Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria (4056 Views)

Did Tinubu Pioneer ECONET, TSA, Economic Summit In Nigeria? Fact Check / APC Screening: Tinubu Speaks On Bringing ENRON And ECONET To Nigeria / Nigeria’s Foreign Assets At Risk As Enron Seeks To Enforce $22m Arbitration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by MrPristine: 9:53am On May 31, 2022
In his characteristic manner, Tinubu made two statements that were pure lies at the screening of APC presidential aspirants yesterday, the first lie was that he brought Enron to Nigeria while the second lie is that he brought Econet to Nigeria.

While I won't accuse the geriatric of deliberately telling lies because of the obvious dementia symptoms that he has been exhibiting over the years, I will set the records straight.

Concerning Enron, after the company went bankrupt in 2001 some of their disused equipment were put of for sale. Lagos state government under the leadership of Tinubu without doing due diligence bought one of their old power plants.

This power plant was diesel powered, obsolete and very expensive to run and as a result of this they couldn't reach an agreement to integrate it into the national grid and it ended up being a wasted investment. It is dubious to claim that you brought a company that was already bankrupt to Nigeria just because you bought obsolete and disused equipment from them.

On the issue of Econet, Tinubu never played any role in bringing the company to Nigeria, the credit belongs to Bolaji Balogun and Strive Masyiwa who worked together to bring the company to Nigeria.

Lagos state government only invested in Econet after they got their operating license and needed funds to rollout. Delta state and a good number of other institutional investors also joined in investing in the company so it's very fraudulent for Tinubu to claim that he brought Econet to Nigeria just because Lagos state government joined others in investing in the company.

Even though I didn't expect any better given his questionable character, one would have expected that a man of his age and experience would not resort to obvious lies that can be easily exposed in his desperation to achieve his lifetime ambition.

If indeed he had any real achievements after his 23 years hegemony in Lagos state, he won't have had to resort to lies to market his presidential hallucinations. Let's all remain vigilant.

Cc: seun lalasticlala

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by lekanamisu: 9:59am On May 31, 2022
Na you bring them?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Bravetunde: 10:01am On May 31, 2022
We all know the corrupt thievenybu is the father of liarrs.
Thievenybu you shall be president of only cowords, backstabbetrs and ritualisst not nigerians

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by shigishege: 10:33am On May 31, 2022
Na Peter obi bring them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by foryourmind: 10:34am On May 31, 2022
shigishege:
Na Peter obi bring them
At least he doesn't go about claiming what he didn't do.

Thiefnubuu the criminal is even worse than I thought.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Massiveglory: 10:40am On May 31, 2022
If tinubu mistakenly becomes president, it will be the biggest calamity to hit the green white green in recent history.
No matter how good the deputy is , if the head is not well, the country will collaspe. You see what is happening with Biden as president of the United States, that is where nigeria is heading to with chief Tinubu.
Use your tongue to count your teeth and salvage the nation. Nigeria cannot afford a pmb or Biden promax.

26 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Tangana: 10:42am On May 31, 2022
mmmmhhh
Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by frowland(m): 10:43am On May 31, 2022
Massiveglory:
If tinubu mistakenly becomes president, it will be the biggest calamity to hit the green white green.

Same with Atiku I suppose

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by helinues: 10:46am On May 31, 2022
Oya tell us who brought those companies to Nigeria Mr Sabinus

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Akponmfet: 10:48am On May 31, 2022
Uso ake Ben Enron ye Econet adi Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Nbote(m): 10:51am On May 31, 2022
helinues:
Oya tell us who brought those companies to Nigeria Mr Sabinus

Sometime I wonder if it is pap some of U have in ur heads. Someone has stated the facts he knows about the issue and yet Ur eyes couldn't make out what he wrote abi?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Pakute: 10:53am On May 31, 2022
I believed him because he was signing so many of the deals long before he became a Governor.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by helinues: 10:53am On May 31, 2022
Nbote:

Sometime I wonder if it is pap some of U have in ur heads. Someone has stated the facts he knows about the issue and yet Ur eyes couldn't make out what he wrote abi?

Having pap for head still good than having empty head. Who brought those companies to Nigeria?

As hatred won't allow you lots to reason with your brain

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Upworkwriter007(f): 10:55am On May 31, 2022
m
Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Iwalk: 11:01am On May 31, 2022
MrPristine:
In his characteristic manner, Tinubu made two statements that were pure lies at the screening of APC presidential aspirants yesterday, the first lie was that he brought Enron to Nigeria while the second lie is that he brought Econet to Nigeria.

While I won't accuse the geriatric of deliberately telling lies because of the obvious dementia symptoms that he has been exhibiting over the years, I will set the records straight.

Concerning Enron, after the company went bankrupt in 2001 some of their disused equipment were put of for sale. Lagos state government under the leadership of Tinubu without doing due diligence bought one of their old power plants.

This power plant was diesel powered, obsolete and very expensive to run and as a result of this they couldn't reach an agreement to integrate it into the national grid and it ended up being a wasted investment. It is dubious to claim that you brought a company that was already bankrupt to Nigeria just because you bought obsolete and disused equipment from them.

On the issue of Econet, Tinubu never played any role in bringing the company to Nigeria, the credit belongs to Bolaji Balogun and Strive Masyiwa who worked together to bring the company to Nigeria.

Lagos state government only invested in Econet after they got their operating license and needed funds to rollout. Delta state and a good number of other institutional investors also joined in investing in the company so it's very fraudulent for Tinubu to claim that he brought Econet to Nigeria just because Lagos state government joined others in investing in the company.

Even though I didn't expect any better given his questionable character, one would have expected that a man of his age and experience would not resort to obvious lies that can be easily exposed in his desperation to achieve his lifetime ambition.

If indeed he had any real achievements after his 23 years hegemony in Lagos state, he won't have had to resort to lies to market his presidential hallucinations. Let's all remain vigilant.

How do u know all dis?did u work with the two companies
Do u know who Bolaji Balogun is?
Most times Govt use an individual to seal deals
dont b sentiment get ur fact clear Oga
weda Tinubu or Osibanjo,i no fit vote for Atiku.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by fyneguy: 11:08am On May 31, 2022
MrPristine:

An epistle of crap

I thought you would tell us how both companies got to Nigeria.

Common sense should have told you that foreign companies are either invited to set up or make contacts in countries of interest.

Kindly tell us how Enron and Econet got to Nigeria. Do this or ...

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Buckeyemedia1: 11:12am On May 31, 2022
MrPristine:

Don’t mind Jagaban, I remember that very year for Yankee, person they watch Kenneth Lay trial on the fraud committed by ENRON, man hear Nigeria?

Haba Nigeria again on top ENRON wahala? na em this Criminal they take credit for, an international scam to launder United States Dollars.

He brought ECONET to Nigeria, Pascal Dozie will say he is the one that brought MTN to Nigeria?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Balogunodua(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2022
Kpokpomiri effect... grin
Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by sogodihno: 11:19am On May 31, 2022
So many of these useless 5% pigs will have to use sniper when Tinubu become president.

We are ready for you, you pigs will be taught a bitter lesson in 2023

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Mirabella01: 11:22am On May 31, 2022
We're watching...
Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Buckeyemedia1: 11:26am On May 31, 2022
sogodihno:
So many of these useless 5% pigs will have to use sniper when Tinubu become president.

We are ready for you, you pigs will be taught a bitter lesson in 2023
Tinubu President? Mr Man President Buhari & The cabal in Aso Rock Boss Mustapha, Garba, Kingibe, Osinbajo & Co, will choose his successor.

Just the same way Obasanjo after 8 years in power chose Yaradua to succeed him, like Tinubu chose Fashola to succeed him.

You best believe Great Fela Kuti coined it government magic (Army Arrangement), if you happened to have watched the pdp convention what Atiku did to all those other children aspirants, is child’s play to what they will do to Tinubu when APC sings Osinbajo is who we want, no vacancy in Aso Rock.

They have already agreed the Ministries he will give them when he is made President, Petroleum, Finance, Ambassador to America & UK, Central Bank, Representatives to OPEC, Minister of Agriculture & more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by sapientia(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2022
He did bring them

It was just a bad deal

As for ECONET, he lied

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:34am On May 31, 2022
Well, you can't give what you don't have so I'm not surprised by Tinubu's claims as they're just for the entertainment value of his Nairaland urchins. Breakfast is almost ready cool

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Buckeyemedia1: 11:38am On May 31, 2022
sapientia:
He did bring them

It was just a bad deal

As for ECONET, he lied
Read what you pasted again, he did not bring them, ENRON in a letter dated June 9th 1999, ENRON International showed interest in working with Lagos State.

A month later Enron formed ENPH a special purpose Vehicle to construct & operate power plants in Lagos State.

The following month Lagos State went into an MOU.

From all facts above, it was a private company that wanted to set up business in Lagos State, he did not bring them.

Giving Walmart a private business looking to invest license to operate in Lagos State doesn’t mean you brought them.

With all due respect, all you brought Sir, was digital Agbero, LCC, Lekki Consensus Company & Toll gate, @ the fastest growing part of Lagos State to collect levy on your behalf.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Ventura1: 11:40am On May 31, 2022
Indeed LASG during BAT era brought Enron, the project was frustrated by OBJ who insisted whatever electricity generated must be link to the national grid.

As for econet, he probably goof.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Golan007: 11:43am On May 31, 2022
Our Nigerian partners, which included state governments, local banks and high net worth individuals, were financial investors. The largest shareholder had only 10%. That was the written agreement. I managed to assemble a consortium of 22 investors to put up the money needed to bid. Our shareholders were all Nigerian, mostly institutional investors including leading banks and two state governments, Lagos State and Delta State. The license cost us $285m and was the most expensive license ever issued in Africa at the time. This was 2001.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Golan007: 11:43am On May 31, 2022
Ventura1:
Indeed LASG during BAT era brought Enron, the project was frustrated by OBJ who insisted whatever electricity generated must be link to the national grid.

As for econet, he probably goof.

See above.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by teadrake(m): 11:44am On May 31, 2022
MrPristine:

Let me lie. Leave this man alone now!!! You people don't have any tangible things to do rather than continued smearing of his name. If he becomes President, will you die

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Ttalk: 11:49am On May 31, 2022
Nbote:

What fact did he state? Internet keeps record of how Enron became first independent power project pioneered by a state government under the leadership of Tinubu and you are here following a blind, deaf and dumb.

The OP just graduated from Obituary School of Lying and wish to test his lying skill on mumu like you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by Buckeyemedia1: 11:56am On May 31, 2022
teadrake:

Let me lie. Leave this man alone now!!! You people don't have any tangible things to do rather than continued smearing of his name. If he becomes President, will you die
He shouldn’t claim what he did not do, Nigeria was investment hot bed for investment just after the military handed over because of the years of sanctions & uncertainty of the last decade, that was why the economy was growing as much as 8% 1999-2008.

The man only enriched himself & cronies, he takes credit for things that will happen as society progresses.

Lagos State was a progressive state way beforeTinubu way back during the time of Herbert Macaulay, Adeyemo Alakija.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Lied About Bringing Enron And Econet To Nigeria by drlateef: 12:01pm On May 31, 2022
MrPristine:

I think you are the liar here. First of all, Enron was killed by Obasanjo. Take that to the bank as sure banker. All the rubbish about Diesel engine and cost of running the berg is complete barefaced lie.

On Econet, it was brought in by investors who had no money to invest in buying the bandwidth slot allotted to them. What effort Tinubu made in bringing them to NIGERIA we don’t know, unless the original operators give us a glimpse of that. But what we know is that Lagos State was one of the major investors as well as Delta State. The latter made no profit when they resold while Lagos state made huge profit when they sold their shares of the consortium.

OP, can I advise you on something? Stop telling lies for political gain.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stingy Men Association Of Nigeria, Our New ID Is Ready / Breaking: Soludo, The Most Foolish Wise Man Alive- Northerners Mock Soludo / Enugu: Governor Ugwuanyi Signs 2023 Budget Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.