Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Why I Wrote An Open Letter To Pastor Kumuyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Wrote An Open Letter To Pastor Kumuyi (448 Views)

Peter Obi Pays Condolence Visit To Pastor Adefarasin Over Mom's Death / Daddy Freeze: Sowore Reacts To Pastor Ibiyeomie's Outburst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Wrote An Open Letter To Pastor Kumuyi by phemmyutd(m): 11:24am On May 30, 2022
WHY I WROTE AN OPEN LETTER TO PASTOR KUMUYI
I have two reasons as my main motives of writing Pastor Kumuyi publicly regarding the church inviting gospel music ministers and others from outside the church:

1, WHY LOCKING THE CALLING AND MINISTRIES OF THOSE INSIDE AND INVITING THOSE OUTSIDE?
I am not writing this to disregard the man of God and the church of God, but I need clarification, I want to be seated down and opened the pages of Bible to. I am ready for rebuke and correction from the Bible. Deeper Life Bible Church is God’s own church with millions of members from different part of the world, but why does the church or Pastor Kumuyi does not allow many to answer calls of God to fulfill their ministries except within the church? If you have the gift or ministry of music as a member of Deeper Life, you are not allowed to fulfill the ministry, to release album or go beyond the church.

There may be so many youths in Deeper Life Church who have the gift of God for music ministry like or more than Dunsin, Pastor Nathaniel and other music ministers Deeper Life Church has invited for the past 6 months but they will never be able to fulfill their ministries as long they are in Deeper Life, because the church does not allow that. And two questions come to my mind: (i) there are millions of Deeper Life members all over the world, are you saying no single one of them is called by God to fulfill ministry of music like those music ministers you have invited? (ii) If the churches of those music ministers you have been inviting had done like Deeper Life, discouraged and disallowed them to develop their gifts outside church box, would you have been able to invite them today?

As big and as old Deeper Life Bible Church, it cannot produce a single national, let alone, an international music minister, are you saying no single person in Deeper Life Bible Church is destined to fulfill music ministry for this generation? When I was in Deeper Life, my Group of District Pastor said he went to a Deeper Life church in Lagos to minister and a brother led chorus before he ministered, and as the brother was leading choruses in the church, miracles were happening, where is the brother today? What if the church had allowed such people to fulfill their ministries and release albums for millions of people to hear and be blessed? Why does Deeper Life Church lock them up in the church and now inviting those whose churches released and supported? I think charity begins at home. If a man does not give money to take care of his family but goes outside to spray money, is such man a good giver? When you don’t give your own members freedom and support to fulfill their own music ministry and you are busy inviting people outside the church, is that freedom and unity of the body of Christ?

Why is it that in a church of millions only one person is allowed to write and publish Christian books, to produce messages on CD and all others are not destined for such? If you are in Deeper Life, you are not allowed to fulfill any ministry except in the name of Deeper life. God has called and ordained me as an Evangelist to nations before I was born and since I started my Evangelical outreach since 2012, I have reached out to millions of people from different parts of the world on social media and on radio and many have been saved and standing. What if I had remained in Deeper Life? (Since I’m not starting my own church but interdenominational Evangelical outreach) I would have been disallowed and my ministry would have been locked down just like that.

As a Deeper Life member, worker or pastor, you cannot fulfill a music ministry except inside the church’s choir, you cannot fulfill the call of God of book writing except one person, you cannot fulfill God’s call of ministering on radio or interdenominational outreach. Many destinies are locked inside the church and many ordained youths for music, drama, Christian book writing, evangelism are barred from fulfilling destiny because of the policy of the church? How biblical is that in a Bible church when we are not practicing Anti-Christ system of government? Will God be happy with Pastor Kumuyi on the last day for disallowing His members from fulfilling their callings? And if anyone who has the courage to leave the church to start his ministry, the person will be named as a backslider and evil, how biblical is this? Please help me and teach me the Bible.

2, WHY DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH SEES ANY MINISTER OF GOD WHO LEAVES DEEPER LIFE AS ENEMY?
DEEPER Life system does not believe you can be called by God from Deeper Life, they see the person as a backslider and enemy, some speak evil about the person and blackmail them. To some people in Deeper Life, they sound like, “Why did you leave Deeper Life like Demas to join the world?” To them, leaving Deeper life is like leaving Christ.

Since I left Deeper Life Bible Church, I still see my home district as my church, when I travel home, I try to fellowship with them freely that some do not even know Bro Gideon is no more in Deeper Life. I have the phone numbers of 3 of my former pastors and still see them as my pastors in Akure, but last year my former state Youth coordinator and former district pastor blocked me on whatsapp, and what was my offense? Because they got to know I have started preaching the gospel of Christ on radio and online outside Deeper Life Bible Church. Is this gospel of Jesus Christ? Is this practical holiness? Are we running secret cult that anyone who leaves is seen as enemy? How many ministers of God that left Deeper life has ever been invited by Pastor Kumuyi to minister in Deeper Life national programs? Many people who left Deeper Life just to fulfill God’s call were tagged as evil, they were blackmailed and accused with fabricated lies. As a result, many have been demoralized, discouraged and even backslided. If you believe God is calling you to start your ministry outside Deeper Life, if care is not taken, you can commit suicide by the reason of bad and evil news you will be hearing from people you have spent many of years to serve. Is this the gospel of Jesus Christ?

How many people who left Deeper Life that Pastor Kumuyi has gone to visit their churches to see how they are doing in the Lord and encourage them? I read in the Bible about Abraham and Lot. Lot became blessed by the blessing of Abraham, he arrogantly left Abraham and choose the best land for himself. But when Lot got into trouble by his wrong decision, Abraham interceded for Lot several times, Abraham risked his own life to rescue Lot, all because of love. But what do we see in Deeper Life and many ministries today? Our father Abrahams of this generation are rejoicing at the fall of their Lots and some are even praying against their Lots instead of praying or paying the price to rescue their Lots. Are we really practicing Bible here? Are we going to the Bible Heaven or our denominational heaven? If Pastor Kumuyi were to stand before God today, will God tell him well done for his disposition towards all those have left Deeper Life? Is the Holy God happy with Deeper Life Bible Church for the hatred, bitterness and evil expectations they have developed for those who left their church? Is this the gospel of Jesus Christ? Please correct me, I am ready to learn.

WHAT DO I WANT?
Why am I writing all these? What is my motive and expectation? What do I want? I want repentance and reconciliation. Listen, God is not a respecter of anybody. You can spend years laboring, serving God and preaching holiness, but if you don’t live in the love of Christ, all is for nothing. I pray and wish Pastor Kumuyi will encourage and help their youths to fulfill their ministries outside the church and his pastors will be allowed and guided in line with God’s word to express their gifts and calling fully. I pray that Pastor Kumuyi and Deeper Life will call international ministers conference for all ministers of God who branched out from Deeper Life, to reconcile with them, ask them how they are doing in the Lord, pray for them, encourage them in the Lord, and follow up on them like Abraham.

I have never seen any minister who left Deeper Life Bible Church to start his own ministry who does not love Pastor Kumuyi and or who does not see him as his father in the Lord but does Pastor Kumuyi sees them as his sons in the Lord? I don’t know any former Deeper Life minister, no matter how popular, in Nigeria or America, that Pastor Kumuyi will order to appear to his office that the person will refuse. Why does Deeper Life Bible Church see many who left the church as enemies with bitter hatred, why? Where is the gospel of Christ? Where is the love of Christ or we only have love of our denomination? One thing I know for sure is that Heaven belongs to God and not to a denomination and we shall all appear before Him one day!

Gideon Akande, called to be Evangelist.

Re: Why I Wrote An Open Letter To Pastor Kumuyi by duro4chang(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2022
Some years ago when I was a member of the church, a member was punished for producing a gospel music on casette. He was relieved of his post. We were warned not to attend the launch of his music which was a pure gosgel music.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fear Grips Tinubu’s Camp Over Choice Of Oyegun As Head Of APC Screening Panel / Labour Party Website Overwhelmed By Visits. / We Do Imposition Of Aspirants In Lagos / We Don't Want Imposition On US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.