Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel (1988 Views)

Fuel Subsidy: Does A Car Consume More Fuel With AC Turned On? CHATGPT Answers. / My EOD Consume 2 Litres Fuel For 21.3km / Which One Save More Fuel Btw Corolla 2009 And Corolla 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 4:40am On May 31, 2022
I bought 18 litres and snap pix of odomoter. After driving for some time, thats uyo to ikot ekpene and back to uyo. The orange light now showed. So I snap it again. Want to know if is fuel efficient or I have to fix something. Below are the pix before buying fuel 18 litres and after driving.

Help will be appreciated

Car is Honda Accord EOD 04. V4

Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Dozieson(m): 5:32am On May 31, 2022
About 57miles with 18liters. That 91km with 18liters. That should be 5km/l. This not good.

Is the guage of the second picture same before you bought the 18liters fuel?

1 Like

Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 5:53am On May 31, 2022
Dozieson:
About 57miles with 18liters. That 91km with 18liters. That should be 5km/l. This not good.

Is the guage of the second picture same before you bought the 18liters fuel?
first pix is before I bought the 18 litres and second is when the orange light showed up, to show that I still have like 4 litres left
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 5:54am On May 31, 2022
Pls I need suggestions on how to resolve it
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by ITbomb(m): 6:03am On May 31, 2022
18 ltrs, I'm assuming it's 3k to 3.5k fuel

3k fuel takes me from Uyo to IK and back and I still drive around and use it till the following day.
Something is wrong
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by osato45: 6:12am On May 31, 2022
11miles/gallon, and you did a highway travel, is your check light on, if it is then do a scan and check the codes stored in it.
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Dozieson(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2022
Pelicanmedia:
first pix is before I bought the 18 litres and second is when the orange light showed up, to show that I still have like 4 litres left

You mean car consumes more than 18l for 91km? That is too much. Should use 10l at most for that distance. Scan the car for codes to know the issues
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 9:06am On May 31, 2022
Electrician just check this morning and notice both sensors are not working. One as been riped off and the other not connected. Should that be the cause?.

Went to ladipo each sensor tokunbo cost 10k. Will this solve the problem
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 4:43pm On May 31, 2022
Front page pls
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Dozieson(m): 7:37pm On May 31, 2022
Pelicanmedia:
Electrician just check this morning and notice both sensors are not working. One as been riped off and the other not connected. Should that be the cause?.

Scan your car. Dont repair anything until you scan
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by homeboy205: 8:50pm On May 31, 2022
Pelicanmedia:
Front page pls

Calm down or mechanic go knack you apako
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 11:20am On Jun 01, 2022
homeboy205:

Calm down or mechanic go knack you apako
ok
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by HenryWilliams(m): 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2022
Pelicanmedia:

do a scan and see if it indicates o2 sensor malfunction.
you can connect the sensors, clear your codes and go for another ride and revert.
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Peppermintflav: 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Pelicanmedia:

Yes that can be the cause. Especially the upstream sensor, that's the one that sees about fuel mix..
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
HenryWilliams:

do a scan and see if it indicates o2 sensor malfunction.
you can connect the sensors, clear your codes and go for another ride and revert.
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by osato45: 8:21am On Jun 24, 2022
Pelicanmedia:
I bought 18 litres and snap pix of odomoter. After driving for some time, thats uyo to ikot ekpene and back to uyo. The orange light now showed. So I snap it again. Want to know if is fuel efficient or I have to fix something. Below are the pix before buying fuel 18 litres and after driving.

Help will be appreciated

Car is Honda Accord EOD 04. V4
so any update
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 10:39am On Aug 19, 2022
Still on it
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by thiefnubu(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2022
Pelicanmedia:

First start from the simple before going all Complicated.

Check all your Tyres' pressure.. If below 40, Guage it up to 40psi.. Of course do that after you are sure the tyres have no leakage..

Low Tyre pressure can seriously negatively affect vehicle mpg due to the fact that tyres with low pressure creat a lot of drag and put unnecessary stress on the engine.. Same way binding brakes, or a failing compressor can also affect mpg.

That goes without saying that you might as well check for binding brakes and a stiff compressor, before you go probing deeper in your engine.

1 Like

Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
Thanks
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Conner44: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
If your O2 sensors are bad then change them. A normal eod goes 9kms/ltr around town and much more on highways.
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2022
I used 2 litres for 21.3km yesterday having doing servicing, tires 40, clean injector, service airflow and fix my other fan, two fans now working. But yet to fix both sensors. Do I still need to
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2022
Conner44:
If your O2 sensors are bad then change them. A normal eod goes 9kms/ltr around town and much more on highways.
so 21.3km on 2 litres is good or bad was on high way
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Conner44: 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2022
Pelicanmedia:
so 21.3km on 2 litres is good or bad was on high way

On a highway it’s normal fuel consumption.

But since your oxygen sensors are not working you will continue to have terrible fuel management in the city traffic.

So unless you plan to always be driving in highways you’d better do something about your sensors.
Re: Want To Know If My Eod Consume More Fuel by Pelicanmedia: 5:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
Conner44:

On a highway it’s normal fuel consumption.

But since your oxygen sensors are not working you will continue to have terrible fuel management in the city traffic.

So unless you plan to always be driving in highways you’d better do something about your sensors.
thanks, think I will try and fix my sensors. Hope is helps in fuel usage

(1) (Reply)

Golf 5 ..manual, Diesel Engine. Goes For 800.. / 1999 Model Toyota Camry Vrs 1999 Model Honda Crv / Change Of Ownership Procedures Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.