Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors (43215 Views)

Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book / El-Rufai: My Successor Will Demolish More Houses Than Me / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 5:23pm On May 31, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari has told governors of his party, APC, that he would want to pick his successor and needs the governors to support him to do so.

Mr Buhari said this Tuesday at a meeting with governors elected on the APC platform at the State House, Abuja.

“In keeping with the established internal policies of the Party and as we approach the Convention in a few days, therefore, I wish to solicit the reciprocity and support of the Governors and other stakeholders in picking my successor, who would fly the flag of our party for election into the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023,” the president said at the meeting which was also attended by the APC national chairman.

Mr Buhari told the governors that he realises the ‘compelling need’ for him to provide ‘stronger leadership to the party under this transition process.’

The stronger leadership, Mr Buhari said, is not only to ensure that APC’s electoral fortunes improve but also to ensure that the party ‘retains power at the centre’ by winning the presidential election.

At the meeting with the governors, Mr Buhari also stated the factors he would consider in supporting a presidential candidate among the 25 persons seeking to fly the APC flag.

“Our objective must be the victory of our party and our choice of candidate must be someone who would give the Nigerian masses a sense of victory and confidence even before the elections,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/533866-just-in-2023-i-want-to-pick-my-successor-support-me-buhari-tells-apc-governors.html

304 Likes 73 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Nackzy: 5:24pm On May 31, 2022
Your successor will be worse

89 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 5:24pm On May 31, 2022
That's what will happen.

“…The Party has successfully established internal policies that promote continuity and smooth succession plans even at the state and local government levels,” the Nigerian leader noted. “For example, first term Governors who have served credibly well have been encouraged to stand for re-election. Similarly, second term Governors have been accorded the privilege of promoting successors that are capable of driving their visions as well as the ideals of the party.

“In a few days, the Party will be holding its Convention during which primaries would take place to pick the Presidential Flag Bearer for the 2023 General Elections. This is a very significant process and its outcome should prove to the world, the positive quality of the APC regarding democratic principles, culture as well as leadership.

“As we approach the Convention, I appeal to all of you to allow our interests to converge, our focus to remain on the changing dynamics of our environment, the expectations of our citizens and the global community. Our objective must be the victory of our party and our choice of candidate must be someone who would give the Nigerian masses a sense of victory and confidence even before the elections.

“In keeping with the established internal policies of the Party and as we approach the Convention in a few days, therefore, I wish to solicit the reciprocity and support of the Governors and other stakeholders in picking my successor, who would fly the flag of our party for election into the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023,”...

"We will support you, Your Excellency."

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by TheRareGem1(f): 5:24pm On May 31, 2022
grin grin grin. Simple. Since governors pick their successors. Support PMB to do same.

PYO Presidency loading

392 Likes 40 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by okefranci: 5:25pm On May 31, 2022
President Buhari has spoken already and no other successor apart from Osinbajo

458 Likes 54 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Davidic419: 5:25pm On May 31, 2022
That's the norm if you want your legacy to live on. An incumbent will definitely want someone who would continue in the same line of conversation. Someone who is trustworthy and loyal

393 Likes 52 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by mrvitalis(m): 5:25pm On May 31, 2022
Lmfao
That 2015 bridge e be like say the bridge never still dey ooh

11 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Richardonald(m): 5:26pm On May 31, 2022
H

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by inioluwa03: 5:27pm On May 31, 2022
No president in the World will not have interest in who succeeds him

360 Likes 36 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Smithkafors(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2022
SE/SS will support you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by maybanks: 5:31pm On May 31, 2022
Here's the Truth from PMB's meeting with the Governors, Consensus will be adopted nd the candidate will be a symbol of continuity. All things been equal, that preon to emerge remains Osinbajo

432 Likes 54 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Moferere: 5:32pm On May 31, 2022
Consensus is loading!

457 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Maxymilliano(m): 5:33pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari allow electorates to choose your successor. We don't want someone like you again

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Penguin2: 5:34pm On May 31, 2022
The way I will laugh at Tinubu Urchins when Buhari finally names his successor eh grin

Well they better don’t come to Nairaland after Tinubu is served the monumental breakfast of the century grin

441 Likes 54 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by pinkPUSSY(f): 5:35pm On May 31, 2022
Smithkafors:
SE/SS will support you.

Depending on whom he decides to choose...

Meanwhile Druggie must finish this fight

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by APC2: 5:36pm On May 31, 2022
The highest Tinubu can do is to decamp to another party.
If he carry APC to court, they will send EFCC after him.

390 Likes 54 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:36pm On May 31, 2022
I jus dey laff. Action film wan start. Na tomorrow you go begin hear snippets of who him candidate be. You go hear names for now but on Friday you go hear THE NAME

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by donphilopus: 5:36pm On May 31, 2022
maybanks:
Here's the Truth from PMB's meeting with the Governors, Consensus will be adopted nd the candidate will be a symbol of continuity. All things been equal, that preon to emerge remains Osinbajo

Why are you Osinbajo' supporters scared of open contest? Someone who can't win primaries, how would he win the general election?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by duwdu: 5:37pm On May 31, 2022
LoL, I'm surprised the Premium Times formulated this kind of click-bait headline from the body of the story.

There's no where in the story itself Buhari said he wanted to pick his successor.

These Nigerian journalists/editors sef. cheesy

P34c3

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by osinbanjoisaliar: 5:40pm On May 31, 2022
duwdu:
LoL, I'm surprised the Premium Times formulated this kind of click-bait headline from the body of the story.

There's no where in the story itself Buhari said he wanted to pick his successor.

These Nigerian journalists/editors def. cheesy

P34c3

Read between the corro lines. Buhari don subtly tell dem sey na him go pick the next APC candidate. You wan make him carry crayon and drawing book to draw am for dem

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Shooyie: 5:41pm On May 31, 2022
Let's wait and see the candidate. We can't be too forward.

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Confirmedzombie: 5:42pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu knocked out technically. Instead of the old greedy man to go and rest he wants to be president.

Greedy ugly Chicago drug convict.

Tinubu will never rule Nigeria.

Is better Tinubu take a bow and withdraw now or he will be disgraced.

383 Likes 57 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by ChoCho54(f): 5:42pm On May 31, 2022
The much awaited implosion is just blocks away. Nigerians are the top gainers.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Richardonald(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2022
I can bet buhari candidate is YEMI, APC best bet is a southern Christian and a strong northern Muslim, a Christian candidate cant gather enough votes in the north, osinbajo will have more votes in the west than BAT, those of you saying that it is only BAT that can match PDP in terms of money in election, the billions APC is raking from aspirant, where do you think they will use it for, are you trying to say APC have not budgeted billions for election..

Yemi can gather at least 25% votes in the SS/SE zone than BAT, since PDP refuse to field a southern candidate, for instance how many states did BAT visit during his meeting with delegates in the SS/SE zone, I think it's only Delta states..

What am sure is that APC candidate will come from the west, preferable YEMI OSINBAJO with a strong northern Muslim, it will sail. North being a strong APC zone..

346 Likes 49 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by fergie001: 5:43pm On May 31, 2022
Penguin2:
The way I will laugh at Tinubu Urchins when Buhari finally names his successor eh grin

Well they better don’t come to Nairaland after Tinubu is served the monumental breakfast of the century grin
I know you represent Vawulence, please take it easy, Sir grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Esama: 5:46pm On May 31, 2022
Okay pick him and see. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Daviddson(m): 5:52pm On May 31, 2022
Please, let it be Rotimi Amaechi, because if you pick Osinbajo, Tinubu will see it as a grand gang up and humiliation.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by abiodunalabama: 5:54pm On May 31, 2022
Richardonald:
I can bet buhari candidate is YEMI, APC best bet is a southern Christian and a strong northern Muslim, a Christian candidate cant gather enough votes in the north, osinbajo will have more votes in the west than BAT, those of you saying that it is only BAT that can match PDP in terms of money in election, the billions APC is raking from aspirant, where do you think they will use it for, are you trying to say APC have not budgeted billions for election..How Osinbajo will win elections without Tinubu support.

Yemi can gather at least 25% votes in the SS/SE zone than BAT, since PDP refuse to field a southern candidate, for instance how many states did BAT visit during his meeting with delegates in the SS/SE zone, I think it's only Delta states..

What am sure is that APC candidate will come from the west, preferable YEMI OSINBAJO with a strong northern Muslim, it will sail. North being a strong APC zone..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 31, 2022
Better come up with a good and credible successor else it will be a flawless victory for Atiku

5 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Penguin2: 5:55pm On May 31, 2022
fergie001:

I know you represent Vawulence, please take it easy, Sir grin
grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To Pick My Successor, Support Me, Buhari Tells APC Governors by Yellowface1220(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2022
Osinbajo is goal.

375 Likes 58 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo With His Bicycle Near His Farm In Ota (Throwback Photo) / President Buhari's Old Tweet Reacting To Fuel Scarcity During GEJ (pics) / Sadiya Umar Debunks Marriage Rumour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.