Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos (21175 Views)

Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by morikee: 5:43am On Jun 03, 2022
Omo on my Birthday
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by samtinx(m): 5:52am On Jun 03, 2022
cry i can't forget the cry in Abuja the next day,twas like almost all locations in Abuja was affected
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by mbasharon(m): 6:00am On Jun 03, 2022
May their souls continue to rest in peace
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Ilaje1: 6:03am On Jun 03, 2022
chatinent:

And both engines went bad? No signals?

Read it and you will get better understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by cardoctor(m): 6:05am On Jun 03, 2022
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by CaptainStephen(m): 6:16am On Jun 03, 2022
chatinent:

It happens
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by AutoReportNG: 6:17am On Jun 03, 2022
May they continue to rest in peace...

Nice one naptu2

Here Are Simple Ways To Check And Verify Your Driver's License Online

https://autoreportng.com/2020/07/how-to-check-and-verify-your-drivers-license-online.html
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Elueme: 6:24am On Jun 03, 2022
Hmm. That day remained very dark in our sordid history as a country. Going by this report the pilot was reckless among other factors but who speaks for a dead man?
R.I.P my man Levi Ajuonoma. You made my days I the early millennium with the "open house party". Your voice still rings in my ears. Continue to RIP all the departed fellow citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Munzy14(m): 6:27am On Jun 03, 2022
chatinent:

There was signals, but the proud captain neglected..A typical human attributes..

Carelessness lead to that crash..

And some others.

The moment a fault is detected, diversion to nearest Airport should be made immediately..But this ones continued with one Engine until it happened...Sad memories.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Humulity: 6:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Very unfortunate incident.
Dana air recruitment process then was horrible.
Some of the first set of Pilots were interviewed by people with no idea on aviation. They were employed based on pricing and not experience.
Will rather travel by road than use the airline.
Family of nine perish in one avoidable accident.
May they rest in peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by chatinent: 6:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Munzy14:

There was signals, but the proud captain neglected..A typical human attributes..

Carelessness lead to that crash..

And some others.

The moment a fault is detected, diversion to nearest Airport should be made immediately..But this ones continued with one Engine until it happened...Sad memories.

Mehn..

Seems the Captain has once ridden on a bus in Oshodi...e go say “e go bi carburetor. Make we manage am come tarred.”

5 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Slickest(m): 6:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Its so sad how insensitive you people are, you do journalism without understanding. The word anniversary needs to be understood, please be cautioned
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by jrusky(m): 6:35am On Jun 03, 2022
Anniversary? Wait, so it's now anniversary where people lost their lives in such horror and the beautiful girl that survived it her life has never remain the same till today?

Then one day it will become Boko and ISWAP killing anniversary.

Then fulabitch beheading, raping and killing people will become anniversary one day baa?

Then bandit kidnapping nd killing innocent people will one day become anniversary one day isn't?

Pls is too early for annoying things like this on social page.

Ok nah nice anniversary.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by arantess: 6:42am On Jun 03, 2022
chatinent:
I still can't get my head over this crash: how did the engines develop such fault? The pilot used the same experience he uses to drive his car to pilot the airplane.. “let me manage it till we reach.”
If he were Nigerian, we would have crucified his dead body
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by princewarri1985: 6:44am On Jun 03, 2022
I still remember the day the crash took place because then i was still living in lagos, because i spent 10 years in lagos, and i was living in ogba, that fateful day i was in my flat eating when my phone rang suddenly and my best friend ezekiel who live in agege called me to inform me that a plane just crashed close to his house, i left the food am eating and took a bike straight to agege and i experienced everything that happened first hand. My question now is what happened to those innocent kids that was handed over to fashola that day when he came visiting the crash site? Because i was there when he took them away because i was there when the area boys handed the kids over to fashola because they lost both their parents inside the building the plane crashed in to and he promised to train them before he took them away, God don pick those children call because i believe they will be abroad now. life sha

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Ilaje1: 6:44am On Jun 03, 2022
DamianX:
Back to sender. Which 1 is anniversary again.
People are trying to heal a d erase the memory and you are bringing it back saying anniversary.

It should be remembrance. I think the person meant well but na English let am down.
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by MA23: 6:44am On Jun 03, 2022
I remember that day , a week later we had of belview crash also
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Amos1423(m): 6:45am On Jun 03, 2022
Millions of poor Nigerians die everyday has anyone remembered them?
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by nnennachiji(f): 6:46am On Jun 03, 2022
I still remember that day. It was a Sunday I was in Lagos was supposed to go back to port Harcourt with Monday morning flight I almost canceled my flight but I didn’t have enough money
When we boarded everyone was so tensed and everyone was praying during the flight.
When we got to port Harcourt everybody shouted thank You Jesus .
I have never been that scared as I was on that flight

9 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Asianjollof007: 6:47am On Jun 03, 2022
Anniversary of disastrous occurence?
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by madjune(m): 6:47am On Jun 03, 2022
There was Dana crashes in 2005, and Sosoliso.

Which ones are they talking about in this long epistle?
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by naptu2: 6:49am On Jun 03, 2022
Ilaje1:

It should be remembrance. I think the person meant well but na English let am down.

Anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo.

This was a battle in which all the Texans that were defending the Alamo were killed and the Mexicans took control of the fort. It is marked as an anniversary in the US.

https://www.thealamo.org/alamo-trust/pressroom/commemoration-2021

See the definition of the term anniversary below.

(The people you are quoting are people who always try to derail my thread by posting negative comments. It's got nothing to do with the meaning of the word. I know people that died in that crash and the invitation to the church service contains the word anniversary)

4 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by juman(m): 6:51am On Jun 03, 2022
Terrible times.
Thank you buhari.
No plane crash.
We appreciate it.
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by FuckHomophobes: 6:51am On Jun 03, 2022
Wow, I read through this and it gave me chills. I wonder what the passengers would be thinking all that time .

May the soul of the departed continue to rest in power

4 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Maconstruct(m): 6:55am On Jun 03, 2022
It happened on a sunny Sunday.
By Monday we were in school at iju. Teachers were mumuring, friends were gossiping. Helicopters hovering d site. AIT/channels vehicle parked at d road side leading to d main street enclosing d street of d site.
Classmates telling what dey were doing when dey heard d loud boom.
A classmate even had a piece from d plane I thought to b from d interior.
We did nothing in school Monday/teusday, and closed earlier.
Life has moved on now.
RIP to dana victims

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by NoToPile: 7:00am On Jun 03, 2022
madjune:
There was Dana crashes in 2005, and Sosoliso.

Which ones are they talking about in this long epistle?

That was Bellview that not Dana. Dana crash was some years later after Bellview and Sosoliso.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by YaksonFCA(m): 7:01am On Jun 03, 2022
May their soul Rest In Peace
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Cutehector(m): 7:14am On Jun 03, 2022
nnennachiji:
I still remember that day. It was a Sunday I was in Lagos was supposed to go back to port Harcourt with Monday morning flight I almost canceled my flight but I didn’t have enough money
When we boarded everyone was so tensed and everyone was praying during the flight.
When we got to port Harcourt everybody shouted thank You Jesus .
I have never been that scared as I was on that flight
you were on that flight that crashed? I dont understand.
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Freebills12: 7:14am On Jun 03, 2022
May God continue to rest their souls in peace. Amen
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Cutehector(m): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2022
Captain Waxtan was sent from hell to crash that plane..mchew. such negligence from him

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyo Govt Urge Residents Around Blast Site To Leave Homes, Check Into Hotels / Work Resumes On Ado Ekiti Civic Centre (Pictures) / FAAN Bans ‘Ghana Must Go’ Sacks At Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.