Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? (4220 Views)

Supreme Court Of Nigeria Website Hacked!!! / 3good Facts About Airtel's Nigeria 2good Time Package / Re-branding Nigeria Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by sweetpawn1: 1:07am On Nov 21, 2011
I checked this link: http://www.ng.airtel.com/Extras/AirtelMobileInternet.aspx which for some reason is no longer available and was shocked to see that the server gave me an error message!
I mean a WHOLE airtel cannot clean up their website! No wonder their services suck! Pooh!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by yawatide(f): 9:37am On Nov 21, 2011
He he.  what do you expect when we don't have, generally speaking, a testing tradition under our belts?  It doesn't end with, "this is a good design".  A website needs to be maintained.  Furthermore, when stuff changes on a site, there needs to be some form of regression testing, in addition to testing for the newly added (or removed) functionality.

As they say, you don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.  Call me picky and weird but by acts like this, I would not only conclude never to use them but not to work for them or hire anyone who is currently working for them in certain capacities.

Isn't this the same company that recently let go of more than a few Nigerian workers, on account of wanting to move to Ghana, due to cost (or whatever crappy reason they gave at the time)? If this is true, then I suggest they rehire those people, create a Quality Assurance department and put all those people in that department. Heck! I am not a tester but if they are willing to do this, I will consult for them on this, free of charge.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by hamsky: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2011
Guess you went to the Wrong link or may b u were trying search it on your Nokia 3300. this is the actual link: http://www.ng.airtel.com/
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by ibide(m): 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2011
Pls some 1 shoud help me out with this topic caouse i did not know how to post topic do we have urhobo's as indigenes of bayelsa state ? If yes whice of the area can we find them ? And how populated they are ? Is their any of their son in government either appointed or elected cause i red one tel wile i was still small in 2002 that they the urhobo's of bayelsa wun't be short change in 2003 election pls help me out am an urhobo of delta i have been telling my friends in lagos that we have urhobo's in bayelsa
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by yawatide(f): 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2011
hamsky:

What you are referencing is the root, which works.

Even if we had the url wrong, the error message we are seeing is actually very unprofessional. Check CNN's 404 error page for an easy reference:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/21/opinion/gergen-reckless-congress/indexs.html?hpt=hp_c2

See the difference? Regardless, it still goes back to the fact that we don't have a testing culture in our web design processes in Nigeria, generally speaking.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by lifestyle1(m): 7:53pm On Nov 21, 2011
bro wetin you wan make we do to this naa ? make we shut am down ? grin
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2011
Tax them for not maintaining their site
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by yawatide(f): 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2011
Left for me, I would do what I had said at first:
Isn't this the same company that recently let go of more than a few Nigerian workers, on account of wanting to move to Ghana, due to cost (or whatever crappy reason they gave at the time)? If this is true, then I suggest they rehire those people, create a Quality Assurance department and put all those people in that department. Heck! I am not a tester but if they are willing to do this, I will consult for them on this, free of charge.

Seems only fair. . .
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by hrhobi1(m): 5:42am On Nov 22, 2011
Tell me which nigerian made website functions well
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by Ihengote: 8:20am On Nov 22, 2011
[quote author=sweet-pawn link=topic=807840.msg9598366#msg9598366 date=1321834063]
I checked this link: http://www.ng.airtel.com/Extras/AirtelMobileInternet.aspx which for some reason is no longer available and was shocked to see that the server gave me an error message!
I mean a WHOLE airtel cannot clean up their website! No wonder their services suck! Pooh!
[quote][/quote]

Y r u going to their root folder, y not go straight to http://www.ng.airtel.com and free your self from stres,
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by chuckdee4(m): 10:00am On Nov 22, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

He he. what do you expect when we don't have, generally speaking, a testing tradition under our belts? It doesn't end with, "this is a good design". A website needs to be maintained. Furthermore, when stuff changes on a site, there needs to be some form of regression testing, in addition to testing for the newly added (or removed) functionality.

As they say, you don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression. Call me picky and weird but by acts like this, I would not only conclude never to use them but not to work for them or hire anyone who is currently working for them in certain capacities.

Nigerian companies seem to think testing is a waste of time, makes you wonder what SDLC they used in the oproduction of their apps and software.
Foreign companies that invest heavily in QA know that they can't afford to let their customer down, stuff like this clearly shows what the likes of Airtel and co think of their customers
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by yawatide(f): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
hrhobi1:
come on man! Even in the midst of garbage, you are bound to find a rose tongue
Re: Airtel Nigeria Website Error Prone? by jamessmith2099: 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2011
More surprising was the manner the telecom giant attempted to justify its indiscretion and insensitivity.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Smtp Scanner / 5 Ways To Keep Readers On Your Blog Longer / How To Generate Visa Cards On A Commercial Level

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.