Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Is God In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God In Heaven? (175 Views)

3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God In Heaven? by Prevail123: 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
LearnChrist Bible Study Meeting, Thursday 2nd June, 2022||Pst Prevail & Becky Inegbenose.

Topic: "HEAVEN"
Focus: Is God In Heaven?

To deal with this focus, we deemed it thoughtful to first and foremost established whether or not there is a place called heaven; and our first port of call was this;
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Gen 1:1. Read: Ps 33:6.

The question now is does God dwell in heaven - is He in heaven?
To answer this, we also took a dive into the scriptures;

"Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens." Psalm 123:1.

"The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men." Psalm 11:4.

"After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name." Matt 6:9. Read: Ps 2:4; Ps 18:13; Ps 33:13; Rev 12:7; Rev 21:1-3.

So, from the foregoing, we concluded that God is in heaven according to His words.

Now, why do some people say God is not in heaven? We noted that their argument may have been based on Genesis 1:1,
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." They claim that God is still where He was before He created the heaven and the earth.

The question is, Is it not possible for God to have created the heaven and the earth, and call the part He dwells heaven? A man may created a city or business, and decide to call the part he dwells or began the headquarter.

Listen, God's word tells us God is in heaven; let His word be true, and men's word be lie. We, at LearnChrist however counsel that, if indeed God does not dwell in heaven; it shouldn't be a problem at all. Wherever He is, we will meet Him there. If He dwells in the cave, we will be there with Him. Let's not chase after the irrelevance, and miss out on the relevance. The most important thing now is to believe in Jesus and live for Him with all sincerity of heart.

I pray for you, may your focus on God and eternity with Jesus not be derailed in Jesus mighty name. Rest!
Re: Is God In Heaven? by ajekpaks(m): 7:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
What is God doing in heaven right now?

sitting on a big throne made of fire? with some angels fanning him while others massage his legs with heavenly oils... then some angels are singing hallelujah like robotic zombies with no ambitions

While holding a heavenly iPad watching how the OP will make love this cold night.

Angel Gabriel by his right reporting the events of the world he created that is currently in disarray, but God is not really bothered you know, he works in mysterious ways...

Mother Mary in the kitchen whipping up some mean Holy stew for dinner where they'll discuss on how Buhari took our Naira from 200 per dolls to over 600

oops not important enough,

I dunno sha
Re: Is God In Heaven? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
Prevail123:

Now, why do some people say God is not in heaven? !

You saw it said "The heavens, is His Throne".

The Throne is a place of Administration (Office) And A King must Rule, so The king can and will and must be there.

But A king is not limited by His Office for He can go any where and rule from anywhere, hence He is not bound to be in the Office.
Re: Is God In Heaven? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2022
ajekpaks:
What is God doing in heaven right now?

sitting on a big throne made of fire? with some angels fanning him while others massage his legs with heavenly oils... then some angels are singing hallelujah like robotic zombies with no ambitions

While holding a heavenly iPad watching how the OP will make love this cold night.

Angel Gabriel by his right reporting the events of the world he created that is currently in disarray, but God is not really bothered you know, he works in mysterious ways...

Mother Mary in the kitchen whipping up some mean Holy stew for dinner where they'll discuss on how Buhari took our Naira from 200 per dolls to over 600

oops not important enough,

I dunno sha
i found this quite funny lol cheesygrin

(1) (Reply)

Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This / HIS Plan Or YOUR Plan / Catholic Vs Orthodox Religion, What Are There Differences?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.