Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? (523 Views)

Who Gat This Spec Of Laptop / Chinese Sticker On The Laptop, Does It Indicate Fake Laptop? / My HP Mini Laptop Does Not Charge The Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by Nigeriaiscasted: 12:40am On Jun 02, 2022
A friend friend of mine is planning to get a laptop(new or fairly used) this month but he doesn't want to buy a laptop that won't have the capacity or ability to support all the programmes he wants to mainly run on the laptop.

He has no experience on laptop specifications neither do I, He's planning to Learn AutoCAD 2D&3D, graphic design, web design, programming and a few computer related stuffs so he needs a system that can accommodate all the programmes mentioned above but doesn't know the minimum requirements he need and what to look out for when buying a laptop.

Advises on the minimum specifications and price range for both new and fairly used laptops are really needed. Thanks in anticipation.

PS: Are there any special features a system needs to run these programmes?
Re: What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by slimjohn2k5: 12:46am On Jun 02, 2022
Programming doesn't really need much features but graphics need a great spec
Re: What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by Adewale1603(m): 7:09am On Jun 02, 2022
AutoCAD, softwares, web designs. get a minimum of core i3 3rd or 4th gen. HD graphics 4000. 4gb ram, 500gb hdd. for more get a system with minimum of 1gb dedicated graphics, core i5, 1st /2nd/3rd generation.
Re: What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by Udemzy05: 7:52am On Jun 02, 2022
At least 2gb dedicated graphic
Core i5
SSD
12gb RAM
At least 4th gen.

This is because of the graphic design,auto cad and probably video editing because most people with intention for graphic design usually do video editing/animation.

This spec will make things very easy especially when it comes to rendering,you won't have to spend hours to render.
Re: What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by Nigeriaiscasted: 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2022
Udemzy05:
At least 2gb dedicated graphic
Core i5
SSD
12gb RAM
At least 4th gen.

This is because of the graphic design,auto cad and probably video editing because most people with intention for graphic design usually do video editing/animation.

This spec will make things very easy especially when it comes to rendering,you won't have to spend hours to render.

Ohh my daddy.. I am just seeing this God bless you a lot. God bless you once again for your time

1 Like

Re: What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by Nigeriaiscasted: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Adewale1603:
AutoCAD, softwares, web designs. get a minimum of core i3 3rd or 4th gen. HD graphics 4000. 4gb ram, 500gb hdd. for more get a system with minimum of 1gb dedicated graphics, core i5, 1st /2nd/3rd generation.

I love you brother thanks so much. But please what laptop falls within the spec that you can suggest for me on budget of 150K pls… I will upgrade later just something for me to start with because my studio is ready. And I am not doing heavy graphic design just some little intro and outro and thumbnail design for my YouTube
Re: What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by Nigeriaiscasted: 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
If I am able to see one of i5, 1gb dedicated, 500gb, 4gig ram is it okay for a start?? I believe so
Re: What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by Adewale1603(m): 5:06am On Jun 11, 2022
Nigeriaiscasted:

I love you brother thanks so much. But please what laptop falls within the spec that you can suggest for me on budget of 150K pls… I will upgrade later just something for me to start with because my studio is ready. And I am not doing heavy graphic design just some little intro and outro and thumbnail design for my YouTube
You can still get an hp probook or elitebook folio core i5 5th gen or 6th gen. intel hd graphics. 4gb ram minimum. and an SSD drive
Re: What Minimum Spec Of Laptop Does He Needs? by Nigeriaiscasted: 6:16am On Jun 11, 2022
Adewale1603:
You can still get an hp probook or elitebook folio core i5 5th gen or 6th gen. intel hd graphics. 4gb ram minimum. and an SSD drive

Thanks baba

(1) (Reply)

Dell Latitude 7390 For Sale / Need A Gaming Laptop?? Open This. / SOLD!!!Super Neat HP 15s Laptop For Sale.@ 185k... Price reduced !..SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.