Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing (1514 Views)

Travelling To USA Or School Of Nursing??pls Advice Me. / Any Scholarship To Do Bsc Nursing Overseas? / RN-BSC Nursing In The UK. Any Advice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by BabaCommander: 12:51am On Jun 02, 2022
I have a young wife who has paid her dues, so I am thinking of relocating her and our 3 kids to any of these 3 countries UK/US/CA. She will need to work because I am not planning to go with em yet, maybe will join later. We are looking at how she would be able to get a job fairly quickly.

She's in the medical field (CHEW) Community health extention worker, but I believe her certificate is useless and cannot be used in the West so we are planing that she's going back to school.

The issue we can't decide on atm is if she should go to School of Nursing of go the university and run a bsc nursing degree. We need the option that would get her a job fairly quickly.

Please, help me out.
Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by Richdee1(m): 11:06am On Jun 02, 2022
BSC Nursing
My Opinion
Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by Jennifer89(f): 5:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
Bsc Nursing
Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by BabaCommander: 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ťhank you folks.
Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by VMuna: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
BabaCommander:
I have a young wife who has paid her dues, so I am thinking of relocating her and our 3 kids to any of these 3 countries UK/US/CA. She will need to work because I am not planning to go with em yet, maybe will join later. We are looking at how she would be able to get a job fairly quickly.

She's in the medical field (CHEW) Community health extention worker, but I believe her certificate is useless and cannot be used in the West so we are planing that she's going back to school.

The issue we can't decide on atm is if she should go to School of Nursing of go the university and run a bsc nursing degree. We need the option that would get her a job fairly quickly.

Please, help me out.

If she has paid her dues as you claim, why do you want to further burden her with working, catering for three kids and nursing school, all alone in a foreign country, while you catch cruise alone in your home country?
Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by BabaCommander: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
VMuna:

If she has paid her dues as you claim, why do you want to further burden her with working, catering for three kids and nursing school, all alone in a foreign country, while you catch cruise alone in your home country?
I didn't mention anything about family arrangement in my op because we have that covered already.

She will do the schooling here before leaving with the kids. Obviously she has to work to keep herselp busy since I would not be around most of the time.

1 Like

Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by ednut1(m): 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
BabaCommander:

I didn't mention anything about family arrangement in my op because we have that covered already.

She will do the schooling here before leaving with the kids. Obviously she has to work to keep herselp busy since I would not be around most of the time.
nurses work long hours. Plus daycare is costly. U expect a woman to be abroad alone working and taking care of 3 kids You are a wicked and an heartless husband. Shame on you

1 Like

Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by BabaCommander: 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
ednut1:
nurses work long hours. Plus daycare is costly. U expect a woman to be abroad alone working and taking care of 3 kids You are a wicked and an heartless husband. Shame on you
Hmmm!
Daycare is costly...
Rent is costly..
groceries cost alot...
Energy cost is sky high, how's she going to cope in winter...

You know what?
Alot of folks can still aford em.

I didn't ask about how life in the West is like. I ASKED ABOUT THE BEST CERTIFICATION to follow.

I was looking for answers from folks with practical experience, not how to arrange a family travel.

I hope it's clear to you now?

2 Likes

Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by Cousin9999: 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
The fastest route is LPN (not a bachelor's) in America.

Here are the base salary differences in America (average, and not including overtime):

LPN - 50K
RN (bachelor's) - 75K
NP (master's) - 100K

Depending on the location and type of nursing, some LPNs start at 70K.
Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by Focusmind: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
From what I understood about the OP's post, he wants the wife to enroll in nursing program here in Nigeria, get the qualification and use it to start applying for nursing jobs in those countries he mentioned. He didnt intend that the wife would be abroad with the kids, studying nursing. When she eventually gets job overseas, she would relocate with the kids. His intentions are not bad at all.

There are families like that, where the man is working in Nigeria and the wife is in Canada working and living with their kids.

2 Likes

Re: School Of Nursing Or Bsc Nursing by suzyberry(f): 1:02am On Jun 03, 2022
If your goal is for relocation, I will suggest she goes the School of Nursing route. For most relocation purposes, all she needs is to be a registered Nurse plus no ASUU strike and no delay. 3 complete years and she is done if she passes all her exams. The bnsc route is best of she wants to practice in Nigeria, 5 years +x (ASUU strike) except she goes to a private University. Another year for internship and another for Nysc. The only downside of a just having a R.N cert for relocation is that some agencies especially for USA will not take up your application if you don't have a bnsc and most of them require you to have some work experience. On the other hand, she can relocate to UK with her chew cert as a carer. Do your research well before you make your choice. It will not be easy for her to cope alone with 3 children while working either as a nurse or as a carer. Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

London School Of Business And Finance (manchester) Is Offering 40% Disc. On Acca / Do You Need A Sponsor Bank Account For Your Visa Application? / Refuge Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.