Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic (57803 Views)

My New Year Visit To Osun-osogbo Sacred Grove / Visit To The Osun Osogbo Sacred Grove In Osun State / My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by musicwriter(m): 1:56am On Jun 01, 2022
Slynation:
How this Animals knew they are sacred in places like this baffles me...

Like I know in places like Ogidi and Nkpor, you see this creatures moving majestically, walking slowly like they own the place, But around Ifite, the kind speed they usually takes in split seconds ehh grin Because they know say na barbecue sure pass

What you see there is very ancient. Those snakes are the oldest continually existing member of the community, so they know everything going on around them.

The sacredness of the snake is the first universal type of belief that spread from out of inner Africa to the rest of the world when black people still ruled the world. Even before the ancient Egyptians but the Egyptians adopted it too, like the rest of the world.

The snakes since ancient times know the places that are kind to them, so they know exactly where to go and where to avoid. And they were not worshipped, rather they were merely revered.

By the way, that's where Jesus Christ evolved from over thousands of years. But that's the type of information you'll never hear in school, church or other so called learning centre.

The negative image associated with the snake today began when Europeans became a world power and blackmailed the snake (a symbol of black powder) using the Genesis story in the bible and made the whole world believe that Africa, the snake, the ancient Egyptians, and black is evil. And that's the true origin of the fall of black people.

Anybody who's interested in further information, part of this was explained in the article: what is Satan? What is Lucifer? The biggest secret in the world

2 Likes

Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by PROPHETmichael: 6:34am On Jun 01, 2022
Good luck to the adventurers but one thing I know that is certain is the fact that Dbull is not on this one grin
Iamdbull

1 Like

Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by sunkieisland(m): 7:20am On Jun 01, 2022
I've been to Ouidah more than 5 times, but na Waka pass I dey always do when I reach that place.

No need for premium tears and my children hate snakes as well.
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Dagrace01(m): 8:19am On Jun 01, 2022
I've been there before.
The site gave me shivers!
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Slynation(m): 9:28am On Jun 01, 2022
musicwriter:

What you see there is very ancient. Those snakes are the oldest continually existing member of the community, so they know everything going on around them.

The sacredness of the snake is the first universal type of belief that spread from out of inner Africa to the rest of the world when black people still ruled the world. Even before the ancient Egyptians but the Egyptians adopted it too, like the rest of the world.

The snakes since ancient times know the places that are kind to them, so they know exactly where to go and where to avoid. And they were not worshipped, rather they were merely revered.

By the way, that's where Jesus Christ evolved from over thousands of years. But that's the type of information you'll never hear in school, church or other so called learning centre.

The negative image associated with the snake today began when Europeans became a world power and blackmailed the snake (a symbol of black powder) using the Genesis story in the bible and made the whole world believe that Africa, the snake, the ancient Egyptians, and black is evil. And that's the true origin of the fall of black people.

Anybody who's interested in further information, part of this was explained in the article: what is Satan? What is Lucifer? The biggest secret in the world
hmmm... interesting, but some of your content are atheistic in nature and I'm not willing to go that lane...
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2022
Weldone Mr. Tourist
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by McStoic(m): 9:47am On Jun 01, 2022
travelwaka:
Lalasticlala check out this Snake Temple in Benin Republic. You can go to jail for killing a Python in Ouidah

Ouidah!! Then kain juju wey dey go on for that Ouidah go make one know say Naija na learners... Fear those inhabitants..
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by musicwriter(m): 9:49am On Jun 01, 2022
Slynation:
hmmm... interesting, but some of your content are atheistic in nature and I'm not willing to go that lane...

Sorry, but they are not meant for children. They are meant for people who are awake or half awake and looking for additional input. Only such group can process what in your naivety is "atheistic" information.

Finally, I am not an atheist.
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Slynation(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2022
musicwriter:

Sorry, but they are not meant for children. They are meant for people who are awake or half awake and looking for additional input. Only such group can process what in your naivety is "atheistic" information.

Finally, I am not an atheist.
Thanks for the indirect insult, I will surely take it with a pinch of salt
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by delerx(m): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2022
Slynation:
Thanks for the indirect insult, I will surely take it with a pitch of salt
Pinch of salt
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Slynation(m): 11:12am On Jun 01, 2022
delerx:

Pinch of salt
thanks boss
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by KingsleyIsrael: 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
in anambra too.
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by falconxxx(m): 2:05pm On Jun 01, 2022
Richy4:
Visiting that kind of place will be festival of bad dreams for a week smiley

I mean, I can't imagine the scene like, oh yeah holidays!! let's go see snakes.
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Richy4(m): 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
falconxxx:

I mean, I can't imagine the scene like, oh yeah holidays!! let's go see snakes.
grin grin cheesy
I share the same sentiment with you man... It's crazy
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by babyfaceafrica: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2022
travelwaka:
It has become one of the famous tourist attractions in Benin

Please can I have your contact, i need some suggestions please
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by emmaodet: 9:35am On Sep 23, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

Please can I have your contact, i need some suggestions please

You want to go for the Benin vacation?
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by babyfaceafrica: 10:19am On Sep 23, 2022
emmaodet:

Nope, i want advise on the best and cheapest beaches to visit in Lagos. Outside elegushi and oniru

Or any other place, a group of ten can hang out this December
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Sweetvie: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2022
Lalas food
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by emmaodet: 6:44pm On Sep 23, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

Nope, i want advise on the best and cheapest beaches to visit in Lagos. Outside elegushi and oniru

Hello bro, are you based in Lagos? because there are many tours/vacation agents in Lagos and they always have programs all round the year.
Every month, there is always a beach to go or resorts or daycation or stacation or outright vacation.
It is always fun - you meet a different set of nigerians. People of like minds where you network and socialize.
Nice beaches to go are Badagry Whispering palm beach, La Campaign tropicana (my favourite) and many more beautiful beaches they will show you.

Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by emmaodet: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

They organize many hangouts, Foodies, Clubbing if you like too. Just name it at a pocket friendly price.

I paid for the all white party yatch cruise and family picnic but i am not going to make it to these events because i won't make it back before next weekend.

Life is fun and you need to enjoy it bro.
There are karaokes where you sing to your lover and many more.

Oga travel waka, no vex say i dey advertise other agencies for your thread oo but you dey fall our hand big time.
Asked you many times offline whe you are going to organize again but it seems you don't deal with locals anymore.
Travelwaka don go international.
Oga Leke, Aunty Sarah i hail ooo. Na your regular and sure customer oo

1 Like

Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by emmaodet: 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2022
And this

Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by babyfaceafrica: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
emmaodet:

They organize many hangouts, Foodies, Clubbing if you like too. Just name it at a pocket friendly price.

I paid for the all white party yatch cruise and family picnic but i am not going to make it to these events because i won't make it back before next weekend.

Life is fun and you need to enjoy it bro.
There are karaokes where you sing to your lover and many more.

Oga travel waka, no vex say i dey advertise other agencies for your thread oo but you dey fall our hand big time.
Asked you many times offline whe you are going to organize again but it seems you don't deal with locals anymore.
Travelwaka don go international.
Oga Leke, Aunty Sarah i hail ooo. Na your regular and sure customer oo

Thanks, really appreciate
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by GreatCracker(m): 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
emmaodet:

are you planning on going the the temple du python.

Cause I'm planning to go there later this year or very early next year.
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by emmaodet: 3:28am On Oct 07, 2022
GreatCracker:
are you planning on going the the temple du python.

Cause I'm planning to go there later this year or very early next year.

Yes.

I am going before this month end with my family to Benin rep. And will visit the snake temple.

It is a group tour.
4 days/3 nights at Benin.
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by GreatCracker(m): 5:41am On Oct 07, 2022
emmaodet:

Yes.

I am going before this month end with my family to Benin rep. And will visit the snake temple.

It is a group tour.
4 days/3 nights at Benin.
when will that be, I'll appreciate if you guys can shift it to Next Month (i know it's a hard request).

Lastly, how much is the budget you'll planned for the trip per head?

Thanks.
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:47am On Oct 07, 2022
McStoic:

Ouidah!! Then kain juju wey dey go on for that Ouidah go make one know say Naija na learners... Fear those inhabitants..

Lol, who no go no know. Even Benin Republic as a whole. The kind juju wey them dey do there eh
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:51am On Oct 07, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

Somewhere quiet, nice and cheap? Check out the beach behind LASU

I've been there severally. Go to the private beach, not the public one. It's always very quiet, nice place to hang out and NEVER CROWDED... Like I've never been there and seen up to 50 people hanging out at the same time. Na coded paroles dey run there. Once in a while, LASU students come there for events sha

Downside: You'll have to take a boat ride to get there. So, if you're scared of boats, no go.

(Just get to Iyana-Iba, cross the express to the other side and take a bike to waterfront... Then board a boat to the beach;Private beach)
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by emmaodet: 7:02am On Oct 07, 2022
GreatCracker:
when will that be, I'll appreciate if you guys can shift it to Next Month (i know it's a hard request).

Lastly, how much is the budget you'll planned for the trip per head?

Thanks.

It is 20-23rd of this month.

I am not the one organizing it.

It is one of the tour agents I have.
That is the program in his calendar for the month.
I can’t change it but you can key into it.
There is ghana by month end and abidjan next month for 350k per person.
The Benin rep. Is 110k per person.
You meet people. Network and socialize etc.
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by babyfaceafrica: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Somewhere quiet, nice and cheap? Check out the beach behind LASU

I've been there severally. Go to the private beach, not the public one. It's always very quiet, nice place to hang out and NEVER CROWDED... Like I've never been there and seen up to 50 people hanging out at the same time. Na coded paroles dey run there. Once in a while, LASU students come there for events sha

Downside: You'll have to take a boat ride to get there. So, if you're scared of boats, no go.

(Just get to Iyana-Iba, cross the express to the other side and take a bike to waterfront... Then board a boat to the beach;Private beach)

Thanks very much, what's the name and entrance fee
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by GreatCracker(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2022
emmaodet:

It is 20-23rd of this month.

I am not the one organizing it.

It is one of the tour agents I have.
That is the program in his calendar for the month.
I can’t change it but you can key into it.
There is ghana by month end and abidjan next month for 350k per person.
The Benin rep. Is 110k per person.
You meet people. Network and socialize etc.
Ohh
Thanks for the heads-up
How can I reach out to the agent?
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by emmaodet: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2022
GreatCracker:

Ohh
Thanks for the heads-up
How can I reach out to the agent?

+234 814 581 0167

Nija Explorer
Re: Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
babyfaceafrica:

Thanks very much, what's the name and entrance fee

I don't know the name o... Just get to Iyana-Iba, cross the express to the other side and ask for where to take bike to Waterside

At Waterside, you'll board a speedboat. Tell them you're going to the beach... They'll ask if it's private or public beach...

Private beach was about 2.5k... Just budget 3k for it... You'll love the serenity and neatness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Ambode Fix Ekins-Okejra Addo Road – Ajah" Pasted On A Keke Napep In Lagos / An American Woman Flies To Nigeria For Her First Meeting With Online Boyfriend / No Survivor In Lekki Fatal Accident As Seven Youths Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.