Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? (1045 Views)

Nigeria Programmers Social Group I.e Whatsapp , Discord Etc / I'm Leaving Nairaland But Not Without A Gift For ALL Programmers! / See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Codingenthusias: 6:45pm On May 30, 2022
Okay so, few weeks ago, I made a post requesting for a PHP programmer who can implement the email validation functionality.

This job, wasn't mine (since I'm a front end developer myself).

I referred him to the client who requested the job, and he was paid for half of the job even before he started.

Few weeks down the line, he had not implemented any of the features.

Yet, they keep on complaining about not seeing jobs.

If anything, I've learnt to not post any subsequent jobs on nairaland undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Unseen(m): 6:47pm On May 30, 2022
Most of them are claiming what they're not.
He's probably looking for the PRO to outsource the job to
Or
He's a scammer

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by sherylbaky(f): 7:04pm On May 30, 2022
Unseen:
Most of them are claiming what they're not.
He's probably looking for the PRO to outsource the job to
Or
He's a scammer
That's exactly what they do, they will not know something and they will have the gut to accept the job contract. They will later end up looking for a professional to help them out. The Problem is not to find PRO, problem usually starts wen the PRO charges more than what they expect which in most time is usually more than what they charged initially.

If he's a scammer, he wouldn't still be chatting op. Op just give him some time, e fit don hook am for neck

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Codingenthusias: 7:10pm On May 30, 2022
[quote author=sherylbaky post=113320607] That's exactly what they do, they will not know something and they will have the gut to accept the job contract. They will later end up looking for a professional to help them out. The Problem is not to find PRO, problem usually starts wen the PRO charges more than what they expect which in most time is usually more than what they charged initially.

If he's a scammer, he wouldn't still be chatting op. Op just give him some time, e fit don hook am for neck[/quoti wish I asked for his GitHub repo before referring him.

I guess that was were I messed up.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by vinceyinnovation: 7:14pm On May 30, 2022
[quote author=Codingenthusias post=113320753][/quote]

His life has not remained the same since the job enter his life...

If it was content writing they would have offered your work as a test to naive wannabe content writers to sweat their life off.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Nobody: 12:21am On May 31, 2022
Lol grin

Naso we
Codingenthusias:
Okay so, few weeks ago, I made a post requesting for a PHP programmer who can implement the email validation functionality.

I referred him to the client who requested the job, and he was paid for half of the job even before he started.

If anything, I've learnt to not post any subsequent jobs on nairaland undecided undecided undecided

Lol
You can try asking for the challenges he's facing ,there are times things don't work as usual (but i doubt this Email integration will ever be an issue). It takes not more than an Hour to do this lol.

Ask him if there's a problem. You can ask for refund if his replt is inconsequential
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Nobody: 1:00am On May 31, 2022
It's one of those disgusting Nairaland quacks with titles like "Coding at good rates"

As if it's crayfish business

It annoys me

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Elonmusk1: 3:46am On May 31, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Maclink288: 7:52am On May 31, 2022
Codingenthusias:

True. Though these days we have to look before we leap.

Please bro, if you have any UI/UX design job kindly refer me, maybe the payment would be mid way into the project design. That way I could prove my competence to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by silento(m): 7:58am On May 31, 2022
not all programmers
u picked a middle man to do a work for u
alwwys go through someones previous posts before giving them work
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Sheriman(m): 9:07am On May 31, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
It's one of those disgusting Nairaland quacks with titles like "Coding at good rates"

As if it's crayfish business

It annoys me
Lol.. funny coding at good rates like if programming is food they are selling in the market.
They don't know anything about developing responsive website they are just looking looking for gullible people to scam
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Tunechi5(m): 9:19am On May 31, 2022
U for use escrow
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Karleb(m): 6:32pm On May 31, 2022
I really wonder how everyone bids on jobs, never knew this is what they do.

It's same on upwork and co.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by fnep2smooth(m): 7:05pm On May 31, 2022
I remember applying for the job... Lol.
Na wa o
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Xinjin: 7:23pm On May 31, 2022
Give him more time lol. next time try interview if his done something similar.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by thursdayfri: 8:19pm On May 31, 2022
Codingenthusias:

I am guessing it's a CodeIgniter 3 job vox I get those gig alot
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by tope6217: 9:22pm On May 31, 2022
For this simple task he cant do it haaaaa ogaa ooo
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by tollyboy5(m): 11:49pm On May 31, 2022
thursdayfri:

I am guessing it's a CodeIgniter 3 job vox I get those gig alot
I use to see some wonderful code on codeigniter. I only know Laravel for now, I'll like to learn codeigniter it seems it's more similar to raw php compared to Laravel
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by tollyboy5(m): 11:56pm On May 31, 2022
sherylbaky:
That's exactly what they do, they will not know something and they will have the gut to accept the job contract. They will later end up looking for a professional to help them out. The Problem is not to find PRO, problem usually starts wen the PRO charges more than what they expect which in most time is usually more than what they charged initially.

If he's a scammer, he wouldn't still be chatting op. Op just give him some time, e fit don hook am for neck
As a programmer ive written lot of code and crude app but yet to get professional task.
One of my bro requested an E-commerce website. Base on my experience, I don't like charging base of family stuff. I stake amount that will do the job perfectly.
So I told him 45k to 50k .
I explained that I'll do it to improve my Laravel skills more. I'll upload the website to reliable servers and make a very friendly admin dashboard easier to understand compared to WordPress.

He was thinking e-commerce should cost 15k lol
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by LikeAking: 1:59am On Jun 01, 2022
Op calm down.

Hw much u pay am sef?
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by Codingenthusias: 2:58am On Jun 01, 2022
LikeAking:
Op calm down.

Hw much u pay am sef?

I did not ask my client how much he paid him.

I only referred him to someone, and what I get at the end, was insults from him
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by PaulJqmes: 7:46am On Jun 01, 2022
Codingenthusias:

Sorry about your experience with him boss. for first timers i can start by
Completing the job then you pay me after the work is done, just to establish a good working relationship.
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by 3exe3: 7:50am On Jun 01, 2022
Sorry man probably he has other gigs too you never can tell...but one good practice is always to keep to your yes.

I code in php too
Re: Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? by sherylbaky(f): 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
tollyboy5:

As a programmer ive written lot of code and crude app but yet to get professional task.
One of my bro requested an E-commerce website. Base on my experience, I don't like charging base of family stuff. I stake amount that will do the job perfectly.
So I told him 45k to 50k .
I explained that I'll do it to improve my Laravel skills more. I'll upload the website to reliable servers and make a very friendly admin dashboard easier to understand compared to WordPress.

He was thinking e-commerce should cost 15k lol
This is funny grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Vb.net Webpage Value Transfer / Fortran Programming / Help I Need C Compiler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.