Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:05 PM

Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? (11730 Views)

Why Are Motorcyclists Called Okada Riders? / Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos / Policeman In Police Uniform Doing Okada Business In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by kkins25(m): 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
MrCover:
Start Blogging Business And Thank Mr Cover

Please If You Are Selling Airtel Bulk Airtime, Notify Mr Cover, On WhatsApp Chat Now

Is Very Important For Blogging Business.
is this Im looking to start a blog, any tips for me?
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by grandstar(m): 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2022
Aderewah:
Phone engineer. Know how to repair phones. 100m phones in southern Nigeria at least. Imagine the statistics of spoilt phone daily. Your Okada competition are illiterates from Niger republic. Anybody can ride a bike. Not everyone can repair an iPhone 11 Pro. Soon you can start selling phones too then laptops and have a big gadget stores. Many people ride okada for years with nothing to show. Think about the stress. 400 kilometers for 100 naira. You’ll do it 100 times before you make 10k. And you’ll buy fuel. You can make 10k on just one repair. Wise up.

I was shocked my phone repairer was overcharging me ₦12k for screen repair. That's apart from the workmanship. He told me the screen was 28k when it was actually 16k. These guys are merciless

There's no future in Okada. You might as well just throwaway your education.
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by ford101: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2022
GloriousGbola:

And this is why so many of you will remain forever in the dumps. Because you are all too mentally lazy to improve yourselves but will prefer to learn by rote.

Trial and error.

A thinkpad is one of the easiest devices to take apart,and there are multiple videos on the net showing how different models can be opened.

Yet when my laptop had an issue, one joker would up destroying the keyboard because like you, he celebrates the mental laziness of trial and error.

But that is probably how you seperate the real experts from the dilletantes

I don't no who u are referring to as somany of you.cos if its me.am swimming in millions and have investments and workers.keep looking for them you people.even as a phone software engineer.in heart plaza maraba I use to go to alaba and pick uk used phones to sale in the streets.so mind wat you say.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by NaijaCars4sale: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2022
Both of them are great
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by MrCover: 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
kkins25:
is this Im looking to start a blog, any tips for me?

Is Here For You

1 Like

Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Stephen0mozzy: 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
laivwire:

Wrong way to evaluate a business.

Okada: Start making money on Day 1 but has vagaries. Occupational hazards, touts and immense competition but you are always flexible with working times and locations. Good if you're a field person.

Phone repair: Takes time to develop and business revenue is not a daily constant except you're located at a phone sales and repair hub. Less risk and opportunities for expansion through vertical and horizontal integration.

Drawbacks include less flexible locations, competition depending on location and really leans on your technical skills.

Pick your poison.

Verbosity doesn't always mean communication. What did you say here that wasn't covered in my comment?
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Stephen0mozzy: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

Have u visited a busy phone repair shop

Have you visited the not busy phone repair shop? Everywhere cannot be "computer village"....each one has their pros and cons, you don't know ops present financial needs nor whether he is already proficient in phone repairs...

1 Like

Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Perfectbeing(m): 6:37pm On Jun 06, 2022
Aderewah:
Phone engineer. Know how to repair phones. 100m phones in southern Nigeria at least. Imagine the statistics of spoilt phone daily. Your Okada competition are illiterates from Niger republic. Anybody can ride a bike. Not everyone can repair an iPhone 11 Pro. Soon you can start selling phones too then laptops and have a big gadget stores. Many people ride okada for years with nothing to show. Think about the stress. 400 kilometers for 100 naira. You’ll do it 100 times before you make 10k. And you’ll buy fuel. You can make 10k on just one repair. Wise up.
Do you know what 400 km is?

The distance between Lagos to Abuja is just a little above 500 km o. Small small with your exaggeration biko
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by kkins25(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2022
MrCover:

Is Here For You
so make i whatsapp
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Gjackzy(m): 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2022
Go for phone repair business if you are a smart guy. With Advanced phone repair business ( like fixing iPhones ) , you can make up to a million or more in a month depending on your skill but then, you have to be ready to spend up to a million too to get good equipments like this what you are seeing if you really want to make it big in phone repair business

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Chuknovski(m): 7:15pm On Jun 06, 2022
Bros follow your mind
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Wwwq: 9:42pm On Jun 06, 2022
Any
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Evidenx(m): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
kartelkid:
Please I need your advice on this topic; if you have experience. Which one generates more income. Thanks
There is money in phone repairs BUT THE WAHALA IN IT IS ALSO VERY GREAT. I Was once a phone engineer but I ran,. They can just bring a phone for you to repair,after you loose the nuts phone nor go on again. Dem go say,do the phone back as you first see am..haha.

Na so police and soldiers dey find my oga come store..na I run. Many phone engineers later go into selling of phone parts and accessories to avoid the troubles of phone engineering. If you know you have heart to take troubles go for phone engineering but if you don't like wahala don't try it.

Okada self nor good,Find another work. Keke better pass okada.
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Adegbem01(m): 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2022
kartelkid:
Please I need your advice on this topic; if you have experience. Which one generates more income. Thanks
Do both boss
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by sofiscatedmoron: 7:38am On Jun 07, 2022
Stephen0mozzy:

Have you visited the not busy phone repair shop? Everywhere cannot be "computer village"....each one has their pros and cons, you don't know ops present financial needs nor whether he is already proficient in phone repairs...

Just like everwhere is not the same for okada business to Bloom, mind u I never mentioned computer village, I said a busy phone shop, that's why fail in exams
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Stephen0mozzy: 8:41am On Jun 07, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

Just like everwhere is not the same for okada business to Bloom, mind u I never mentioned computer village, I said a busy phone shop, that's why fail in exams

k.
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by jomarick(m): 9:07am On Jun 07, 2022
It's an insult to compare phone engineers to okada riders. If you want to be a phone repairer you must be very technical and smart, it's not a job you learn because you need to make money.
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by GreaterFuture(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2022
rajiedreez:
grin you seemed not to understand phone repair business. Maybe you just want to learn how to change mouthpiece, speaker and some screens. If you truly want to go into phone repair business you won't be comparing it with Okada. Some phone engineer make over 50k daily and some make up to 100k sef. Although there are some that don't make up to 1k daily o. But it depends on how well you want to know the job. To be very good at phone you'll spend well over 1m on learning and buying tools.

I kid you not
So importing phone screens and repair parts is good business...
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by rajiedreez: 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2022
GreaterFuture:

So importing phone screens and repair parts is good business...
Sure
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by GreaterFuture(m): 11:57pm On Jun 18, 2022
rajiedreez:

Sure
Pls can you point me to where exactly I can get these
Good prices in bulks, is it possible to do direct purchase myself online, AE, Alibaba...

Also, can say 300k to 400k a good capital start for this business?
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by Autobot05: 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
Aderewah:

It’s not that easy boss. There are losses too

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by NokiaN8(m): 11:03am On Jul 15, 2022
Worldlegend:
Like for OBI

SHARE FOR ATIKU

QUOTE FOR TINUBU
Re: Commercial Okada Rider Or Phone Engineer? by oloyeagbaakin(m): 6:49pm On May 31, 2023
Worldlegend:
Like for OBI

SHARE FOR ATIKU

QUOTE FOR TINUBU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rescue Me From My Job!! / Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson / What Is The Job Description Of A Compliance Officer In A Bank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.