Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy (257 Views)

30-year-old Woman Spends 1.8 Million To Marry Herself (video) / INTERPOL Declares 24-year-old Lady Munachim Onyia Wanted Over ₦5.3 Billion Scam / Actress Shan George Dated 24-year-old Lover In 2011| Www.e-nigeriang.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy by Hazelmarvie: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
A 24-year-old Indian woman, Kshama Bindu, is set to marry herself in what is said to be India's first solo wedding, or sologamy.

The woman from Vadodara in Gujarat will tie the knot with herself on June 11, 2022, and the wedding will feature everything...from the 'pheras' and wedding vows to a honeymoon but won't have a groom or 'baraat'.

24-year-old woman set to marry herself in India

"I never wanted to get married. But I did want to become a bride. So I decided to marry myself,” Kshama told TimesofIndia

According to TOI, she did some online research to find out if any woman has married herself in the country, but couldn’t find any.

"Maybe I am the first to set an example of self-love in our country,” she said.

"Self-marriage is a commitment to be there for yourself and unconditional love for oneself. It’s also an act of self-acceptance. People marry someone they love. I love myself and hence this wedding,” explained Kshama, who works for a private firm.

She said some might perceive self-marriage as irrelevant. “But what I am actually trying to portray is that women matter,” she said, adding that her parents are open-minded and have given their blessings to her wedding.

Kshama has written five vows for her wedding to be solemnised at a temple in Gotri. And that’s not all.

A two-week honeymoon in Goa is also on her list of post-wedding.

https://www.premierupdate.com.ng/2022/06/24-year-old-woman-set-to-marry-herself.html?m=1

Re: 24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy by Orestino(m): 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
Awkwardly weird grin

Whey dick plenty for town
Re: 24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy by God1000(m): 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2022
This is unheard of
Re: 24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy by Afamsi: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2022
Feminism taking to a new level
Re: 24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy by Rastaramsey(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
Make she enter Nigeria taste my gbola first grin grin
That sense wey she no get
She go get am by force grin grin
Re: 24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy by MITCHELL96: 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
grin grin

She'll regret it

This is not the first time I'm hearing such news and the regret that comes with it grin

Naso one Oyinbo girl marry her yard fence, eww! grin grin
Re: 24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
I can fvcking do this! Self love is the best! I'm so happy for her...
Re: 24-year-old Woman Set To Marry Herself In India's First Sologamy by advanceDNA: 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Marry is verb, meaning to join together.....does it even make sense joining yourself to yourself?

People just have a funny way of showing their frustrations

(1) (Reply)

Matured Advise Needed. / A Lagos Driver Removed His Boxer And Defecated To Fight LASTMA Officials! / Ileya Cow Rope Cut Loose And Escape. Funny Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.