Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel (1408 Views)

Buhari Threatens Niger Delta Militants, Says Defeating Them Won’t Be Tough / Buhari Threatens To Back Out Of Abuja Accord / Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by MAYOWAAK: 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2011
Barely a week after his appointment as chief spokesman for President Goodluck Jonathan, Reuben Abati is having his first taste of political and legal heat. Muhammadu Buhari, former military head of state and presidential candidate for Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), has threatened to drag Mr. Abati, until recently a columnist as well as chairman of the editorial board of the Guardian, to court for an alleged libel.

Mr. Buhari is miffed over a column Mr. Abati penned alleging that Mr. Buhari's campaign slogans were the cause of the post-election violence after the April 2011 presidential polls.

In a letter sent to Abati by Tope Adebayo, Mr. Buhari gave the new presidential aide one week to retract the libelous column or face a libel suit.

In a statement that accompanied the letter, Buhari's spokesperson, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, said that all those who peddled falsehood against the former head of state must pay for their actions, adding that Mr. Abati is one of such individuals.

Prior to Mr. Abati’s appointment as presidential spokesman to Mr. Goodluck Jonathan, he wrote a series of columns in the Guardian that were apparently in preparation for his recent appointment. It was in one of the pro-Jonathan columns that he made the allegations against Mr. Buhari.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/post-election-violence-buhari-threatens-sue-reuben-abati-libel
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by hakanai(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2011
Simple that is what Buhari should have done a long time ago and made cool money with all the peddling of crap by some azz licking PDP goons.In short not retract,just go straight to court and sue his bloody lying azz to brokenness.
Every time lays back and people keep building on there sentiments and misguide mind set.Take the case to them. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by MAYOWAAK: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2011
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by Eziachi: 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2011
So Abati has become another cheap Nigerian amala journalist?
By the way, has anyone seen or heard from Pini Jason? He was another critic with pen who on a first call to chop drooped his pen and joined the dethrowned Ohakim in Imo in 2007.
Give it two years Abati will come back with his pen again trying to convince himself like Adeniji, that he accepted the job for the betterment of you and I. Banza!!
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by henry101(m): 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2011
When is Buhari going to sue our own BEAF too. We are waiting,
If He sues Abati, then I will sue him for inciting violence, I got evidence too,
So his brain tells him now that there is a court eeehhhh, Probably He's aiming for a world record, I think only our very precious Gani(SAM) holds the title ", lol,
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by Eziachi: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2011
henry101:

If He sues Abati, then I will sue him for inciting violence, I got evidence too,
So his brain tells him now that there is a court eeehhhh, Probably He's aiming for a world record, I think only our very precious Gani(SAM) holds the title ", lol,
Who told you that Abati couldn't be BEAF?
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by henry101(m): 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2011
Eziachi:

Who told you that Abati couldn't be BEAF?

hmmm ok o,
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by Rhino5dm: 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2011
Bahuri was in court with OBJ for almost 30 months, was also in court with Yaradua to the supreme court, even when the northern his kinsmen advice him not to do so and he probe them that "why haven't you guys advice me to withdraw my case against OBJ?" and none of them could answer that. . . .so find another line of lies to tow. Don't make your self look like a beer parlour patron.

That man beleives in Justice from the courts of law. Not like your thugging blood thirsty PDP.
henry101:

Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by henry101(m): 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Bahuri was in court with OBJ for almost 30 months, was also in court with Yaradua to the supreme court, even when the northern his kinsmen advice him not to do so and he probe them that "why haven't you guys advice me to withdraw my case against OBJ?" and none of them could answer that. . . .so find another line of lies to tow. Don't make your self look like a beer parlour patron.

That man beleives in Justice from the courts of law. Not like your thugging blood thirsty PDP.

Who was showed their thuggery/jihad style after the election? PDP? hmmmmm
So he now believes in justice, ok o.
BTW, I am not a PDP member.
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 18, 2011
Isnt this the same Abati who was among the panels of the presidentail debate on NTA?
Now appointed by GEJ shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria i hail o cheesy cheesy
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by NegroNtns(m): 12:52am On Jul 18, 2011
Bouke,

Our democracy exist in name, not in principle. Lol!

Somebody shout CONFLICT OF INTEREST!!
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by NegroNtns(m): 12:55am On Jul 18, 2011
The only persons worth considering for Nigerian Presidential seat; these persons are also the only ones that will change me from anti-One Nigeria to pro-One Nigeria:

Buhari
Fashola
Okonjo-Iweala
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 18, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

The only persons worth considering for Nigerian Presidential seat; these persons are also the only ones that will change me from anti-One Nigeria to pro-One Nigeria:

Buhari
Fashola
Okonjo-Iweala
Buhari and Fashola will never be presidents of Nigeria
Okonjo-Iweala? , hmm, let's wait and see
Re: Post Election Violence: Buhari Threatens To Sue Reuben Abati For Libel by hakanai(m): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2011
^^^ You are so driven by ethnic mindset.I tell you if today Fashola steps out he will get my vote if he maintains standard and vision.

(1)

How Anambra Univeristy Students Conquered The World In UK / How $8.6m Weed(ganja,marijuana) Left Kotoka International Airport,accra,ghana / The Politics Of Cement Pricing May Prevent Many Nigerians From Building A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.