Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Nigeria Website Pattern - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria Website Pattern (1102 Views)

Supreme Court Of Nigeria Website Hacked!!! / Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? / Re-branding Nigeria Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Website Pattern by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2011
why is it that almost every Nigeria website has 9ja, nija, naija, or logo with green colour or background and the green is plain and ugly them no dey change.
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by udezekene(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2011
the basic reason why people "web designers" use the green and white colors on Nigerian websites is simply because they want visitors to i dentify that the site is Nigerian.
However we don't need the national color to be on every Nigerian site, what we need is to enable our own country based domains .com.ng on our websites. Then, visitors and the whole internet can identify that this site is truely Nigerian,
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2011
really so other country web designers they do that 2 shey
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by guru01(m): 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2011
Is just a way to identify them self as truly Nigerian, especially to let the visitor and search engines know that this page or site is for only Nigerian visitors.

But its not encouraging.
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by yawatide(f): 3:42am On Jul 19, 2011
How many american sites are red, white and blue?
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 20, 2011
help me ask the people when support the motion of green by must
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by udezekene(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
Having seen the replies following my comment, i don't know if the replies are directed at me or the author of this topic. If they are at me, then i take it that it is because of 2 possible reasons
1. My post was not read properly
2. My post was not understood.
I'd take the former to be the most likely. See in my post i didn't say it was a good thing for "green and white" websites thus resulting in me suggesting another/correct way (domain) of proving a websites' proudly Nigerian status.
The use of green, white could be cause of some reasons, i mean the if a site owner tells you the designer that he/she wants a green white green site, u'll be damned if you don't produce one. As a professional web designer, it is your job to try and dissuade them from that choice and of course this depends on the kind of website they want. But that is as far as it goes for the web designer "try and dissuade" , the ultimate power lies in the hands of the site owner. Colour in designs of Nigerian sites should be the least of our wories, The major problem in the industry is lack of professionalism, i mean every person who owns a laptop can lay claim to beign a "website designer". Then they get a job (which they'll charge a paltry sum thus making the professionals look bad) google up a template and use it for the job. They are so lazy/incompetent that they don't take time to even remove the "LOREM IPSUM DOLOR" put in the template by the original designer. This trend is what we should be woried about not some green white green site. How many Nigerian green white green sites do you know? They are so little that they can go on the web un-noticed among the over 1million Nigerian websites. So green white green website syndrome (lol) CANNOT be considered a trend in the Nigerian "webmosphere".
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by udezekene(m): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2011
Having seen the replies following my comment, i don't know if the replies are directed at me or the author of this topic. If they are at me, then i take it that it is because of 2 possible reasons
1. My post was not read properly
2. My post was not understood.
I'd take the former to be the most likely. See in my post i didn't say it was a good thing for "green and white" websites thus resulting in me suggesting another/correct way (domain) of proving a websites' proudly Nigerian status.
The use of green, white could be cause of some reasons, i mean the if a site owner tells you the designer that he/she wants a green white green site, u'll be damned if you don't produce one. As a professional web designer, it is your job to try and dissuade them from that choice and of course this depends on the kind of website they want. But that is as far as it goes for the web designer "try and dissuade" , the ultimate power lies in the hands of the site owner. Colour in designs of Nigerian sites should be the least of our wories, The major problem in the industry is lack of professionalism, i mean every person who owns a laptop can lay claim to beign a "website designer". Then they get a job (which they'll charge a paltry sum thus making the professionals look bad) google up a template and use it for the job. They are so lazy/incompetent that they don't take time to even remove the "LOREM IPSUM DOLOR" put in the template by the original designer. This trend is what we should be woried about not some green white green site. How many Nigerian green white green sites do you know? They are so little that they can go on the web un-noticed among the over 1million Nigerian websites. So green white green website syndrome (lol) CANNOT be considered a trend in the Nigerian "webmosphere".
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2011
@udezekene  it wasn't directed towards u dont be offended it just it now common every where on nigeria site and the in the case of LOREM IPSUM DOLOR someone just uploaded ajax site asking to comment on it on webmaster section  this LOREM IPSUM DOLOR was still in there
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by DualCore1: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
udezekene:

the whole internet can identify that this site is truely Nigerian,

Sorry, as of this moment I don't want any of my online investments (intended for the international online audience) tied to a country like Nigeria. Trash that "proudly Nigerian" logo you see on sites, there's nothing to be proud of.

- MY VIEWS -
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by instinctg(m): 9:39am On Jul 25, 2011
Dual Core:

Sorry, as of this moment I don't want any of my online investments (intended for the international online audience) tied to a country like Nigeria. Trash that "proudly Nigerian" logo you see on sites, there's nothing to be proud of.

- MY VIEWS -
cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2011
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by DualCore1: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2011
My brothers make una no vex, this Nigerian identity has showed me much pepper in international scenes and I know you too must have been victims of the same.

Because of the kinda businesses I run I face all kinds of rubbish for being a Nigerian. Check whois on 2 of my major online investments (trudigits.com and sisvps.com) and see where dem dey point. There is no kinda Government issued document I havn't given to all kinds of authorities, agencies, payment gateways, datacenters e.t.c to show I am clean.
Watch some dudes almost grill me here for being a Nigerian VPS provider: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/sisvps-5-256mb-openvz-vps-in-germany/#comments
Thanks to the guy sha, my defense was able to fetch some 45 vps customers in 2 weeks, from there.

In most places outside Africa the word "Nigerian" can be used interchangeably with "Scammer" and the point will still be understood. Those madmen don't know that Nigeria is just known for a high quantity of scam not quality. US and UK pull very quality scams but because na once in a while dem dey catch dem so its played low. What do we know as per scam? Formats, westernunion, email bombing. . . that's crap. You may be following the phone cracking scandal that is sweeping the entire pacific now. . . now that's scam, call it scandal if you may.

As for hope, I really dunno. This problem isnt originating from one branch of the tree that cutting that branch off will solve. We both know where e start from.
Re: Nigeria Website Pattern by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
i feel ur pain cry

(1) (Reply)

BLOGGERS VILLA. (meet With Fellow Bloggers) / I Need A Professional Website In Four Days / Enjoy Free Unlimited Browsing On MTN Nigeria With 0.0k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.