Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade (1252 Views)

Taliban Flies US Black Hawk Helicopter Over A Victory Parade / Taliban ‘Victory Force’ Parade With US Tanks & Guns( Pix) / Donald Trump: "A Parade For Me In Nigeria, A Great Honor!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by ClipHog: 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
Thousands of people attended the annual Jerusalem Pride Parade on Thursday amid heavy protection by Israeli police, who arrested three people suspected of threatening the event.

Past years have seen religious radicals attack participants. Jerusalem is home to a large ultra-Orthodox Jewish community and other conservative religious groups, and many residents oppose the event.
The Jerusalem parade is much smaller than the yearly festivities in the more liberal Tel Aviv, Israel's commercial hub on the Mediterranean Sea. Up to 7,000 people attended the Jerusalem march this year, police said.

Police could be seen deployed on nearby rooftops and a police helicopter hovered overhead. The police said they arrested two suspects with batons, tear gas and gloves in their car who were heading to the parade area.

In 2015, an Israeli man stabbed 16-year-old Shira Banki to death and wounded several others at the Jerusalem Pride Parade; he had recently been released for a similar attack on parade participants in 2005. The attack was widely condemned across Israel's political spectrum.
Earlier Thursday, police said they had apprehended a 21-year-old European citizen residing in Jerusalem on suspicion of sending threats to an organizer of the parade and to several members of parliament who support LGBTQ rights. The police provided no further details.

“We will not allow the Pride Parade to take place in Jerusalem, the holy city. Shira Banki’s fate awaits you," read the threat sent to liberal Labor party lawmaker and longtime LGBTQ-rights supporter Gilad Kariv.

Some members of Israel’s ultra-religious community oppose the parade, homosexuality, and LGBTQ rights, and say the event should not take place in the holy city. A far-right anti-LGBTQ group, Lehava, usually stages a counter-protest nearby.
Earlier this week, Israel’s defense minister said the government would consider designating Lehava a terrorist organization for affiliation with the late Rabbi Meir Kahane and his violent, anti-Arab ideology.

Israel has emerged as a major gay-friendly travel destination in recent years, in sharp contrast with the rest of the region, where gays are often persecuted and even killed. Members of the LGBTQ community serve openly in Israel’s military and parliament, and many popular artists and entertainers as well as the country’s current health minister are openly gay. But leaders of the LGBTQ community say Israel has a long way to go to promote equality.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/jerusalem-ap-israeli-jewish-mediterranean-sea-b2092834.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcEi131Ijgs
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by ClipHog: 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2022
Pictures

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by MindHacker9009(m): 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
And Jesus Christ is just watching all this happening in His home town!

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by ClipHog: 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2022
MindHacker9009:

grin grin what do you want him to do?

3 Likes

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:22pm On Jun 03, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jesus Christ indeed..even your imaginary creature God can do nothing.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2022
Way to go..we love y'all..I am glad that the world is begining to accept them.. cheesy
Homophobes can cry their eye out.. grin

Tuh all lgbt..pls be proud of yaself a neva hesitate tuh show who yuh truly are...let di colours glow.. grin

2 Likes

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by JohnBullMySon: 8:25pm On Jun 03, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Lol grin grin.

Jesus hometown recognized same sex activity in 1988, 15 years earlier than America who only did so in 2003.

3 Likes

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Lol grin grin.

Jesus hometown recognized same sex activity in 1988, 15 years earlier than America who only did so in 2003.
Yeah..hence my word "Jesus Christ can do nothing about it".. grin

2 Likes

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by IamWonderful: 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jesus Christ didn't died for destined Children of perdition, He died for few that want to be saved, the choice is yours
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Elliot2(m): 8:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

When that final day comes, it is then you will know that you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Elliot2(m): 8:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

He didn't do anything when mere mortals killed him, and he will still do nothing. Until that appointed time, satan has but a very limited time, and power has been given unto him to test the people.
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by iyapont: 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2022
I don't know why I hate seeing this Rainbow Colour undecided undecided beautiful rainbow colour these people ruined it

#justiceForRainbowColour grin

2 Likes

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Elliot2(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Way to go..we love y'all..I am glad that the world is begining to accept them.. cheesy
Homophobes can cry their eye out.. grin

Tuh all lgbt..pls be proud of yaself a neva hesitate tuh show who yuh truly are...let di colours glow.. grin
Only if you knew what you are doing. The gnashing of teeth that is the reward of all sinners.
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:40pm On Jun 03, 2022
Elliot2:
When that final day comes, it is then you will know that you are on your own.
Don't you get tired of your funny final day that's never gonna come..release yourself from Religion slavery.. grin

2 Likes

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by JohnBullMySon: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Religion in Western Europe is almost dead including Islam, and Israel, UK and America are heavily influenced by them. I'm almost tempted to believe that it's the reason Western Europe by far has the most livable states in the Western world.

Both the left and right in Europe are generally liberal democracies and would be classified as Democrats by American standards.

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Mummyjoy: 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2022
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place (whoso readeth, let him understand) .....
Jesus Christ already told us about the end time, see Matthew 24:15-51
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:05pm On Jun 03, 2022
MindHacker9009:

I'm sure he'd feel right at home with them. Fellow fishers of men.

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by MindHacker9009(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
ClipHog:

grin grin what do you want him to do?

I want Jesus Christ to just send me there to be the FISHERS of the cute ladies so that I can convert them like He did with Mary Madalene grin grin grin
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Proudlyomonna: 11:28pm On Jun 03, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You know I wanted to say God punish you ;Dbut I then remembered that I am in no position to tell God who to punish or not grin
Although I for really like make God punish you just for vawulence sakes sha grin grin
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Ngolo55: 12:06am On Jun 04, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Your mission on this platform is what i don't understand.

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by ClipHog: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2022
MindHacker9009:

I want Jesus Christ to just send me there to be the FISHERS of the cute ladies so that I can convert them like He did with Mary Madalene grin grin grin

grin this your wish is solely reserved for the master alone
nah You aren't eligible...
He promised to make Peter bros (Man) the fisher of men not women, grin your wish is denied cheesy
Unless you are of the novel Gender X cheesy

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by RichProminent(m): 8:00am On Jun 04, 2022
LGBTQ in the capital of Christianity?
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by tonididdy(m): 8:59am On Jun 04, 2022
Hmmm... The location get as e be oh shocked

I certify this ;

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by seunny4lif(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2022
Where are those Africa Christians that want to kill or dead for Israel grin.
The holy land now have holy pride parade grin grin

Here is where I still respect Saudi Arabia, because nothing like this can’t ever happen.

I thought God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for something like this undecided and now it’s even happen in so called Holy land.

4 Likes

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Flamemignon1(m): 12:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
Yay, beautiful. I can't wait for world pride in New York
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Flamemignon1(m): 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2022
iyapont:
I don't know why I hate seeing this Rainbow Colour undecided undecided beautiful rainbow colour these people ruined it

#justiceForRainbowColour grin
Good,start a petition to get back the Christian rainbow,I will sign....lol

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Flamemignon1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 04, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Can you stop saying convert?.... it's really offensive to queer people. How would you feel if a gay man said he wants to convert you?
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Flamemignon1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2022
seunny4lif:
Where are those Africa Christians that want to kill or dead for Israel grin.
The holy land now have holy pride parade grin grin

Here is where I still respect Saudi Arabia, because nothing like this can’t ever happen.

I thought God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for something like this undecided and now it’s even happen in so called Holy land.
God never destroyed sodom and Gomorrah for just homosexuality alone,it was for all their sins
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by MindHacker9009(m): 2:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
Flamemignon1:

Can you stop saying convert?.... it's really offensive to queer people.

Convertion through Jehovah is not by force, if the ladies feels like it then "I will carry them dey go their husband house" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by Flamemignon1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Convertion through Jehovah is not by force, if the ladies feels like it then "I will carry them dey go their husband house" grin grin grin
LoL.....you guys enh. I just roll off my bed laughing
Re: LGBTQ: Thousands attend Jerusalem's annual Pride Parade by sanpipita(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2022
Nigerians are very ignorant, Israel is a very gay country and they are majorly Jews that practice Judaism not Christianity

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukrainians Remain Defiant Amid Russian Missile Strikes--- Photos / Is Ghaddafi The Devil We Think He Is? / South Korean Scientists Announce Plan To Clone A Woolly Mammoth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.