Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

My Advice To Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Advice To Peter Obi (267 Views)

Saraki Reacts To Peter Obi's Performance At VP Debate. Ogundamisi Laughs / Father Mbaka Apologizes To Peter Obi Publicly, Begs For Forgiveness / A Letter To Peter Obi By Meshack Katuka, Kaduna Ex Corper Who Served In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advice To Peter Obi by Saifullah01: 4:04pm On May 30, 2022
First, a message to his followers: no insults please.

I can see Peter Obi has a large online following, that is good, because politics is also about popularity. His supporters promote him as a man of integrity, honesty, and a perfect gentleman. These are also traits we desperately need in our politics today.
But wether or not this online popularity translates to actual votes is something yet to be seen.

So here are my humble submissions

1. Peter Obi has the potential to become a "phenomenon" in Nigeria's politics- but does he have the patience? Buhari (never mind the failure he has become) gave contesting a shot for 3 times or more, Atiku they say has been contesting since 1992! Is Peter Obi ready to do the time? Make no mistake, it will take a miracle for him to be a runner up not to speak of winning the contest in the coming general election

2. Politics is about building bridges. Although this is his first shot at the office in a general election he needs to work on building strong and lasting alliances in the south west and North as a whole. Currently he is lacking that.

3. Get your house in order. Obi needs a strong support base in the south east itself. During the 2019 elections he did not have the support of the entire South east (or at least the political elite) when he was VP. Currently he has an impressive online followership, but like I said earlier it is yet to be seen whether these are resident Nigerians with actual PVC or automated bots in the diaspora. The general election will show that

4. Sell yourself. I don't know if it's because of lack of it or just a failure on the part of his handlers but there seems to be absence of tangible, strategic achievements by him when he was in office. Although this will not hurt his chances but if they are available it will help to win over more people

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: My Advice To Peter Obi by Orubebe01: 4:06pm On May 30, 2022
Re: My Advice To Peter Obi by successmatters(m): 4:06pm On May 30, 2022
Valid points. Well done.

Am sure Obi understands all these concerns and will be on guard, he is a successful businessman foe a reason. We expect his business acumen to come into play in the run up, he should know how to sell himself. So far, he hasn't disappeared anyone.
Re: My Advice To Peter Obi by fulaniHERDSman(m): 4:06pm On May 30, 2022
cool
Opinion of a good Citizen. I agree with one or two points there.
People should stop insulting others for their views.
Well done.
Re: My Advice To Peter Obi by helinues: 4:11pm On May 30, 2022
If Obi can prepare himself for 2027 election, he has more chance then than 2023 election
Re: My Advice To Peter Obi by successmatters(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2022
helinues:
If Obi can prepare himself for 2027 election, he has more cancel then than 2023 election

No harm in trying, he better put in a string showing now, then return in 2027 if he doesn't win.
Re: My Advice To Peter Obi by Saifullah01: 6:50pm On May 30, 2022
He would have to fight the urge of going for VP if called upon

(1) (Reply)

2023 Presidential Poll / PVC Is Not The Major Problem / See The 10 Largest Tribes In Nigeria!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.