Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,552 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. (347 Views)

UNGA 77: Nigeria Hijacked By Cabal-backed Terrorists – Groups Reply Buhari / Indefinite Strike: Peter Obi Laments Closure Of Universities / Lekki Tollgate Protest Ruined By Army, Not Hijacked By Hoodlums - JUDICIAL PANEL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by Gjrich(m): 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2022
The Presidential flag bearer of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi has lamented that Nigeria has been hijacked by the forces of retrogression who have been spending Dollars to buy everybody off.

“Painfully, our current dysfunctional system rewards unearned income and conspicuous consumption; allows university lecturers to remain on strike for months; keeps our youths at home; and owes pensioners, who gave their patriotic sweat and their youthful energy to serve this country.

“The despicable contrast is that those responsible for the mess – those elected to take care of them – have abandoned the national currency and are living in opulence and like kings, spend dollars to buy delegates as well as houses all over the world.

“Meanwhile, they owe most workers, lecturers and retirees. Yes, our country stands hijacked by forces of retrogression. We are almost zero in all indices of development.”

Peter Obi, who addressed the delegates shortly after he emerged as the Presidential candidate of the party, praised the delegates and those who stepped down for him for their patriotism, saying: “what you are doing today is a patriotic duty towards seeking the desired political emancipation of our dear country, which stands wounded by many years of cumulative leadership failure.”

Obi regretted that as of leaderhip failure, “our future, especially those of the youth and generations unborn, is in ruins. We have become a laughing stock among other nations, including African countries where we were once revered. As a party that represents the workers and masses of this great nation, we are people organised and working for our economic rebirth.

“As I am nominated today, I humbly proclaim that the journey towards the emancipation of the country has begun. I note with humility that the journey is going to be a collective one that will certainly require the cooperation of critical stakeholders in our country, especially the youth, whose future has been thoroughly degraded.

“I, therefore, thank all of you and call for your sustained support towards returning Nigeria to Nigerians from forces of bad leadership and retrogression. Such a noble task brooks no conscientious objectors. I hardly use war metaphors for political analysis due to my belief that politics is not adversarial and not war.

“However, permit me a little indulgence here, to relate what we are embarking on to the ancient battle of Thermopylae, where the Greek forces, conscious of fighting for the life of Greece, held on against great odds in the defence of their country.

“In the battle to retake Nigerian, the odds are great and seemingly insurmountable, but with our commitment, patriotism and understanding that we are doing, what we are supposed to do for our country, lest she shall die, we shall move on discontent with what is and focused on enthroning what ought to be. In doing this, our battle cry shall remain: get your PVC and become part of this great liberation!

“Our governance mission will be twin-tracked. Secure Nigeria in every ramification: national security, human security, food security and tackling insecurity created by unemployment. We will also seek to unite our nation by pulling our people out of poverty and creating a new sense of nationalism and patriotism.

“Nigeria shall rise again: and her people will be proud to claim ownership of her patrimony. Doing so is in our collective national interest. As I earnestly thank Nigerians for their faith in me.

“In the days ahead I will publish our governance manifesto, which will spell out our top governance priorities. I assure you that no region; state, local government or community will be left behind.

“I also assure you all that the struggle continues and that victory is certainly insight towards the guarantee of a meaningful future for our youths and making this country a respected and viable member of a 21st-century world that places high value on production overconsumption. God bless you all and God bless Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by DamianX: 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
Stand tall
Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by Sergio101(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
Points to note.

Waiting for miscreants that will talk rubbish in this beautiful thread

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by Mooh247: 7:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
I guess Atiku didn't spend dollars in 2019 when he got the VP slot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by triple996(m): 7:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
No MKPURUMIRI will ever near asorock

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by Buckeyemedia1: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
Sergio101:
Points to note.

Waiting for miscreants that will talk rubbish in this beautiful thread
Let's believe Pandora Pete didn’t know that when he purchased his pdp Presidential form?
Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by Smithkafors(m): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
triple996:
No MKPURUMIRI will ever near asorock
Poor man.... Continue
Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by Akurakambe(m): 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2022
The man of the people. He's sound, competent, brilliant and excellent.
Youths choice
Students choice
Nigerians choice
We're all OBidiently going to vote for LabourParty
Vote for Peter Obi for better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by helinues: 8:08pm On Jun 01, 2022
grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by Adonis86(m): 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2022
One with God is in majority
Re: Nigeria Has Been Hijacked By Forces Of Retrogression, Peter Obi Laments. by vanunu: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
Gjrich:

The Presidential flag bearer of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi has lamented that Nigeria has been hijacked by the forces of retrogression who have been spending Dollars to buy everybody off.

“Painfully, our current dysfunctional system rewards unearned income and conspicuous consumption; allows university lecturers to remain on strike for months; keeps our youths at home; and owes pensioners, who gave their patriotic sweat and their youthful energy to serve this country.

“The despicable contrast is that those responsible for the mess – those elected to take care of them – have abandoned the national currency and are living in opulence and like kings, spend dollars to buy delegates as well as houses all over the world.

“Meanwhile, they owe most workers, lecturers and retirees. Yes, our country stands hijacked by forces of retrogression. We are almost zero in all indices of development.”

Peter Obi, who addressed the delegates shortly after he emerged as the Presidential candidate of the party, praised the delegates and those who stepped down for him for their patriotism, saying: “what you are doing today is a patriotic duty towards seeking the desired political emancipation of our dear country, which stands wounded by many years of cumulative leadership failure.”

Obi regretted that as of leaderhip failure, “our future, especially those of the youth and generations unborn, is in ruins. We have become a laughing stock among other nations, including African countries where we were once revered. As a party that represents the workers and masses of this great nation, we are people organised and working for our economic rebirth.

“As I am nominated today, I humbly proclaim that the journey towards the emancipation of the country has begun. I note with humility that the journey is going to be a collective one that will certainly require the cooperation of critical stakeholders in our country, especially the youth, whose future has been thoroughly degraded.

“I, therefore, thank all of you and call for your sustained support towards returning Nigeria to Nigerians from forces of bad leadership and retrogression. Such a noble task brooks no conscientious objectors. I hardly use war metaphors for political analysis due to my belief that politics is not adversarial and not war.

“However, permit me a little indulgence here, to relate what we are embarking on to the ancient battle of Thermopylae, where the Greek forces, conscious of fighting for the life of Greece, held on against great odds in the defence of their country.

“In the battle to retake Nigerian, the odds are great and seemingly insurmountable, but with our commitment, patriotism and understanding that we are doing, what we are supposed to do for our country, lest she shall die, we shall move on discontent with what is and focused on enthroning what ought to be. In doing this, our battle cry shall remain: get your PVC and become part of this great liberation!

“Our governance mission will be twin-tracked. Secure Nigeria in every ramification: national security, human security, food security and tackling insecurity created by unemployment. We will also seek to unite our nation by pulling our people out of poverty and creating a new sense of nationalism and patriotism.

“Nigeria shall rise again: and her people will be proud to claim ownership of her patrimony. Doing so is in our collective national interest. As I earnestly thank Nigerians for their faith in me.

“In the days ahead I will publish our governance manifesto, which will spell out our top governance priorities. I assure you that no region; state, local government or community will be left behind.

“I also assure you all that the struggle continues and that victory is certainly insight towards the guarantee of a meaningful future for our youths and making this country a respected and viable member of a 21st-century world that places high value on production overconsumption. God bless you all and God bless Nigeria.

Shatap, are you just knowing that now, when that albino was saying it where were you.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Like A Bottled Bomb, His True Color Is Exploding. Liking Him a Bit / Owo Catholic Church Attack: It Has To Do With Politics, Residents Speaks (video) / Atiku Mimiko Project 2023, A Choice For PDP To Reclaim Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.