Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? (421 Views)

Interesting Things about Godly Fasting & Vision In "Book of Acts" (2nd added) / Remove The Unwanted Muslim Oath From My Signature MOD / RCCG Says Posting Open Heavens On Social Media Without Permission Is Illegal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
Nairaland Religion Moderators, Seun, Justwise, Mynd44 & lalasticlala

I rarely talk about Religion or make any Religious comment on Nairaland, so why was this signature added to my account without my consent?

I never added this, neither did I comment on this.

I cannot also change this statement, I tried to remove it but it never goes away.

Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Hashabiah: 5:02pm On Jun 02, 2022
Lol...you are now a Muslim. grin

1 Like

Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hashabiah:
Lol...you are now a Muslim. grin

Really? Wow. Just like that I was converted.

1 Like

Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
maybe your login have been pinched (cus i also see some link that will lead you to a page where you need to loggin ) try changing your password with email and log out from all device (install an anti virus against malware or keylogger
Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ferrytech:
maybe your login have been pinched (cus i also see some link that will lead you to a page where you need to loggin ) try changing your password with email and log out from all device (install an anti virus against malware or keylogger

Thank you, I will do just that.

Also the text was appended to my signature and it comes from Database of Nairaland, so It is already stamped with my user credentials.

I use a mac, I wonder if a keylogger will be that powerful to update my browsers.
Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
truthsayer009:

Thank you, I will do just that.

Also the text was appended to my signature and it comes from Database of Nairaland, so It is already stamped with my user credentials.

I use a mac, I wonder if a keylogger will be that powerful to update my browsers.
key logger keep all the keys you press and be monitored (avoid link on nairaland) some are malware
Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ferrytech:
key logger keep all the keys you press and be monitored (avoid link on nairaland) some are malware

Thank you.
Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by peggywebbs(f): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
Did you at one time post on the Muslim section? There's a declaration there that makes you swear to only believe in Allah

truthsayer009:
Nairaland Religion Moderators, Seun, Justwise, Mynd44 & lalasticlala

I rarely talk about Religion or make any Religious comment on Nairaland, so why was this signature added to my account without my consent?

I never added this, neither did I comment on this.

I cannot also change this statement, I tried to remove it but it never goes away.

1 Like

Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by kennethfranc(m): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
I'm sure you mistakenly clicked that Yes section. But this is very bad. I don't think they will reverse it.

The most funny thing is that Muslims don't have to disown their allah when commenting but not so if reverse should be the case.

Seun u no try for this at all

1 Like

Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 03, 2022
peggywebbs:
Did you at one time post on the Muslim section? There's a declaration there that makes you swear to only believe in Allah

Oh, I think that was it, but I never posted anything there. I was sleeping and scrolling through my phone, then I had clicked it. I am not sure I even read it. Even still, it was a mistake because I have never posted anything under Muslim section.
Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 03, 2022
kennethfranc:
I'm sure you mistakenly clicked that Yes section. But this is very bad. I don't think they will reverse it.

The most funny thing is that Muslims don't have to disown their allah when commenting but not so if reverse should be the case.

Seun u no try for this at all

Yes, I just remembered now. It was mid-night some days ago and I was actually half asleep. I must have clicked on that prompt somehow. I never posted anything in Muslim section, neither do I ever intend to post. Even in Religious section I have never done that.

There should also be a way to remove this, because this mistake can happen to anyone for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by begoniaa: 12:44am On Jul 09, 2022
E don go na, abi e still dey there? Why is your signature still there?

The text disappears after a while, so long as you don't consistently post on the Islamic threads.
Re: Moderators - Why Is This Signature Added To My Account Without My Permission? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
begoniaa:
E don go na, abi e still dey there? Why is your signature still there?

Okay i will remove the signature.

(1) (Reply)

The Doors Of Greatness Open In Jesus Name / Have You Ever Seen A Witch Or A Wizard ? / Mixed Feelings In Nigeria As Popular US Preacher, Crefo Dollar Renounces Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.