Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,911 members, 7,863,144 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:12 PM

Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting (19683 Views)

Resolution Of The Northern State Governors Forum Meeting / Photos From Former PDP Governors Forum Meeting In Abuja / 15 Out Of 17 Governors Present In Southern Governors Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by obo389(m): 7:34pm On May 31, 2022
4ckyou:
we are waiting,

osinbanjo all the way, but I will prefer a rugged man like tinubu that won't be scared of anybody, I think osinbanjo will bow to the north just like Jonathan that built a railway in north without a high level project in the south.
Bro, you nnever can tell now.
Buhari is a very unpredictable fellow.
There have also been rumours flying that he intends picking ogbonayan Onu.
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 31, 2022
It's going to ameachi

1 Like

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Megabig: 7:35pm On May 31, 2022
This man is what you call slow poison, I think he should allow them all battle it during the convention, he clearly supports Osibanjo if that’s what he “ read” as usual to the governors. They have a lot of work to do because I doubt the northerners gathering to vote massively for Osibanjo(a Christian) with a Muslim vice as against Atiku(a Muslim) with a Christian vice.
Fielding Tinubu will be a mistake as he(Tinubu) is a Muslim and will need a Christian northerner( who commands a large voting power), that’s hard to find.
Atiku garnered more than 11 million votes against Buhari, that’s a lot already but we will see where this will land them all.

The north will retain power but the question is “who” if not Atiku……

When their votes keep crippling with a percentage of 70:30, out eyes will all clear….

Y’all don’t kill yourselves over these politicians, brace up, you are about to start another unpredictable 8 years…

1 Like

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 31, 2022
buhari statement was loud and clear, he didn't bluff about picking his successor, So anybody that has ear problems should go and clean it with cotton bud, don't say u weren't alerted! This is a clear warning, I repeat this is a clear warning

2 Likes

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by thundafire: 7:36pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari were no get levels nobody go answer am
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Kentuforchrist(m): 7:36pm On May 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Alary: 7:38pm On May 31, 2022
lalasticlala:
ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, MUHAMMADU BUHARI, PRESIDENT, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, TO THE PROGRESSIVE GOVERNORS’ FORUM AT THE CONSULTATIVE MEETING HELD AT THE PRESIDENTIAL VILLA, ABUJA, ON TUESDAY, 31ST MAY, 2022

PROTOCOLS

I am delighted to address this gathering of the Progressive Governors’ Forum as part of the consultative processes that have always strengthened the internal dynamics of our Party, the All Progressives Congress, (APC).

2. You will all recall that APC came to power at the center in 2015 through a cohesive machinery, notwithstanding its status as the opposition party. Similarly, in 2019, it was returned to power under my leadership, because of the dividends of democracy delivered to Nigerians irrespective of their political leanings.

3. The Party has since grown in strength and capacity to govern. The key to both electoral successes is the ability of the party to hold consultations and for its members to put the nation above other interests.

4. The transition processes for the 2023 General Elections have commenced in earnest and I note that the most successful Political Parties globally have always relied on their internal cohesion and a strong leadership brand to achieve bigger electoral fortunes. Our party, the APC, shall not be any different, more so as we are still implementing the blueprint for a more prosperous nation.

5. As I begin the final year of my second term as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and leader of the Party, I recognize the compelling need for me to provide stronger leadership to the Party under this transition process and to ensure that it happens in an orderly manner.

6. Such leadership is required so that the Party remains strong and united. It is also needed to improve our electoral fortunes by ensuring that it retains power at the center, hold the great majority in various legislative chambers and also gain additional number of states at state levels.

7. In pursuit of the foregoing objectives, the Party has successfully established internal policies that promote continuity and smooth succession plans even at the state and local government levels. For example, first term Governors who have served credibly well have been encouraged to stand for re-election. Similarly, second term Governors have been accorded the privilege of promoting successors that are capable of driving their visions as well as the ideals of the party.

8. In a few days, the Party will be holding its Convention during which primaries would take place to pick the Presidential Flag Bearer for the 2023 General Elections. This is a very significant process and its outcome should prove to the world, the positive quality of the APC regarding democratic principles, culture as well as leadership.

9. As we approach the Convention, I appeal to all of you to allow our interests to converge, our focus to remain on the changing dynamics of our environment, the expectations of our citizens and the global community. Our objective must be the victory of our party and our choice of candidate must be someone who would give the Nigerian masses a sense of victory and confidence even before the elections.

10. In keeping with the established internal policies of the Party and as we approach the Convention in a few days, therefore, I wish to solicit the reciprocity and support of the Governors and other stakeholders in picking my successor, who would fly the flag of our party for election into the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023.

11. I wish to assure you that the consultation process shall continue to ensure that all aspirants and stakeholders would be brought on board right through to the convention. This would also ensure that any anxiety occasioned by different factors are effectively brought under control and that our party emerges stronger.

12. I thank you all for listening. God bless you all. God bless our Party, the APC and God bless our nation, Nigeria.

10. In keeping with the established internal policies of the Party and as we approach the Convention in a few days, therefore, I wish to solicit the reciprocity and support of the Governors and other stakeholders in picking my successor, who would fly the flag of our party for election into the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023

Did you understand the meaning of reciprocity? I don't think you do ,if you do you won't yarn all this gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Sonoyom(m): 7:40pm On May 31, 2022
Bubu is confused, one moment 'I don't want to reveal my candidate so that he will not be eliminated' same breathe 'I don't have a favourite candidate' same moment 'I will choose my favourite candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by snowwhitenow: 7:40pm On May 31, 2022
Up Amachi I dey vote for 2023

1 Like

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by lagdmark(m): 7:42pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu will form his own UGM squad or join UGM in SE to cause wahala as from 08/06/2022.
He said " Tinubu or death"
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Alary: 7:42pm On May 31, 2022
[quote author=alsudan post=113350255]Buhari didn’t Mince words, he has stated clearly that he will pick a successor same way he did with the National Chairman.

Being who the President is, anyone that tries to stand on his way would be crushed.

Thiefnibu has clearly been warned. Won’t be surprised if Oyegun disqualifies druggie

Did you understand the meaning of reciprocity? I don't think you do ,if you do you won't yarn all this gibberish.
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Gallistotle1: 7:43pm On May 31, 2022
As far as buhari renamed d national stadium afta mko abiola and also changed d democracy day frm may 29th to june 12.
forget it,a yoruba man would be his chosen successor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by chiboycue: 7:43pm On May 31, 2022
I have a strong feeling that the PMB may choose the Senate President as his successor.
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by tunapawizzy: 7:43pm On May 31, 2022
See that no 7 ehn...e come finish am with no 10......e say 1st term governors dun get ticket, 2nd term dun pick their successor.....NA ME GO PICK MY SUCCESSOR ...AND UNA MUST SUPPORT ME.
That one wey him say in the last days him go provide strong leadership mean say him go treat ur Bleep up if u no agree with am...Sanwo Olu should take note of that...make e go deliver the message to im daddy if e reach house

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by babajeje123(m): 7:45pm On May 31, 2022
4ckyou:
we are waiting,

osinbanjo all the way, but I will prefer a rugged man like tinubu that won't be scared of anybody, I think osinbanjo will bow to the north just like Jonathan that built a railway in north without a high level project in the south.
Fear those who appear as weakling, you can't predict Osinbajo if he gets presidency. He would handle the North not with force but with love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by zionstaar75: 7:47pm On May 31, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
I told some Tinubu miscreants that APC will bring in GEJ even though they claim he isn't their member, they thought it was lie! grin

No southerner can challenge Atiku, let alone Tinubu. APC are not da*ft to field in a drug dealer. GE is the only man that can challenge Atiku. Wait for June 7, e go shock una. GEJ is APC presidential candidate!stop the daydreaming,

Tinubu miscreants can start wailing in pains. We no send una papa!
this has to the dumbest talk this year, no be Jonathan, na nnamdi azikwe dem go bring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Dmacqh(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2022
Obi for President.
Jagaban for Vice President.

Loading ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Invitationn: 7:51pm On May 31, 2022
alsudan:
Buhari didn’t Mince words, he has stated clearly that he will pick a successor same way he did with the National Chairman.

Being who the President is, anyone that tries to stand on his way would be crushed.

Thiefnibu has clearly been warned. Won’t be surprised if Oyegun disqualifies druggie while Buhari is out in Spain.
They never born Oyegun well grin
And I'm being nice.
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by tunapawizzy: 7:52pm On May 31, 2022
chiboycue:
I have a strong feeling that the PMB may choose the Senate President as his successor.
Looks to me the man may pick Osinbajo...lifetime ambition in the mud...I won't be surprised with a Lawan as VP...he can lobby legislators to work for the general election

1 Like

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by yetunsbay(m): 7:52pm On May 31, 2022
Penguin2:
Ears have not heard…

Eyes have not seen…

The kind of breakfast that shall be served on Tinubu and his herds of Urchins.

Like Awolowo and Abiola before him, Tinubu will die with a sore in his heart; a sore of unfulfilled ambition, a sore of unfulfilled dream despite his servitude to the north.

I pray he doesn’t poo on himself that day grin

Peeing on himself is already a normal thing. That one na sure banker. No be today something grin
someone pained on another person matter

1 Like

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Invitationn: 7:53pm On May 31, 2022
StrongAlphMale:
I told some Tinubu miscreants that APC will bring in GEJ even though they claim he isn't their member, they thought it was lie! grin

No southerner can challenge Atiku, let alone Tinubu. APC are not da*ft to field in a drug dealer. GE is the only man that can challenge Atiku. Wait for June 7, e go shock una. GEJ is APC presidential candidate!

Tinubu miscreants can start wailing in pains. We no send una papa!
GEJ bawo grin
That's irrational. GEJ can never defeat Atiku.
Except APC wants to give their power away.
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by tunapawizzy: 7:54pm On May 31, 2022
Tinubu followers should read no 10 over and over and over again and digest it like who go school...
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Mickykarim: 7:55pm On May 31, 2022
FAKE NEWS, FAKE PHOTOGRAPH. WHEN DID Obasek RETURN TO THE APC FOLD?

IT IS AN ANORMALLY AND UNDEMOCRATIC FOR THE PRESIDENT TO PICK A SUCCESSOR. IT IS THE PREROGATIVE OF THE PEOPLE, THE ELECTRORATE.

The president should have chosen his words carefully. this is a brazen disregard for the INTELLECT of the people and an ASSAULT on our collective psyche.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by blaquebelle: 7:56pm On May 31, 2022
I read this in his accent grin
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by redcliff: 7:56pm On May 31, 2022
Nonybb:
The fake pooing PASTOR. RCGGIFICATION LOADING. HE FAILED IN HIS LEADERSHIP TO NIGERIANS AND IN HIS SERVICE TO GOD. FAILED ON BOTH TWO FRONTS

try not to be foolish. it will help your unborn children
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by eldoradoxx: 7:57pm On May 31, 2022
SensualMan:
TINUBU is out of the race.

This is good news. Yorubas, Tinubu urchins can now Bury their heads in shame.

SHAME ON ALL YORUBA PEOPLE!
Am not Yoruba, but u re a very stupid person, yes whoever you are.

2 Likes

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Invitationn: 7:59pm On May 31, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Looks to me the man may pick either Lawan or Osinbajo...lifetime ambition in the mud
Lawan? grin
He dare not... you can take that to the bank.
Lawan the rubber-stamped senate president with no structure?
No one knows him in the south, he's not popular in the north- not on Atiku's level obviously.

You need to understand that there's an Atiku constant that the APC are considering before pitching anyone except they are not passionate about keeping their power and continuing looting our Commonwealth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Nchenches: 7:59pm On May 31, 2022
"...because of the dividends of democracy delivered to Nigerians irrespective of their political leanings." .... President Buhari.

This Buhari man can lie more than Lai man.

He squandared 7 years opportunity to deliver dividends of democracy to Nigerians, and even made and stuck to his 5% and 97% speech to maltreat the 5% that refused to vote for him.
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by IfnobeGod20: 8:03pm On May 31, 2022
Buhari is bad. Two places that interest me is item 5 and 10 and it reads:
"5. As I begin the final year of my second term as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and leader of the Party, I recognize the compelling need for me to provide stronger leadership to the Party under this transition process and to ensure that it happens in an orderly manner".
He used this statement to exert his authority as the leader of APC. If you didn't understand, please go back and read again.

Secondly, in item 10, he made plain what he will do. Letting those selfish governors know that, they are the one choosing their successor and he will also choose his own. Lobatan!
Please read below.

"10. In keeping with the established internal policies of the Party and as we approach the Convention in a few days, therefore, I wish to solicit the reciprocity and support of the Governors and other stakeholders in picking my successor, who would fly the flag of our party for election into the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023".

2 Likes

Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by tunapawizzy: 8:06pm On May 31, 2022
Invitationn:

Lawan? grin
He dare not... you can take that to the bank.
Lawan the rubber-stamped senate president with no structure?
No one knows him in the south, he's not popular in the north- not on Atiku's level obviously.

You need to understand that there's an Atiku constant that the APC are considering before pitching anyone except they are not passionate about keeping their power and continuing looting our Commonwealth
I thought about it and removed lawan....but forget structure sha..which structure yaradua get...for ruling party election is won by Governors of the state the party controls, those are the ones with the structure... once Governors key into it..its a done deal but on a second note, I know the Governors forum will want buhari to let them nominate vice at least....
Re: Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting by Mickykarim: 8:06pm On May 31, 2022
He will only have his way when properly navigated and negotiated.

HE IS NOT A POLITICIAN, JUST A FORTUNATE KHAKI MAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Matteo Renzi, Prime Minister Of Italy At The Presidential Villa / Atiku Replies Lai Mohammed: Those Who Employed You Know You’re A Liar / Xenophobia: Ezekwesili Petitions South Africa President Over Attack On Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.