Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,281 members, 7,846,283 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction (3284 Views)

Ese Oruru's Love Letter To Yunusa Before Abduction Revealed / Photo: Prime Suspect Of Ikorodu Abduction / Lagos School Abduction: Kidnapper Demands N20m Per Student.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by jason123: 9:57pm On Jul 17, 2011
AWKA- THE traditional ruler of Adazi Nnukwu in Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State, Igwe Lawrence Oragwu, kidnapped on June 2, on his way to a church service, is still missing.

Meanwhile, the community has embarked on fasting and prayers, for his abductors to set him free.

Oragwu had, on that fateful day, left with his driver for morning Mass at St. Andrew’s Catholic Church, Adazi. Since there was no service there, he went to the nearby Madonna Catholic Church, Agulu, where there was no service either.

On his way home, some unknown persons were said to have blocked his car at the church’s gate. They beat up his driver and thereafter pushed him out of the car.

The bandits drove away the traditional ruler in his car and since then neither he nor his car had been traced.

When the information reached the community, the people waited for the abductors to name their ransom, but nothing has been heard till date.

His son, a lawyer, has petitioned the police to help find his father, but the police have not got any clue. The member, representing Anaocha 1 constituency in the state House of Assembly, Mr. Ejiofor Ebele, who is from the community, told Vanguard, weekend, that his people were worried as they have been wondering if their traditional ruler was alive.

He said: “Despite all efforts to find the traditional ruler, nothing has been heard, making us to wonder if it was ordinary kidnapping. My appeal to the police is to assist us in finding our traditional ruler who is not a controversial person.”

President-General of the town union, Chief Ben Enemuo, who also spoke to Vanguard, described the incident as a very big challenge to his people, adding that the community had sent several delegations to the police, but have not got a positive answer.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/anambra-monarch-still-missing-45-days-after-abduction/
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by ektbear: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2011
Kidnapping a king, on his way to church?  undecided

Very bold criminals.

jason123:

When the information reached the community, the people waited for the abductors to name their ransom, but nothing has been heard till date.

45 days, no ransom notice? I wonder if the man is still even alive. Maybe he made some powerful enemies who wanted to eliminate him.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by jason123: 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2011
^^^ Let's pray he is OKAY!!!
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by ektbear: 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2011
Amen to that. I certainly don't wish him ill.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by NegroNtns(m): 4:12am On Jul 18, 2011
I wonder if the man is still even alive. Maybe he made some powerful enemies who wanted to eliminate him.

jason123:
^^^ Let's pray he is OKAY!!!

ekt_bear:
Amen to that. I certainly don't wish him ill

Ah, una too late!

Okoro don sell am, Igwe dey Darfur.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by Nobody: 5:00am On Jul 18, 2011
Are you serious?

Where are the NL warriors? A slap to the face if the perpetrators are Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by aljharem3: 5:01am On Jul 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Are you serious?

Where are the NL warriors? A slap to the face if the perpetrators are Fulani herdsmen.

bebe idi u like trouble sha. lets pray he is ok as jason suggested wink
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by Nobody: 5:05am On Jul 18, 2011
alj_harem:

bebe idi u like trouble sha. lets pray he is ok as jason suggested wink

Na, I only pray that they're Fulani herdsmen. Nigeria must daru patapata by force by fire cheesy
Monarch is either part of the plan or dead by now, trust me. Forget the prayer.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by NegroNtns(m): 5:12am On Jul 18, 2011
Lmao!

Seems everytime Igbo mock some event that happened in West, the same thing + more happen at home.

If this wasn't Fulani, probably Ijo
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by Nobody: 5:26am On Jul 18, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Lmao!

Seems everytime Igbo mock some event that happened in West, the same thing + more happen at home.

Ijos are united with the Igbis is what I hear on NL.
Fulani dares ot touch the Igbos is what I hear on NL.

But has to be the Ijos, atleast they released the Ondo monarch. Why have they not yet released this Anambra monarch after 45 days?
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by bashr4: 5:28am On Jul 18, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Lmao!

chai God forbid they are ijaw or fulani grin grin
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by sicily4u: 11:44am On Jul 18, 2011
all this reporters self, is June 2 a Sunday service day ?
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by GSyntax(m): 12:51pm On Jul 18, 2011
@Sicily4u, that was a very good point, though the report did not say Sunday church service, but church service only. It may be the usual catholic everyday morning mass, you know.

All the same, I pray that God will keep the man alive. I wonder what amount of emotional toll this whole event must have exerted on his family!
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by Oscillation(m): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2011
Why would he be in detention for 45 days without any clue, I fear If this is really kidnapping or might have some undertone, who knows?  undecided undecided
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by Emperoh(m): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2011
Waoh!! Kidnap just a shouting distance to my country home!!
Na so people dey carry curse!!!
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by Mkpotu(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2011
@G-Syntax & Sicily4u, it was good point that it wasn't on a Sunday but they are still correct in the sense that that day was ascension day and Catholics all over the world usually have church service like every other Sunday.

As per the incident, its a pity as I know the pains the family is going through likewise the community. I pray he is still alive and in good health.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by kodylicky(f): 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2011
this is really sad
the man's nephew is my friend
and it seriously looks like d man disappeared into thin air
i imagine d family don't want to consider the death option

i pray he is alive
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by hbrednic: 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2011
maybe the man is dead,45 days no be joke
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by collinsJn(m): 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2011
Oragwu had, on that fateful day,
left with his driver for morning
Mass at St. Andrew’s Catholic
Church, Adazi. Since there was no
service there, he went to the
nearby Madonna Catholic Church,
Agulu, where there was no
service either.
In As Much dat I Believe diz Story and Sori 4 d Traditional Ruler and His Family,BUT Hw Come a Traditional Ruler Does Not Know dat d Church In His Community Won't 've Mass Or Sunday Service,Plz U Guys Should Spare Us diz Scrap and Tell Us EXACTLY Wot Happened,Cause I DON'T BELIEVE Dat He Is Not Aware dat A Whole Church In His Domain Won't Officiate Mass dat Sunday.      
May God Deliver You 4rm Ur Kidnappers O Ye Igwe.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by doctokwus: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2011
@collins jr,gud point about his seeming inability 2 know service days.In every community a monarch is probably d 1st 2 know of any activity,wen it will hold or not.1 annoying tin av noticed is dat nlanders don't boda 2 try 2 analyse a story and pick loopholes where it exists,whc hapens in a lot of posts,we seem 2 bliv in dis abracadabra mentality dat tins hapen jst like dat and w/o links.Its eida d story is for a quick sell or it neva hapened in d 1st place,period,from 1 church 2 anoda my foot,a whole igwe.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by dayokanu(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2011
No be small thing oo
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by hackney(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
Another 'people' to come in and snatch a monarch in the east?
People dont understand the mentality of the east when it comes to response to 'foreign' insult.
its not even about power or liver; if there's a slight inkling that its another tribe, its automatically seen as a
deliberate insult to every person that calls himself IGBO. (very personal)
(even women turn up for such fracas)

On the other hand, the momentum wont be so much there to find the monarch if it possibly was done by indigienous rogues.
Thats just how it is.

The kidnapping is likely an inside job or even false.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2011
^^^ Very nice excuse. Better go and find your missing elder.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by ponytail: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
collins Jn:

Oragwu had, on that fateful day,
left with his driver for morning
Mass at St. Andrew’s Catholic
Church, Adazi. Since there was no
service there, he went to the
nearby Madonna Catholic Church,
Agulu, where there was no
service either.
In As Much dat I Believe diz Story and Sori 4 d Traditional Ruler and His Family,BUT Hw Come a Traditional Ruler Does Not Know dat d Church In His Community Won't 've Mass Or Sunday Service,Plz U Guys Should Spare Us diz Scrap and Tell Us EXACTLY Wot Happened,Cause I DON'T BELIEVE Dat He Is Not Aware dat A Whole Church In His Domain Won't Officiate Mass dat Sunday.
May God Deliver You 4rm your Kidnappers O Ye Igwe.

It’s not impossible actually. It’s not peculiar for catholic churches in eastern villages not to have fixed masses. This is because, though there may be a constructed church building in a village, it might not be a parish with a live-in reverend father. The difference being that mostly only parishes with live-in reverend fathers have fixed masses; especially in the villages.

Most catholic churches in the East are out-stations of some other parish which may be a reasonable distance away. Typically, the reverend father for one parish would do the rounds saying mass at various out-stations in one day. And even if you had prior notice that the reverend father would be coming your village church at a particular time. If he was called away unexpectedly, or had car trouble getting from one village to the next, then there would be no church in several out-stations that day.

So it’s possible that the victim went to his own village church, and upon hearing that there would be no mass [probably as scheduled] that day, and decided to try his luck in another village.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by olisa1010: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
While condemning the abduction of chief Oragwu by kidnappers. i wish to correct some info here, which is that Chief Oragwu is NOT THE TRADITIONAL RULER OF ADAZI NNUKWU as ascribed to him by vanguard. I am from that area.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by sicily4u: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2011
Gunmen kidnap traditional ruler Lawrence Oragwu, 82, in Adazi Nnukwu, Anambra State

June 4, 2011

Map of Nigeria highlighting Anambra State

On 3 June, an armed gang kidnapped Chief Lawrence Oragwu, the traditional ruler of Adazi Nnukwu in Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra State. Chief Oragwu is aged 82.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the incident which happened at about mid-day at Nwagu market in Agulu community, occurred while the octogenarian was attending an official function.

Local sources said the kidnappers had laid ambush for the traditional ruler who left his palace in a Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV). They also said the kidnappers shot into the air to scare people away before whisking Igwe Oragwu away”.

The spokesman of the Anambra Police Command, Mr Emeka Chukwuemeka, confirmed the incident, saying six persons had been arrested in connection with it. Chuwuemeka said: “I assure you that the police will fish out the fleeing members of the kidnap gang that has been terrorising the residents of the state”.

http://saferafricagroup.com/2011/06/04/gunmen-kidnap-traditional-ruler-lawrence-oragwu-82-in-adazi-nnukwu-anambra-state/
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by lagcity(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2011
ha! trust our okoro brothers, they've buried the poor man at okija. na today?
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by collinsJn(m): 9:31pm On Jul 18, 2011
It’s not impossible actually. It’s
not peculiar for catholic churches
in eastern villages not to have
fixed masses. This is because,
though there may be a
constructed church building in a
village, it might not be a parish
with a live-in reverend father.
The difference being that mostly
only parishes with live-in
reverend fathers have fixed
masses; especially in the villages.
Most catholic churches in the East
are out-stations of some other
parish which may be a
reasonable distance away.
Typically, the reverend father for
one parish would do the rounds
saying mass at various out-
stations in one day. And even if
you had prior notice that the
reverend father would be
coming your village church at a
particular time. If he was called
away unexpectedly, or had car
trouble getting from one village
to the next, then there would be
no church in several out-stations
that day.
So it’s possible that the victim
went to his own village church,
and upon hearing that there
would be no mass [probably as
scheduled] that day, and decided
to try his luck in another village.

Guy U 're Not Just Making Any Sense @ ll. 4rm d Story,Do U Really Understand wot d Writer Is Trying 2 Make Us Believe. A Whole Igwe Bin Ignorance Of Wen d Church He Attends Holds dere Weekly Activities ? If He Is Ignorance Of d Church In His Domain,TELL Me,Hw He Is Going 2 Kip Track Of d Other Church Activities In a Neighbouring Village ? Damn It,END Of Discussion.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by mathskill: 12:48pm On Jul 19, 2011
New tactic by bokoharam to instill fear in southern-christian nigeria.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by NegroNtns(m): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2011
Ahah, Collins jn nah wa for u o. I laugh so tey my belle ache. Just shut up and make no more comment ok!

Anybody get the Igwe picture? I want try see if my people fit locate am for Mogadisu.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by Gbenge77(m): 7:00am On Jul 21, 2011
Kidnapping seems to be a lucrative business in that part of the country.
Re: Anambra Monarch Still Missing 45 Days After Abduction by beespak7(m): 11:44am On Jul 21, 2011
cant they track his gsm tru gps? It might lead the cops to where he is

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drug War In Lagos Island / Eiye Vs Vikings today wedsday in Delta - start running immediately / Efcc Arrests Girl In The Church; Here's Why (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.