Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,103 members, 7,953,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:57 PM

My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms (3540 Views)

My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) / My Journey Into Svelte Development / My Journey Into React Native (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by 3exe3: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
qtguru:
It took me less than 10 mins to do this and 0 line of code,

so when an entry is entered, it sends an email confirming the Date of Appointment all from a record.

If I were to build this app, it would take me weeks because of other things like Session / Aut
hentication / Data Models

No-code is going to take alot of jobs from Developer's hand, that is processes that can be easily automated

I know how to set up a base .

What should be the next step
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by airsaylongcome: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
qtguru:

Wow that's nice, it's actually from you all, I started looking at stuff like this.

Home Automation is mad sha o. Damned Expensive hobby. I'm on one project like that that when I finish designing it e be like I go pause am first because chip shortage are making some parts over priced

Like you, I like to dabble into a lot of IT related stuff which is why I get triggered when people say all folks in IT are in it for the money

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
3exe3:

I know how to set up a base .

What should be the next step

Learn Scripting, and Automation and you are solid, the rest is buried within clicks and clicks
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by 3exe3: 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2022
qtguru:

Learn Scripting, and Automation and you are solid, the rest is buried within clicks and clicks

Thanks
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2022
3exe3:

Thanks

You're welcome when you learn lt let me know, cuz I want someone trusted I can outsource too.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

As a hobby, yes. Started off by accident. Was fiddling around with Home Automation using HomeAssistant and openHAB when I stumbled on these kinds of automation
Nice!

I like how you tend to do the rarest things in 9ja tech

How do you see automation? Is it harder or easier than software dev or your present work

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by remi1444: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by airsaylongcome: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
DrLevi:

Nice!

I like how you tend to do the rarest things in 9ja tech

How do you see automation? Is it harder or easier than software dev or your present work

Lol@ doing the rarest things in Naija tech. It can be hard and lonely doing that o. When there's no local community to bounce ideas or source items from.

Now to your question about Automation, it's still in its early days here. It simplifies a lot of things but there are still somethings that need humans. Is it harder than Software dev? I don't think using the automation tools are harder, but the tools are designed by devs so at the end of the day devs still remains the queen of tech. Is it harder than my current role as a VOIP engineer? I won't say it is cos a lot of the issues we face requires some human experience to be able to resolve. There's a limit to which automation can be innovative. Automation is however growing and I expect it to start taking a lot of major roles.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 4:30am On Jun 03, 2022
I have been participating in the community so I can be a recognized member and I assisted someone with an Airtable Problem

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by web2331: 6:35am On Jun 03, 2022

poik-p[
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by 3exe3: 11:24am On Jun 03, 2022
qtguru:
I have been participating in the community so I can be a recognized member and I assisted someone with an Airtable Problem

Do you have any available google sheet with Data you can share.

Want to import to airtable base.

So I can perform crud using airtable scripting .

I also need for finding duplicate data
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by 3exe3: 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2022
I keep getting an error of

Field doesn't exist on record

When trying to search for duplicate
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by MadarasBlade(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
qtguru:

Hello bro, good day!

Please i nees to talk privately with you about something, nothing serious though.
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
3exe3:

Do you have any available google sheet with Data you can share.

Want to import to airtable base.

So I can perform crud using airtable scripting .

I also need for finding duplicate data

You can find some demo sheets online, it doesn't have to be serious or google Shopify Sample Import CSV you can import that, kudos to taking it up.
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2022
Today I updated my knowledge on the following:
Grouping Records by Date, Linked Record , App Configuration and hiding fields.

Here is a progress for a client on Upworks

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by Laryfrosh: 4:49am On Jun 09, 2022
madbuk:
Been following from your old diary, just before you changed its name. The ease at which you learn new things Is amazing, I'm still trying to learn devops, so I can transition into it before the year runs out, while juggling my 9 -5 job. Saw this link on a group I'm in. https://airtable.com/shrUtdozQzV0QNrFB
Might be of interest to you.

I really want to know about this devops...
Please let's connect if you don't mind
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by madbuk: 11:17am On Jun 27, 2022
Laryfrosh:

I really want to know about this devops...
Please let's connect if you don't mind
Bro I'm still finding my way also, it's not been easy but you can start with some of these videos to get an idea of it, before taking on any course. my plan is to break into devops with a remote job this year, but you'll hardly see any for entry level. If you can get a mentor, someone who is neck deep into it. This will help alot, I don't at the moment but one has to keep learning.

@op,I hope to talk to you some day. Keep the motivation going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cthla7KqU04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pZ2xmsSDdo

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2022
closed

read articles on dojovader.github.io
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
Published my first Airtable Extension, it is called Steamdeck Base, all it does is use the HowLongID from the record, to scrap information about that Steam Deck game from the text. and it also handles multiple selected records.

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by SimplePlan34: 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2022
All fingers are not equal sha keep thriving guys
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2022
SteamGrid DB for Search done.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
Implemented the Extension UI for Airtable , "borrowed" Ui Design from Dribbble

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
Airtable Development is JS and nothing special anyone can get into it, just consult documentation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aptech Students / Which Udemy Course Do You Need ? / Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.