Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,844 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye (46816 Views)

India Changes Name To Bharat? G20 invitation Fuels Rumours / Türkiye Rejected US Proposal To Send Russian S-400 Defense System To Ukraine / Bahrain Recognizes Israel As A Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Beautygoddesss: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2022
wolesmile:

If you're familiar with history, you'll know Ghana used to be Gold Coast before they changed to Ghana, and Cote d'Ivoire used to be Ivory Coast.
true

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Regie2bless: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2022
Macsjebs:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61671913

the Netherlands change its name from Holland because the name resemble Hollandia milk.
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Beautygoddesss: 8:59am On Jun 03, 2022
RichProminent:
Which state precisely? I'm always happy when I see someone from the north on nairaland.
is that so.y nt date someone 4rm d northundecided
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by FireUpNow(m): 9:00am On Jun 03, 2022
No matter the rebranding, the bird sound is still there.

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Beautygoddesss: 9:02am On Jun 03, 2022
Turkey and Turkiye same tin jor
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by optimusprime2(m): 9:03am On Jun 03, 2022
It's a thing of pronunciation... even if the spelling is changed, Native English speakers will hardly pull that off.
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by RichProminent(m): 9:04am On Jun 03, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
is that so.y nt date someone 4rm d northundecided
You see the love am talking about? wetin make u follow me cum foreign section.
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Lacash: 9:05am On Jun 03, 2022
Macsjebs:

Our corrupt Money sucking bad leaders we not see this ooo, Na the cursed name wey one Efulefu don give us since we still dey answer. Nigeria, Ojo jumo lanji Riya grin
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Beautygoddesss: 9:06am On Jun 03, 2022
RichProminent:
You see the love am talking about? wetin make u follow me cum foreign section.
who follow u cum.d topic dey front page.i clicked on it only 2 see ur comment.or na u dey follow me Nor be only love na lave
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by RichProminent(m): 9:08am On Jun 03, 2022
Beautygoddesss:
who follow u cum.d topic dey front page.i clicked on it only 2 see ur comment.or na u dey follow me Nor be only love na lave
You love me joor.
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Beautygoddesss: 9:09am On Jun 03, 2022
RichProminent:
You love me joor.
dey deceive urself
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by harmony75: 9:11am On Jun 03, 2022
Noted
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Truvelisback(m): 9:21am On Jun 03, 2022
Turkiye, an Ijaw man would understand the mean. grin
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Truvelisback(m): 9:23am On Jun 03, 2022
Once a Turkey is always a Turkey.
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Truvelisback(m): 9:24am On Jun 03, 2022
post=113419876:

Turkey and Turkeyi......

Same ni
Turkey is Masculine while Turkiye is Feminine. Do u gerrit? grin
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by jametex(m): 9:30am On Jun 03, 2022
I just checked live score now what I saw was turkey
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by adonis89(m): 9:44am On Jun 03, 2022
wolesmile:

If you're familiar with history, you'll know Ghana used to be Gold Coast before they changed to Ghana, and Cote d'Ivoire used to be Ivory Coast.
Mr man I know all that. Turkiye has been their unofficial name. Prior to now if u visit most Turkish websites, you'll always see that name Turkiye
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by rita25(f): 9:45am On Jun 03, 2022
YOU SABI WASSUP
Epstein:
Wales suppose follow
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Honestfrend: 10:03am On Jun 03, 2022
grin grin
pavoda:
Nigeria should request to formally change its name to United African Republic (UAR)
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by izubext007: 10:41am On Jun 03, 2022
Just like NEPA little children of now days is still calling, turkey will remain in the tongue of millions
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by temielects(m): 11:00am On Jun 03, 2022
Unzerious:
I hope they change the Name of their capital from Ankara to Aso-ebi grin
or damask grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:09am On Jun 03, 2022
This is another dictator that is bend on be persido 4 d rest of his life... someone that doesn't want to see it as half a Christian nation... less than 1% Christians..

Yeye.. bird ko.. fried turkey ni....
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by TheCrusader14: 11:41am On Jun 03, 2022
The accursed British cage

pavoda:
Nigeria should request to formally change its name to United African Republic (UAR)
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by lagosrd: 11:45am On Jun 03, 2022
If you like keep changing the name, all I know is that turkey will eventually chicken out. �✋✋✋✋
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by maste: 11:58am On Jun 03, 2022
Your name should be changed to vulture. That land used to be called Constantinople then the jihadists moved in and destroyed the original owners of the land and changed the name to Turkey just like the fulanis under the watch of Buhari want to achieve in Nigeria. Of course the will fail big time. THE BIGGER THEY COME THE HARDER THEY FALL.
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by wolesmile(m): 11:58am On Jun 03, 2022
adonis89:
Mr man I know all that. Turkiye has been their unofficial name. Prior to now if u visit most Turkish websites, you'll always see that name Turkiye
Why that comment then?
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by zinaunreal(m): 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2022
RichProminent:
Which state precisely? I'm always happy when I see someone from the north on nairaland.

As my papa na ex military, we moved from born to Kaduna to Niger before going south west lagos
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Emperormartin(m): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
As someone that loves history, there are some countries that have been existing even before the coming of Jesus Christ and one of those countries was Greece.

Now, Greek neighbors are Turkey but Turkey isn’t their original names as it wasn’t mention in the Bible or any books of antiquity.

So I asked what was there original name? And if they don’t know what was Greece calling them in the year before Christ (BC)

Something tells me Turkey or Türkiye as they call themselves are the people of ancient Troy.
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by macof(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
pquaver:
Turkey is know as Türkei here
Turkey is Puten (bird) in German

The issue seems to only affect English.. They must not like how in English the name is also known for the bird grin
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by macof(m): 12:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
OrdinaryNigeria:
We know its a Christian nation that was forcefully converted. According to history.

If one religion cease the whole world, convert everybody to theirs, then wat else? Will there be peace afterward?

Religion is the greatest killer of humanity

The area was a Christian area before Turks founded the nation there.
Turkey itself was never a Christian "Nation"
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by Sleekfingers: 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
Macsjebs:

Is like something dey worry una......Na TOLOTOLO be una name.....and that's what the whole world has been calling una........
In Sunny voice, Naso , naso TOLOTOLO dey do
Re: 'We Are Not A Bird But A Nation': Turkey Changes Name To Türkiye by youngwiz628: 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
turkey to the world wink

i go just chop that country smiley grin grin grin

turkey na turkey notin can change that !! grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Shot Dead For 'blasphemy' In Pakistan Courtroom / Walmart Shooter: I Was Led By Satan (Pics) / 2 Mozambique Police Trainers Impregnate 15 Female Police Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.