit, for the spirit upon a believer is a continuous infilling. Lastly Jude says building yourself up in your most holy faith praying in the Holy Ghost, you charge up yourself in the spirit whereby you will always be vibrant, alert and active in the spirit as you always pray in the Holy Ghost or tongues as you may see it.

Though it is not like you are less a christian if you don't speak in tongues, it is just that there a some experiences you will never have and heights you will never attain in the faith.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 9:55am On Apr 25, 2013
The infilling of the holy ghost is a continous thing. Some translation put Ephesians 5:18 as
"...being filled with the spirit". So it's a conscious effort, it's like connecting to unending springs of water
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Alwaystrue(f): 10:24am On Apr 25, 2013
Yooguyz:
i recommend this book written by Kenneth Hagin for you.
"the spirit upon and the spirit within"
Thank you. I am gaining alot of learning from you and Pastor OLU

1 Like

Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2013
Alwaystrue:
you are welcome
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by PastorOluT(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
Alwaystrue:

God bless you sister, but i will like to know, do you speak in tongues?

If yes pls kindly share your experience.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Alwaystrue(f): 1:59pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

God bless you sister, but i will like to know, do you speak in tongues?

If yes pls kindly share your experience.

No. I have been prayed with concerning it but still I did not start praying in tongues. However I am learning that the prayer in tongues goes hand in hand with being filled with the Holy Spirit so much that there is an outpouring or rivers of living water flowing out.

May be I am trying to understand how some people pray in tongue so easily like they know what they are to say as I feel it should be unconscious just like the scripture said 'as the Spirit gave them utterance'.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
Alwaystrue:

No. I have been prayed with concerning it but still I did not start praying in tongues. However I am learning that the prayer in tongues goes hand in hand with being filled with the Holy Spirit so much that there is an outpouring or rivers of living water flowing out.

May be I am trying to understand how some people pray in tongue so easily like they know what they are to say as I feel it should be unconscious just like the scripture said 'as the Spirit gave them utterance'.
offcourse speaking in tongues is unconscious, the holy ghosts gives you language and you speak it, its a co-operative effort between you and the holy ghost.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Alwaystrue(f): 2:17pm On Apr 25, 2013
Yooguyz:
offcourse speaking in tongues is unconscious, the holy ghosts gives you language and you speak it, its a co-operative effort between you and the holy ghost.
I desire the experience and my interest is even the more enhanced now especially with my readings so far and other study.
I was even given a book to read on it. I think it was by Kenneth Hagin who said he too did not get the gift when he was prayed for till he kept at the desire and prayed more on his own....I think that was the story.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Yooguyz: 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
Lemme share my experience, i had been to many pastors to lay hands on me and even prayed on my own for the baptism but yet i didn't speak in tongues, do you know the strangest thing! Also those while prayers were made, i use to feel a strong urge on me to say something i haven't said before. Do you know the problem was? I was expecting a force to move my tongue! One day i came across a book my Hagin titled- the holy spirit and it's gift. From there i understood that a beliver recieves the holy ghost by faith. The moment he asks for the holy ghost he recieves it, all he needs to do is to loosen his tongue.
That day i went 2 ma room and starting praying in English, at 1st it came in little phrases and words then later i just flowed in it.
Re: "...Ye Shall Recieve Power After The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon You" For Christians by Goshen360(m): 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2013
@ Pastor Olu T,

Pastor Olu T:

It is mostly said in the churches today that it is not compulsory that one speak in tongues when the Spirit comes upon a man, it is important to note that when the Holy Spirit comes upon a man it always comes with the manifestation of tongues. It is worthy of note that they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues when the Spirit first came at pentecost, Mary spoke in tongues as well as James and Peter, if all the member in the group that represent the early church spoke in tongues then why do we not see it as compulsory for us all to speak in tongues when we receive the Holy Spirit?

I disagree a little on the context of 'all' as per Acts 2:4. The 'all filled' in that context is limited to 'all those' present in the upper room at the time of the fulfillment. If we teach that all Christians are to or should speak in tongues, then that will contradict this text below,

New Living Translation (©2007)
Do we all have the gift of healing? Do we all have the ability to speak in unknown languages? Do we all have the ability to interpret unknown languages? Of course not! 1 Corinthians 12:30

Again, we MUST not confuse Pentecost with 'spiritual gifts'. That's the problem we have that people don't believe in tongues - Pentecost is a fulfillment of prophesy; it is a SIGN tongue and it is different from GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT as listed in 1 Corinthians. What was spoken on Pentecost was a WELL UNDERSTOOD language of other men or every nation present there\then and those men or nations heard their LITERAL languages spoken by the Apostles WITHOUT learning the languages but 1 Corinthians 14:2 declares, NO MAN UNDERSTANDS THE LANGUAGE SPOKEN BECAUSE ONE IS SPEAKING TO GOD. There's too much confusion going in the church today and we must look critically into every subject very well; God is not the author of our confusion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Pastor's Wife Goes Bra-less, Shows Off Breasts & Hot Legs In Revealing D / Ebola And The Effectiveness Of Pastors / Wat Sex Can Do To Someone Like You (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.