Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:20 PM

Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos (21504 Views)

9 Presidents Who Died In Air Crash / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash / Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by ecolime(m): 7:15am On Jun 03, 2022
My Dad's friend was in this same plane's trip from Lagos to Abuja. God saved him as it was the return trip that crashed.

The captain's pride and carelessness caused the unnecessary crash. Engine failure isn't what one should keep quiet over.

I was deeply pained about this crash 10 years ago. Re-reading the account again just brought back the sad memories again cry

May God permanently heal the families of the ones we lost cry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by xtremeTall(m): 7:17am On Jun 03, 2022
chatinent:
I still can't get my head over this crash: how did the engines develop such fault? The pilot used the same experience he uses to drive his car to pilot the airplane.. “let me manage it till we reach.”
you modify your 4 Engine off thread comment to how did the Engine Develop fault?
Oga Sacrifice ur 10min and read

2 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by beautyhd: 7:23am On Jun 03, 2022
I read everything and I’m emotional and angry.

Poor assembling caused the crash, according to the write up it was worked on the previous day.

It might be a deliberate intention or negligence or oversight, together with the captains pride.

Rip to them, it was a sad day.

4 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by EmmaLege: 7:28am On Jun 03, 2022
this day cry cry cry
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:29am On Jun 03, 2022
Just imagine....even foreign investigation discovered the typical Nigeria mentality of peculiar fuel management being used on a craft that carries hundreds of lives

T O DARLING

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Victordarey02: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2022
It's such a sad incident and always be remembered
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by sotall(m): 7:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Read everything and its such a sad memory.

Too many wrong actions led to this incident. If only some of these corrected.

May the souls of the victims rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by folake4u(f): 7:35am On Jun 03, 2022
I still remember that day vividly. embarassed
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by gulfer: 7:37am On Jun 03, 2022
I remember that day vividly, may God almighty console the families of the departed and cause us to do the right things to prevent such a reoccurrence. Amen embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Emmanuel909090: 7:39am On Jun 03, 2022
Great loss, but learn not to have issues with key people in your organisation as well as as where you eat.
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Rahkman: 7:44am On Jun 03, 2022
Anniversary ke? Una well for this forum so?
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by xynerise: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2022
Anniversary or Remembrance?

Are we celebrating it?

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by sylve11: 7:59am On Jun 03, 2022
chatinent:

And both engines went bad? No signals?

Did you not read the content of the writers? sad cool

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by dahmie2013: 8:02am On Jun 03, 2022
May the souls of the departed continue to rest in peace. embarassed
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Racoon(m): 8:03am On Jun 03, 2022
beautyhd:
I read everything and I’m emotional and angry. Poor assembling caused the crash, according to the write up it was worked on the previous day.

It might be deliberate intention or negligence or oversight, together with the captains pride. Rip to them, it was a sad day.
Same here sir. Thanks @ naptu2.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by tarantino1: 8:03am On Jun 03, 2022
Nigeria mago mago of foreign is better.

Since na white man, e go Sabi fly plane. No need for background check or even proper training.

They just wanted to rush him in to fly the plane.

While multiple parties (not just the pilot) had a hand in what happened, the pilot was directly responsible for the crash and DANA should have done better to protect their passengers.

6 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by tarantino1: 8:06am On Jun 03, 2022
naptu2:

Anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo.

This was a battle in which all the Texans that were defending the Alamo were killed and the Mexicans took control of the fort. It is marked as an anniversary in the US.

https://www.thealamo.org/alamo-trust/pressroom/commemoration-2021

See the definition of the term anniversary below.

(The people you are quoting are people who always try to derail my thread by posting negative comments. It's got nothing to do with the meaning of the word. I know people that died in that crash and the invitation to the church service contains the word anniversary)

Even 9/11 last year was called the 20th Anniversary. The " I too knows " for this forum dey very irritating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Olam09(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2022
The memorial site is dilapidated and unkempt now. I still pass there this morning.

3 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Darealudeme: 8:18am On Jun 03, 2022
Urheadmaster:
The worse crash ever to be recorded in Nigeria Air plane aviation sad
Actually the worst air crash recorded happened in Kano
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by concho(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2022
Thank God I can now go to London from Lagos with bike � . I no want story

2 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Ishilove: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2022
10 years so fast? Time flies

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2022
DSC7:
What a Tragedy shocked

A family of nine, the Anyene Family, made up of the husband, wife, four children, wife’s mother and two other family members described as the wife’s cousins, perished in the crash. The wife and children were based in the United States

All 153 passengers and crew members had perished. At least 6 people on the ground were also killed by the crash. . cry cry

May their souls continue to rest in peace..

Is it true that the crashed was caused because Jonathan Wife wanted to leave Lagos and they told DANA to wait ??

Not too sure of the story though.
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by uuzba(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2022
chatinent:
I still can't get my head over this crash: how did the engines develop such fault? The pilot used the same experience he uses to drive his car to pilot the airplane.. “let me manage it till we reach.”
In foreign nations, they do MOT for all motor vehicles:
- cars
- trucks
- bike
You must carry the vehicle to a mechanic, who will check the brakes, light, wiper, tyres, Engine. If any one is bad/broken, he will not give your the MOT certificate. He will send your number plate and VIN number to internet database and police will just be waiting to seize and crush your car the moment you try to escape. You can't even sell the car because everyone will check the internet database about the car's condition.
Please this applies to lorries, trucks and other goods vehicles.
But we here, what have we done with MOT in Nigeria?
We keep no record, have no database and do not repair our vehicles. Then BRIBE and collect PAPER MOT and just dump it in the car .
This is the Nigerian attitude and we are all guilty of this type of behaviour.
Don't do the correct thing .
BUT collect the paper, and be forming "Smart!, Sharp-Sharp!, Correct guy"
Unfortunately this must have been the type of scenario the Pilot was in. Even if he complains, somebody will tell him to keep quiet and fly the plane like that.

See it now .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by SaturnNick(m): 8:30am On Jun 03, 2022
Mumusaphire:
Can u imagine this. Anniversary or remembrance?
embarassed embarassed embarassed I had to recheck the topic
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by YinkaGold02: 8:31am On Jun 03, 2022
Wait..... Anniversary or Remembrance which way Na. May their soul R.I.P
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:33am On Jun 03, 2022
Very terrible. Rip to the dead ones again.
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Kirkman: 8:41am On Jun 03, 2022
The federal government seized the license and also banned the MD-83 aircraft type used by Dana Air after the crash

https://www.nairaland.com/7107838/dana-airlines-flight-caught-fire#112474818

All lies...Same MD83 aircraft type rating that is still flying our skies till today and even had a fire incident on the 2nd of May 2022. May the souls of the departed rest in peace. Amen. And may their families find comfort.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Bsmartt(m): 8:43am On Jun 03, 2022
The crash was a terrible moment. I pray for the deceased and their families.
From the report it could be deduced that the pilot and the co-pilot did not follow the SOP in case of an emergency.
This also happened in the medical field according to victims comments where a Doctor will refuse to call for additional help during surgery if things had gone south.
The nutshell is, always ask for help and don't be too arrogant to admit your mistakes.

Thank you @Op for the information.

1 Like

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by Sunnydoo: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2022
So this tragedy is now called anniversary.
Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by dontrulee: 9:06am On Jun 03, 2022
I remember that day.
It was like a nightmare.
Yes, it was a Sunday. My mum had gone to the headquarters church in Iju ishaga (Foursquare gospel church) the crash happened just the street behind my Church. I thank God for saving my Mum and my church. My dad was so scared when we watched the news happening live on TV, he immediately put a call through to my Mum and my Mum confirmed that she was save.

The next day I went to school and saw the sight because my school is located in Iju ishaga (Barachel Model college). DANA crash is something I wouldn't forget in a long time. May the soul of the people perished rest in peace

5 Likes

Re: Today Is The Tenth Anniversary Of The Dana Air Crash In Lagos by harmony75: 9:06am On Jun 03, 2022
So terribly sad that of the entire family was too much to bear � Livi Ajonuma and the rest may their souls continue to rest in perfect peace �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / New Visa Policy For Nigerians Traveling To Indonesia, NDLEA To Be Involved / Peace Mass Transit Guide On Seat Numbering And Sitting In Their Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.