Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

My Trip To Malta and Gozo - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Malta and Gozo (34264 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Purifychy(f): 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
Wow.....such a beautiful country, will like to visit Malta someday.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by OBTOREPA(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Colorful Dinner in the St. Julian’s district of Malta
Please madam, I would love to meet in person.
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Tamm: 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hello @Mstravelindiva,

Your travel diary brings back memories of my 4-month stay in Malta as an exchange student in late winter/spring of 2021.

Unfortunately, your assertion that it is a friendly country to migrants and refugees is wrong and I just thought to point that out. During my stay, I also volunteered with two organisations working with refugees and the experience wasn't pleasant. In fact, I don't like to relive my experience, particularly of my visit to the detention center, as well as to Hal Far open center. Besides, a week stay in any country as a tourist cannot help anyone reach such a conclusion. These are realities that tourists don't know. My experience on a 10-day visit to Paris was definitely different from my 3-month experience working with refugees in Calais and Dunkerque in Northern France.

I hope you get what I mean. Nonetheless, Malta is a beautiful country to visit! Nice to know that you enjoyed your trip.

Mstravelindiva:

If you happen to get a multi entry Schengen visa, definitely visit since there isn’t an embassy in Nigeria. They are friendly to foreigners and immigrants.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Xiaohei:

The passport has a negative reputation because of the criminal activities of some of our countrymen in the diaspora!
come dash me WeChat red packet

E get why. I wan tell u something
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Idaytesj29(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders, it’s your girl Mstravelindiva (again)

Just a few pics from my recent trip to Malta! Malta is a beautiful (yet small) country in the middle of the Mediterranean (south of Sicily, north east of Tunisia), and I can see why Game of Thrones was filmed here! It’s simply beautiful!

It was my first time visiting so I didn’t know what to expect neither did I have any high expectations (which usually end up being the best vacations). Needless to say, Malta did not disappoint and I was blown away with the beauty of Malta, especially Gozo. Malta is an extremely friendly country and what I love most is how welcoming they are to foreigners (not just tourist but refugees and immigrants).

Here are the deets of my week stay there, I hope you enjoy the picture journey:

Split up my stay up between Westin Dragonara and the Hilton Malta. Both were considered 5* and will definitely not disappoint you. They are located in St. Julian’s. St Julian’s is where all the night life is and the best restaurants (imo) were in Valletta.

This was an incredible trip and now one of my top destinations!

Flights to Malta within Europe are incredibly cheap (saw as low as 30 Euros), and accommodations to fit all budgets are available.

Cities Visited:
Sliema
The Three Cities (Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua)
Valletta
Mdina (Silent City)
Gozo Island (booked a private chartered tour through Yippee)
Marsaxlokk (fishing village)
Blue Lagoon (crystal lagoon and the blue grotto)

UNESCO Sites Visited:
Hypogeum
Ghar Dalam Caves
National Archaeology Museum

Wineries:
Wine tasting at Marsovin (Paola) and Ta Mena (Gozo)

Safe travels my friends and be well!

I will do a vacation in Malta when my Pi coin � makes me a billionaire grin
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Egbi2020: 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2022
bonnyhope:

What's bad if we get hooked from
here

Gold digger sighted
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Ijb11: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ok
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Silentgroper(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2022
Rastaramsey:
OMG shocked shocked shocked Malta is indeed a very fine place cool cool
The food, the atmosphere and other shit are amazing....
I would love to go there one day cheesy cheesy grin
But Family must chop
" Shit"

language please.. That is prohibited here...
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by bonnyhope: 6:58pm On Oct 26, 2022
Egbi2020:

Gold digger sighted

grin grin

I think say na only women de dig gold na
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by AlphaTaikun: 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Hello Nairalanders, it’s your girl Mstravelindiva (again)

Just a few pics from my recent trip to Malta! Malta is a beautiful (yet small) country in the middle of the Mediterranean (south of Sicily, north east of Tunisia), and I can see why Game of Thrones was filmed here! It’s simply beautiful!

It was my first time visiting so I didn’t know what to expect neither did I have any high expectations (which usually end up being the best vacations). Needless to say, Malta did not disappoint and I was blown away with the beauty of Malta, especially Gozo. Malta is an extremely friendly country and what I love most is how welcoming they are to foreigners (not just tourist but refugees and immigrants).

Here are the deets of my week stay there, I hope you enjoy the picture journey:

Split up my stay up between Westin Dragonara and the Hilton Malta. Both were considered 5* and will definitely not disappoint you. They are located in St. Julian’s. St Julian’s is where all the night life is and the best restaurants (imo) were in Valletta.

This was an incredible trip and now one of my top destinations!

Flights to Malta within Europe are incredibly cheap (saw as low as 30 Euros), and accommodations to fit all budgets are available.

Cities Visited:
Sliema
The Three Cities (Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua)
Valletta
Mdina (Silent City)
Gozo Island (booked a private chartered tour through Yippee)
Marsaxlokk (fishing village)
Blue Lagoon (crystal lagoon and the blue grotto)

UNESCO Sites Visited:
Hypogeum

Ghar Dalam Caves
National Archaeology Museum

Wineries:
Wine tasting at Marsovin (Paola) and Ta Mena (Gozo)

Safe travels my friends and be well!
Malta is indeed a very beautiful international business and finance hub!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Emma4real333(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
Wow. Nice and inspiring thread I must say.

We that is in Nigeria is highly anticipating the give away because the economy is zero right now.

One love

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by whitemand4(m): 12:46am On Oct 27, 2022
Mstravelindiva:
Giveaway coming soon friends, stay tuned!

Don't forget me in your kingdom 07033340608 mtn
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by sharone21(f): 4:09am On Oct 27, 2022
davodyguy:

Wow

I think I have to visit in December.

They don't have embassy in Nigeria though

I think one Otunba does this, representing Malta embassy for more than 20years. Google
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by cooooooks(m): 4:39am On Oct 27, 2022
Your father is lazy, that's why his daughter, you, is lazy too.

grin

sharone21:

I think one Otunba does this, representing Malta embassy for more than 20years. Google
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by sharone21(f): 4:40am On Oct 27, 2022
cooooooks:

grin

My father is Mr. Capable and knows his full duties as a MAN.... Not Simps pretending to be alpha men.
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by cooooooks(m): 4:42am On Oct 27, 2022
Okay.

Cheers. Wishing you the best. May people treat you the way you treat them.

sharone21:

My father is Mr. Capable and knows his full duties as a MAN.... Not Simps pretending to be alpha men.
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by sharone21(f): 4:43am On Oct 27, 2022
cooooooks:

grin

Maybe u grew up in a home where your dad was being fed by your mum so you have this dysfunctional reasoning..... Even if woman wants to carry the house, a man's pride and love for his wife will make him do his part well so the house will always flow in abundance.
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by davodyguy: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2022
sharone21:

That Otunba is not the representative of the Embassy in Nigeria and I will never recommend patronizing any agent.

Italian Embassy in Lagos and Abuja is handling Malta Visa for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by sharone21(f): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2022
davodyguy:

That Otunba is not the representative of the Embassy in Nigeria and I will never recommend patronizing any agent.

Italian Embassy in Lagos and Abuja is handling Malta Visa for Nigerians

He represents just like the Naija guy representing Belize embassy in Nigeria
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by cooooooks(m): 8:42am On Oct 27, 2022
May your husband love you like you love him, especially if it is transactional.

sharone21:

Maybe u grew up in a home where your dad was being fed by your mum so you have this dysfunctional reasoning..... Even if woman wants to carry the house, a man's pride and love for his wife will make him do his part well so the house will always flow in abundance.
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Xiaohei(m): 2:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
WowSweetGuy:
come dash me WeChat red packet

E get why. I wan tell u something

Bwahahaha! Greetings!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by jennifer22(f): 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Totally agree friend!

OP, you have seen enough, biko I be my friend
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by jackie111(m): 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2022
Tamm:
Hello @Mstravelindiva,

Your travel diary brings back memories of my 4-month stay in Malta as an exchange student in late winter/spring of 2021.

Unfortunately, your assertion that it is a friendly country to migrants and refugees is wrong and I just thought to point that out. During my stay, I also volunteered with two organisations working with refugees and the experience wasn't pleasant. In fact, I don't like to relive my experience, particularly of my visit to the detention center, as well as to Hal Far open center. Besides, a week stay in any country as a tourist cannot help anyone reach such a conclusion. These are realities that tourists don't know. My experience on a 10-day visit to Paris was definitely different from my 3-month experience working with refugees in Calais and Dunkerque in Northern France.

I hope you get what I mean. Nonetheless, Malta is a beautiful country to visit! Nice to know that you enjoyed your trip.

Abeg gist us the bad side of Malta, make we balance everything.
Sorry for trying to make you remember those experiences. This just for education purposes.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Mstravelindiva: 4:30am On Oct 28, 2022
nony43:

How is cost of living over there? How can I get a tour guide when I visit?

Hey friend, not sure what the cost of living is, I visited as a tourist, but they are definitely a lot cheaper to visit vs the more popular western European destinations. And in my honest opinion, very welcoming and kind to foreigners including refugees.
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Mstravelindiva: 4:30am On Oct 28, 2022
aolaotan:
Nice pictures kiss

Thank you friend!
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Mstravelindiva: 4:31am On Oct 28, 2022
Angelfrost:
Valleta... So many Hollywood movies filmed in these narrow streets!

Yessss friend, including Game Of Thrones! smiley
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by nony43(m): 4:41am On Oct 28, 2022
Mstravelindiva:

Hey friend, not sure what the cost of living is, I visited as a tourist, but they are definitely a lot cheaper to visit vs the more popular western European destinations. And in my honest opinion, very welcoming and kind to foreigners including refugees.

I will see if I can visit there by next year March. I will be coming from the UK. Thanks for the guide.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Mstravelindiva: 4:46am On Oct 28, 2022
Lanshile:
Mstravelindiva I went through ur profile and realised u really do travel a lot
Is it that u are been paid to travel around or u just have passion for it

Hello friend and thank you for viewing my thread. Travel is my love language “as we like to say”, and no I am not paid to travel, it’s my hobby and I LOVE it!

Perhaps one day I’ll get a country to sponsor me to visit, but for now, I’m fine paying for it myself. If anything, it ensures an unbiased opinion and experience is being shared.

Take care and be well friend ~

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Mstravelindiva: 4:47am On Oct 28, 2022
sonety2k:
Visiting also some day

You’re going to love Malta friend!
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Mstravelindiva: 4:49am On Oct 28, 2022
voltron14:
Malta - a small country.

Also where a lot of Game of Throne Episodes were shot.

Yes friend, they also filmed an episode of “Queen Of The South” as well.

On one of our tours they shows us where GOT was filmed.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Mstravelindiva: 4:51am On Oct 28, 2022
Lordofalmajiri:
That your hand no fine Sha, E Just spoil the pics lipsrsealed

My sincere apologies friend! Lol, didn’t mean to spoil your view!
Re: My Trip To Malta and Gozo by Mstravelindiva: 4:54am On Oct 28, 2022
dyera:
No be this Malta apostle Paul shipwreck for Bible?

Yes friend, this is where the apostle Paul was shipwrecked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. / Fiberesima Ama: A Hidden Island In Rivers State (Video) / FG Buys Calibration Aircraft Worth ₦3.1 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.