Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws (31781 Views)

Japa: Reps Vote Against Anti — Migration Motion / We Won't Obey Your Satanic Anti-Grazing Laws - Miyetti Allah / Why I Kicked Against My Wife’s Third Term — TINUBU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by adenigga(m): 7:22am On Jun 02, 2022
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2023 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, had on January 31, 2019 kicked against the open grazing prohibition and ranches establishment law enacted in some States across the country.

Atiku, who was answering questions on a talkshow “The Candidates” a month before the 2019 general elections, said the law was unconstitutional and infringed on the rights of Fulani herdsmen to freedom of movement and residence across the country.

The presidential candidate of the main opposition party declared that the law cannot be upheld.

He said, “We have to look at the constitutionality of those laws. I’m not sure whether they come with the provisions of our constitution which guarantees freedom of movement, the right to reside wherever you want in the country and so on, and so forth. So we have to look at that.

“The constitution does not restrict the movement of people in Nigeria, so any law that restricts people from moving freely and doing their legitimate business can’t be upheld”.

DAILY POST reports that some of the governors who signed the prohibition bill into law in their various States are currently supporting Atiku to emerge as next Nigerian President.

Apart from Benue State in the North Central, about seven States in the Southern part of the country, including Lagos have enacted the law.

Ekiti State signed the anti-open grazing bill into law in 2016, it allows for at least six months imprisonment for defaulters.

Abia State also signed its own in 2018, while Bayelsa State Governor Douye Diri signed the bill into law in March 2021, stating that the target is to stop incessant clashes between herdsmen and farmers in the State.

Recall also that the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike signed the bill into law in August 2021.

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel while signing the anti-open grazing law in September 2021, said open grazing had affected the development of the State.

Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi also signed the bill on September 15, 2021.

Meanwhile, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State and his Rivers State counterpart, Nyesom Wike have vowed to support Atiku’s presidential ambition and ensure he succeeds President Muhammadu Buhari.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/FLASHBACK-How-Atiku-kicked-against-anti-open-grazing-laws

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by connection77: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Truthisunique2: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2022
Trust me no new ideas can come out of this old fulani man except to recoup all he has been spending since decades

I look at the likes of dino that have turned their support to this man for the hope of chopping

Make we first complete tinubu disgrace on Monday and face this thief next

422 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2022
Ban na Bastard sha...What a lengthy one..

Who miss me?

Let this Cameroon guy gerrat jare.

Let's get started..Where are the people who love insulting igbos..OYE don show. Another Ban loading,I can smell it and I love it..

285 Likes 86 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Parachoko: 7:29am On Jun 02, 2022
I've seen people on Nairaland asking for Osinbanjo and Tinubu achievement, I've not seen those same people asking for Atiku achievement in Government till now.

Well, on Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba

398 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Talawaka: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2022
You can fool some people some times but you cannot fool all the people all the time. grin
History won't absolve some of the current gladiators of past sins.

320 Likes 95 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Orestino(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2022
9ja! We never ready sha

No be this 2023 we go get sense

Na 2031 Una go get sense 'cos by that time, I for don commot this country. I'll be praying for 9ja from diaspora

What a shithole cheesy

293 Likes 82 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Smithkafors(m): 8:01am On Jun 02, 2022
Parachoko:
I've seen people on Nairaland asking for Osinbanjo and Tinubu achievement, I've not seen those same people asking for Atiku achievement in Government till now.

Well, on Bola Ahmed Tinubu Mandate I Stand Gidigba
You guys are evil!, someone who could not transform Lagos the supposed state with highest revenue will transform Nigeria?. Una no well.

321 Likes 86 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by flamingREED(m): 8:06am On Jun 02, 2022
See my signature.

Time to trust God, not man.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Rastaramsey(m): 8:21am On Jun 02, 2022
See wetin people wan vote undecided undecided
That means insecurity go continue if APC commot sef undecided undecided
Damn damn damn
Vote Peter obi and know peace....

He might not be a saint but he is better off all of APC and PDP candidates..

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Parachoko: 8:34am On Jun 02, 2022
Smithkafors:

You guys are evil!, someone who could not transform Lagos the supposed state with highest revenue will transform Nigeria?. Una no well.
What do you mean by he could not transform Lagos? If you have been living in Lagos before the military handed over to the civilians, you won't be talking like this.

Who stopped the issue of Bar Beach water flowing into Victoria Island?

336 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by shaggy007(m): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2022
Parachoko:

Well, on Bola Ahmed Tinubu MANHOOD I Stand Gidigba

corrected

299 Likes 87 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by omoadeleye(m): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2022
Lolz
Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by abobote: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2022
All this propaganda will not work.
2023 is a goal for Atiku Abubakar

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by excomarow(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2022
Make una dey dia dey speak English

...#Osibanjo/Zulum is the answer cool

283 Likes 93 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Stevenson20: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2022
Atiku will be worse than Buhari. All these old thieves need to be shown the exit door, they have nothing to offer.

Go and get your PVC and vote wisely.
Our LABOUR shall not be in vain. Amen

29 Likes

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Dailymice: 8:47am On Jun 02, 2022
Atiku bandits are out to put him out as a good man which is evil but Tinubu Urchins are not in any way different

8 Likes

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by sanpipita(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2022
Atiku that's Sheikh Gumi's padi, guess who has been calling for Ministry of herdsmen to be established?

https://gazettengr.com/like-niger-delta-bandits-herdsmen-should-get-their-own-ministry-sheik-gumi/

12 Likes

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Axnftjar: 8:48am On Jun 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2022
grin
Campaign don start.
Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Afonjamuslim24(f): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2022
Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Dengoh(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2022
We actually know who Atiku is.
It will be disaster having Atiku as a president after a Buhari'.
We know some people are bent on total collapse of the country but God pass them.

And I wonder how much of our commonwealth has been stolen, for someone to be contesting and spending the way he does every four years, yet not tired.
PDP never disappoint, bunch of crooks.

276 Likes 91 Shares

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by Akinsete19(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2022
Thank God he is showing his real colour before the election. We already know voting for him is a no-go area.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Kicked Against Anti-Open Grazing Laws by updatechange(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2022
A ti ku Fe pa wa

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Is Tinubu? Reno Omokri Is Asking Nigerians / Pro-jonathan Rally Turns Violent In Kaduna, Several Injured / Fayose In Convocation Gown At EKSU Convocation Ceremony(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.