Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book (29558 Views)

Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate / Olusegun Bamgbose: I Am Considering Yusuf Buhari As My Running Mate In 2023 / Don’t Blame My Running Mate — Lyon On Supreme Court Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Islie: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2022
President Muhammadu Buhari Thursday night received the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, at the State House, Abuja.

Tinubu was accompanied on a thank-you visit to the president by Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu and MD/CEO Oando Plc, Wale Tinubu.

Speaking to journalists after the meeting, Tinubu lauded President Buhari for providing a level playing field for the process of selecting the party’s presidential candidate.

He recounted that the president had promised many times that he would support the democratic process and he had proven that with the party’s presidential primary, which he won.

“He promised the whole country and the world that he will build a legacy of transparency and consistency; legacy of a level playing ground for all the aspirants. He will be committed to democratic principles and values and he did so.

“He didn’t endorse anybody, he didn’t impose anybody, and he did not at any time attempt to tinker with the process of this election to favour one tribe or the other. He was steadfast, he was trustworthy, and he was dependable…

“If he had to give it to anybody yesterday, it is not my victory that is important, it is the process and the management of that election that gave it to President Muhammadu Buhari,” he said.

Asked what his selling point would be on the campaign for the 2023 election, he said; “I am brilliant, I am experienced from the private sector to public sector and ready to hit the ground running same day and not mess up the legacy of progress and honesty that is left behind for me and handed over to me by President Muhammadu Buhari.

“All APC family members should celebrate in a limited manner, we just begin the hard work ahead to win the victory for our party is a hard one and we will win”, he said.

Asked also of the choice of his running mate, he said “I won’t tell you that. That is my right; it is in my pocket book.”

Buhari to APC govs: I’ll work for Tinubu’s victory

Earlier yesterday, President Buhari promised to work closely with governors of the ruling APC for the victory of Tinubu.

In a letter addressed to Governor Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi State and Chairman, Progressives Governor Forum, Buhari described the just-concluded presidential primary of the APC as one the most competitive and peaceful in the history of Nigeria’s democracy.

Part of the letter released yesterday by a presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, read: “The party primaries were peacefully conducted and the delegates have selected the candidate to carry the APC flag in the 2023 Presidential Primaries.

“Today, as a patriotic APC member and stakeholder, I trust that you will come together to work with our candidate to win the 2023 elections.

“In the past 7 years in government, we have achieved a lot. However, we have a lot more to do. The APC project is far from over and we need all of you to come together to ensure our progressive journey to peace and prosperity is sustained.

“Our candidate, His Excellency, Sen. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is no stranger to you. He is our friend and brother. We know his commitment, his track record and his capacity to lead our party to success. So, now is the time for all of us to come together and march forward as we did in 2015 to a convincing APC victory.

“I look forward to working closely with APC Governors to support Sen. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and all our APC candidates to success in 2023.”

Meanwhile, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and former President Goodluck Jonathan have congratulated Tinubu on his emergence as APC presidential candidate.

Osinbajo, in a congratulatory message which he signed personally, said the party’s flag bearer had for many decades shown passion, patriotism, courage and determination in the cause of nation-building.

“To all members of our great party, regardless of who you voted for at the primaries, we must now unite behind our presidential candidate and flagbearer to ensure victory for our party in the 2023 elections,” he said.

Also, former President Goodluck Jonathan urged the candidates of all political parties to run a campaign devoid of rancour and divisiveness and utilise the opportunity to promote peace and unity.

Jonathan, in a statement yesterday by his media aide, Ikechukwu Eze, also advised them to eschew violence and acts that could encourage any form of bloodletting or exacerbate the national fault lines.

The Director-General of Rotimi Amaechi Campaign Organisation, Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume, has urged Tinubu to be magnanimous in victory and carry every member of the party along.

Ndume said as an advocate of power shift to the South, he was satisfied with the outcome of the primary, though his candidate, Amaechi, didn’t clinch the ticket.

Ndume further urged aggrieved members of the APC to put the past behind them and collectively ensure that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) doesn’t return to power next year.

“As a faithful party man, I’ll work assiduously to ensure that the APC wins in all elections next year. There is a lot of work to be done and we need to start doing that right now,” he said.

The Chairman of Yoruba Council of Obas in FCT, Abuja, Dr. Olusegun Salau, urged Tinubu to forgive those that competed with him at the APC convention.

Oba Salau made the call yesterday in Abuja when some Yoruba residents in FCT visited him in his palace in Kado Life Camp, Abuja.

https://dailytrust.com/running-mate-in-my-pocket-tinubu

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Lawlab254: 7:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Okay. Namadi Sambo was one of GEJs undoing. Sambo had no political clout in the North. He had nothing to bring to the table. Atiku almost beat Buhari in 2019 because he ran with Obi, whose political clout in the South East/South South is currently unmatched. BAT, to stand a chance, don't be a GEJ, be an Atiku. A party's running mate is as important as the flag bearer.

For a balanced ticket, you need a Northern Christian with a big clout. But which Northern Christian has such a clout? The kind of clout Obi has in the South. The kind of Clout Kwankwaso, El Rufai and Zulum have in the north? Answer is none. BAT, that leaves you with a very tempting Moslem/Moslem Ticket, which equally, is a recipe for failure.

But being the political enigma that you are, I like to think that you know all these already, and I am interested to see how you handle this conundrum. May the best candidate win.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Fahdiga(m): 7:02am On Jun 10, 2022
Pride goes before a fall

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:04am On Jun 10, 2022
It's an open contest. Bring it on. APC is now a bad market everywhere. Folks don't let paid propagandists dissuade or discourage you. Push had for your candidates. If they won't give you PVC anywhere, go to your home state and do it. Northerners normally travel back in droves to go vote in the North during election. Learn to do same to avoid being disenfranchised.

57 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Honor10: 7:04am On Jun 10, 2022
Don't Sha pick Muslim running mate.

fulaniHERDSman:
It's an open contest. Bring it on. APC is now a bad market everywhere. Folks don't let paid propagandist to dissuade You. Push had for your candidates.

You are not getting it, the slogan here is 'No to another fulani after Buhari 8 years" so Atiku is dead on arrival. We have live under the terror of Fulani so much, we won't empower them again in 2023.

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Mooh247: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2022
cool

"IN MY POCKET BOOK"

Asked also of the choice of his running mate, he said “I won’t tell you that. That is my right; it is in my pocket book.”

Awon weyrey with their propaganda don resume again

119 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by BabydiHot(f): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2022
Tinubu is shaky shaky criminal

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Dannyset(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2022
grin

Those saying God forbid for a Tinubu are the same people praising Atiku.

No be juju be that?

They almost left cracks in their chest, assuring their deluded self of what they don't have a say over.

No be madness be that?

Some have started saying he has a health issue and that he's shaky shaky, thinking he won't last, forgetting they said the same for Buhari but he outlived some of their family members, and so also will Tinubu outlive them too.

No be curse for them be that?

And those who think one HimTuLie Pandorama can spring a surprise, not knowing he will only cut out PDP votes and not APC.

No be confusion be that?

Get ready for the most electrifying election campaign in the history of Nigeria.

Either you like it or not, Tinubu is the master of this game, and you're going to see it going forward.

Na confirm be that!

58 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Austineva(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2022
Alu mee. Like for Obi share for Tunubu

76 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Esama: 7:10am On Jun 10, 2022
To get your running mate will never be an issue for you a visionary leader you are ,surrounded with hardworking and intellectual people. Wish you all the best our incoming president. My state is already in your pocket even Obaseki can't work against interest.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Realtord43: 7:34am On Jun 10, 2022
Fool

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by joyandfaith: 7:37am On Jun 10, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

"IN MY POCKET BOOK"

Awon weyrey with their propaganda don resume again

Dailytrust
Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Mooh247: 7:38am On Jun 10, 2022

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:42am On Jun 10, 2022
Honor10:

You are not getting it, the slogan here is 'No to another fulani after Buhari 8 years" so Atiku is dead on arrival. We have live under the terror of Fulani so much, we won't empower them again in 2023.

Slogan where exactly?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:43am On Jun 10, 2022
joyandfaith:

Dailytrust

Shebi he has the backing of the north
Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:43am On Jun 10, 2022
Esama:
To get your running mate will never be an issue for you a visionary leader you are ,surrounded with hardworking and intellectual people. Wish you all the best our incoming president. My state is already in your pocket even Obaseki can't work against interest.

grin Edo no be Lagos

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2022
Dannyset:
grin

Those saying God forbid for a Tinubu are the same people praising Atiku.

No be juju be that?

They almost left cracks in their chest, assuring their deluded self of what they don't have a say over.

No be madness be that?

Some have started saying he has a health issue and that he's shaky shaky, thinking he won't last, forgetting they said the same for Buhari but he outlived some of their family members, and so also will Tinubu outlive them too.

No be curse for them be that?

And those who think one HimTuLie Pandorama can't spring a surprise, not knowing he will only cut out PDP votes and not APC.

No be confusion be that?

Get ready for the most electrifying election campaign in the history of Nigeria.

Either you like it or not, Tinubu is the master of this game, and you're going to see it going forward.

Na confirm be that!
Before any debate all the presidential candidates must raise up our national flag

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:45am On Jun 10, 2022
All youths and Christains are getting their pvc to vote for Peter Obi.Its foolishness for a Muslim to succeed Buhari after 8yrs.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by TriCee: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2022
Sometimes I just wish all these guys should rule their zones and regions as presidents, make everybody rest.

SS/SE - Peter Obi
S/W - Tinubu
North - Atiku

Hence, everyone gets a full taste of what and who they've chosen to support. cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by nony43(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2022
No reasonable person should vote for APC in 2023, on what indices? Is the Economy? Insecurity? The unity of the country? Tribalism and Nepotism? Corruption? What exactly?

NB: Buhari is nothing but a colosal disaster that has failed abysmally in all indices of human endeavors.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Dailymice: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2022
shocked
Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Emu4life(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2022
Seems this Man came prepared.
HIGHESTPOPORI:
All youths and Christains are getting their pvc to vote for Peter Obi.Its foolishness for a Muslim to succeed Buhari after 8yrs.
If you keep making this about religion, you will fail woefully.
Don't forget, it's either Asiwaju Ahmad or Atiku Abubabakar. You've already failed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by tesppidd: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2022
I hope this is not another version of saying "I am for everybody and i am for nobody?"

grin grin grin

Time will only tell.
Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2022
I am waiting to see who he will pick as his running mate

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by JosephXavier: 8:21am On Jun 10, 2022
I wonder how he will manage to open his pocket book when his shaky hands can't even keep still

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Prechgold1180(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2022
Omo naija matter tire me

Nah jakpa I see so
Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by Mokason288(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2022
grin
Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by FreedomDynamics: 8:22am On Jun 10, 2022
I recall what happened when Bashir Tweeted DoD.

Honor10:

Oga Atiku is not Fulani or even Hausa.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: The Criteria To Pick My Running Mate Is In My Pocket Book by haykes(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2022
Q

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sell Returned Private Jet, Fund Critical Sectors In Rivers – APC Advises Wike / Obi Unveils Website For Donation, Campaign / Soldiers Killed During Operation In Zamfara. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.