Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today (28377 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Announces Total Ban Of Okada In 6 Local Government / Buhari Leading 3 Out Of 6 Local Government In Abuja / Abiola Ajimobi Loses Four Of Four Announced Local Governments In Oyo South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by ppogba: 8:15am On Jun 01, 2022
immortalityk:

Around what year did u meet this tout used for security
I'm just curious about something

You don't need to be curious. Just know that it is angels that are doing the security job in PH being portrayed as El- dorado.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by slimjohn2k5: 8:15am On Jun 01, 2022
We not want to see any policeman or army man for Okada again ohhh

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by baretalk: 8:16am On Jun 01, 2022
Good move, Kano has banned okada, so why is Lagos whose most of its indigenes and tax paying legit residents are not Okada riders allowing okadas everywhere. It must be sustained, Lagos has money, employ more hands into the state enforcement units to back up the police, use the boys too.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by Hallabee1(m): 8:20am On Jun 01, 2022
aysnoopy:
Ok
What of people that are using it as private

aje ...

make dem dey use am for there compound

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by ebhaleleme51490: 8:24am On Jun 01, 2022
Show of force yesterday.The first video contains the ambulance that the Twitter user asked for. Show of force yesterday.The first video contains the ambulance that the Twitter user asked for. ...
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by Safyqueen: 8:27am On Jun 01, 2022
mariovito:
At the risk of sounding elitist, I propose that that okada of a thing be banned nationwide. They've caused more harm than good. From robberies, to kidnapping, to criminal surveillance, to their reckless driving which endangers other road users.

At first you'll think it's impossible to commute without them, but then, humans adapt, we'll adapt and find a good replacement for them.

Thought they were blackmailing Sanwooulu with their votes .

They were banned in Kano state metropolitan because of Boko Haram menace and thought it will result to public disturbance, transportation wahala, petty stealing and so on. But at the end everybody adapts and okada gone for good. It was after the ban that hospitals become decongested of accident victims. In many towns of the northern cities today, okadas are not operating.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by tnerro1(m): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2022
Send those animals back to their state of origin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by Traplord09: 8:34am On Jun 01, 2022
Corporate2020:

So what do we do in the second place?

Go bank go thief's...
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by aramanda14: 8:55am On Jun 01, 2022
Nice one lagos govt!
Time to start saving for your motor car and the beauty of saving money is saving it in a place where you can get easy access to your savings anytime you want and that is why I want to introduce you guys to something called Fair save by fairmoney It is flexible and pays you up to 10% interest PA. with no extra charge.
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by fatytoy333(m): 8:59am On Jun 01, 2022
Ogun State and Oyo state e ku alejo.
I can see mass exodus of aboki bike riders to these states
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by addexx: 9:09am On Jun 01, 2022
naptu2:
SP Benjamin Hundeyin @benhundeyin

https://mobile.twitter.com/benhundeyin/status/1531627936876531712

Na ordinary okada ban den dey act like say den dey go sambisa forest.
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by lovchalice(f): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2022
Las Las na we go suffer
Banning Okada at Apapa is not advisable by this time
The road is under construction and trailers have blocked everywhere

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by Benmob: 9:50am On Jun 01, 2022
post=113360311:
You too serious.. that's half your problem..
even though u seem u are trying to be funny but that can cause tribe fightin Nairaland because of just okada ban.
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by Idaytesj29(m): 9:59am On Jun 01, 2022
Mumusaphire:
We move. Apapa, wharf, tinca, berger workers will hear am. Lagos state government suppose do something about trailers blocking the roads in that area before they included that place to join ban. That place na hell when it comes to holdup, and it can give these hoodlums chance to be robbing motorist people during serious holdup due to lack of security.

This move was for security. Most crimes and attacks are done using Okada.
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by murmee: 10:03am On Jun 01, 2022
brandonobi:
Already got used to "no okada" while I was in onitsha, people will get over it eventually
And the hospitals will be less congested with patients as more people exercise by walking moderate distances!

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by NairaLux(f): 10:04am On Jun 01, 2022
Caf

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by murmee: 10:06am On Jun 01, 2022
nedekid:

But gokada addressed all these issues, yet they were banned which then made room for the aboki bikers from the north to fill.
What the Government is saying is that motorbikes are not meant for public transportation. Is that so difficult to understand?
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by murmee: 10:10am On Jun 01, 2022
inkon:
It's easy to ban. The question is, what alternative job provision is the government planning for the okadamen? Or is it just to ban?
Please what alternative jobs were offered to Okada men when Okada was banned in Kano? Please answer!
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by murmee: 10:17am On Jun 01, 2022
oladipuposadeeq:
some people will know what the israelites and Egyptians saw when they were trekking from one place to another. 2day na trekking day grin
Trekking is good for your health generally!

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by oladipuposadeeq(m): 10:25am On Jun 01, 2022
murmee:
Trekking is good for your health generally!
so make I con trek from trade fair to mile 2 haaaaaaa under 1 week person engine fit dey smoke ooooooo
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by bendike: 10:29am On Jun 01, 2022
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by ashawopikin(m): 10:54am On Jun 01, 2022
Highest one month dem don resume
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by baretalk: 11:00am On Jun 01, 2022
sonature1:

Okada is very useful in Lagos because of insolvable traffic jam issue. The problem is that okada riders are a bunch of senseless people.
1. No caution for safety
2. Always using the wrong lane (going against traffic rules)
3. Lack of proper documentation of riders, making it easy for people to commit crimes with bikes
4. They are bloody opportunitists because they rocket their fares when roads block.
5. And I can go on and on.
Okada aids criminality
Okada pollutes the environment
Okada kills lots of people via accident
Bokoharam can infiltrate Lagos via okadas
A mega city don't use okada, Ghana, UK, New York, Dubai, no Okada.
Lagos state government is building light rails across the states that will help a lot.
Lagos state government is investing in waterways transportation.

Think creatively, you sound dull, so because there is hold up, we must use okada, your small brains can not bring better solutions.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by baretalk: 11:02am On Jun 01, 2022
uote author=oladipuposadeeq post=113365066]so make I con trek from trade fair to mile 2 haaaaaaa under 1 week person engine fit dey smoke ooooooo [/quote]
If you like fly like superman, you don't count.
Did anyone invite you to Lagos?

Adjust yourself to fit into Lagos, the city is too big for a few non indigenes to determine its fate.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by baretalk: 11:06am On Jun 01, 2022
ote author=YoungLionken post=113358732]The poor and average always suffer any governmental policy and I don't know why..

It is not as if there's a plan B solution to it..

I visited a public school the other day and I wept at the deplorable state of buildings and learning structure of the school..

Banning of okada here and there is nothing compared to banning of bad roads, epileptic power supply, vote buying,banning of problem of civil servants' payments, to mention a few..

Thank God I'm not Igbo(don't reason like them), I woulda said the government is banning okada because they're mostly northerners doing the business...[/quote]
So the state should remain primitive with okadas blowing smoke everywhere, mobbing people,. driving recklessly and killing Lagosians, and Lagos looking like a big ghetto?

No Okada in Accra, Kumasi, Cairo, Cape town...Lagos did not invite anyone to come here, if you can't cope with the city leave.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by sonature1: 11:07am On Jun 01, 2022
baretalk:

Okada aids criminality
Okada pollutes the environment
Okada kills lots of people via accident
Bokoharam can infiltrate Lagos via okadas
A mega city don't use okada, Ghana, UK, New York, Dubai, no Okada.
Lagos state government is building light rails across the states that will help a lot.
Lagos state government is investing in waterways transportation.

Think creatively, you sound dull, so because there is hold up, we must use okada, your small brains can not bring better solutions.

A typical Nairalander doesn't make a point without insults. Who raised you lots? undecided

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by baretalk: 11:11am On Jun 01, 2022
DuBLINGreenb:
Lagos is over rated

Touts have been incorporated into the security architecture of Lagos state

When I was in Lagos a hoodlum stopped me and asked me where I was coming from, from his mannerism, speech, dressing, poorly drawn locally made tattoos it was very clear to me this is a tout

As a PH boy I thought he wanted to obtain me so I lock up, prepared myself mentally and physically for confrontation, PH boy will not fall hands, only to find out he was actually security for the area

I was shocked, I apologized for resistance and weighing him he understood.

It’s a good idea to engage the youths, it’s a good idea to incorporate everybody. But I have some concerns.

What happens after now?

1. Let’s assume someone like Tinubu is no more who takes over as their national leader to call them to order?

2. What happens if a less gentlemanly tout becomes their national leader and decides to let them run wild

3. What signal are you sending to the normal youths like me who are fit to wreck havoc based on size, mind, experiences etc but just decide on our own that that is not the part we want to follow in life

If you say you are only incorporating and rewarding only touts and hoodlums, are you saying we should all become touts and hoodlums?

Today if you look at the leadership in Lagos you can see posters of known touts, they are in the top 3 of almost every government parastatal it’s as if they even have quota. And then the remaining 2 out of the 3 are Wives and children of these “big men” like Tinubu, Lie Mohammed and co.

Lagos people what happens to Lagos when Jagaban dies and MC Oloumo and co. Start to fight for leadership?

This is a serious gamble oh, I wish you all well.

Lagos has structures, they are all under the police and security operatives in Lagos, the state is too big for anyone to hold to ransom... though I see your concerns about how APC incorporates touts into their politics. Mostly the security guys are OPC guys, that is a Yoruba indigenous security faction, quite effective in some areas. Portharcourt is a state riddled with cultists and crimes, most of your vigilante guys there are thugs and cult affiliated people, it's same everywhere, it's thugs that can inflict pain, kill etc not Angels...you didn't make much sense. I don't see Lagosians relocating to PH, you can remain in your PH.
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by baretalk: 11:11am On Jun 01, 2022
sonature1:

A typical Nairalander doesn't make a point without insults. Who raised you lots? undecided
I hate small brains.
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by baretalk: 11:14am On Jun 01, 2022
cocolacec:

Enugu was a slave camp created by the Binis to camp Slaves.It belongs to the Benin Kingdom so no Igbo have a right of claim to the borrowed space called “Enugu”.
Longlive the Benin Kingdom,Oba watopee.Ise.
Facts
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by baretalk: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2022
hohafrank:
If the energy with which Lagos state ban Okada is channelled towards banning Agberu,touts,Lagos would have been a better place to leave.
Some of those youths are OPC members, others work for the union, stop talking nonsense. OPC targets criminals and are good for internal security of the state.
Re: Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today by sonature1: 11:19am On Jun 01, 2022
baretalk:

I hate small brains.

Mr. Big Brain, you are not making any sense.

Train or no trains, Lagos will still have traffic jams. The solution to Lagos State's protracted traffic jam issue is for other states to start creating opportunities for their people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Arrested Aac/take It Back Members In Handcuffs And Chains / Oshiomhole Floors PDP, Wins 21 Out Of 24 House Of Assembly Seats / IKEDC Unveils Lagos Areas Getting 20-24 Hours Power Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.